Beernutz is offline Member

smaller waist means fat burnt?????

im just curious to know if your waist is going down in inches does this garauntee that your burning fat or could it just mean your whole body is getting smaller because of the cardio. As most of you know i was felling low as of lately about how i thought i wasnt burning fat anymore, but this morning i took my waist measurement like i always do on a friday morning and it was lower then ever, and my fat calculater (wether its good or not) says my bf is at 11.7% down from 13% 2 weeks ago. 1 month ago my waist was 36.4 then" then 34.5" then 33.3 then 33.1 and now today it measured 32.2". Does this mean im still burning fat?

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    There are really only 2 explinations(sp?) 1.) you are indeed burning fat 2.) you're losing water around your waist.

or it could be a combination of the both.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Yes, you are losing fat. You're past the stage of water loss. Congrats, keep at it.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, cuz that area is nothing but fat really and bones underneath it all. Reducing it means you are equally taking off fat.

~SC~

thanks guys atleast there is some proof im doing something right.

tonight is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    1 month ago my waist was 36.4 then" then 34.5" then 33.3 then 33.1 and now today it measured 32.2". Does this mean im still burning fat?
    Just make sure you're measuring your waist at the same time of day. The difference between 33.3 and 33.1 might be just holding the tape measure differently. The measurements can lie when they're taken too often (same thing with the scale) STILL, going from 36" to 32" in one month is certainly a significant loss and certainly not one which you could unconciously make a mistake in measuring. Great job!!!

ya i take my measurements every friday morning after the initial urine release..lol. I always hold the tape measure around my waist where my belly button is.

Thread Information