Thread: Cutting, help

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member

Cutting, help

For me this is a cutting diet. I generally eat like crap every day, and just moving to this I am positive will help. I tried this a few months back, but only kept it up for a month but had lost 10lbs. Suprisingly I still have kept it off. I am good at maintaining weight. Anyways, I think i have the grouping right, I am just not sure about placement. Any help is appreciated.

Well I did it in excel, and it doesnt copy over so hot, so check out the link.
    http://inconsiderate.org/derek/diet.htm

I also plan on doing cardio for 45mins ED when i wakeup on an empty stomach.

I am 6' 212lbs and roughly 15-18% BF
    Last edited by Psychotron; 06-04-2004 at 11:28 AM.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Congratulations on making the change dude. Here are some suggestions...

Make your first meal after cardio a pro/fat meal. This will help the lipolysis continue.

I think you have too many pro/carb meals. You need more fat. Your carb choices are bad. Don't eat carbs and fat during the same meal.

What's vitargo?

Vitargo CGL by nutrex, ive been using it as my carb source my PWO. Has 10g creatine with it. It's been working great for me. But I am probably changing it to a pure dextrose source soon.

Which carb sources are you referring to? Should I exchange the white rice with like brown rice? Are my veggies good or should I use different ones?

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    I agree that your carbs are too high. I would (Like you stated) switch from white to brown rice. I would lose the skim milk, and the rice in meal 6. There is no reason for any more carbs after your ppwo meal. I also don't think you need rice in your second meal, the longer you go without the introduction of carbs after your cardio, the longer you are burning fat, so I would make meal 2 a pro/fat meal as well. If you HAVE to have the rice, try 1/2 cup instead of a whole cup.

Your fats are too low as well. Fish oil isn't bad, but I would look into some flax, it's just as good, and will give you 14g of fat or so to the tablespoon.

Eat as many veggies as you want except carrots, corn, and peas.

white rice -> brown rice
    white potato -> yam

But overall, I think you have too many pro/carb meals. Switch some up for some pro/fat meals.

Ok what benefits does brown rice offer over white, and same question for yam over baked potato?

My suggestions are low on the glycemic index. Yours are high.

mekler is offline Associate Member
    white rice is a simple carb and brown rice is complex. brown rice breaks down slower and provides you with fiber.

Does this look any better? I upped the Fish oil to a tablespoon, cut out the white rice in meal 6, switchted to brown rice. and switched the potato for yams. also got rid of the milk.

http://inconsiderate.org/derek/diet2.htm
    Last edited by Psychotron; 06-04-2004 at 03:12 PM.

bump?

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    It's coming along but I think your fats need to be more in the range of 80-90g and your carbs about 100-150. See if you can revamp it around those numbers. You won't need the carbs in meal 2. You want most of your carbs pwo and ppwo.

Hmm.. For some reason I was under the impression I wanted my carbs to be PWO and one of the meals prior to my workout.

Would it be a bad idea to have fish oil with my first meal? The other thing I am thinking is I dont have enough "real food" What would be a good first meal based on the fact that i will be running first thing. Egg whites? Not sure what a good ratio to egg whites to whole eggs would be good.
    Last edited by Psychotron; 06-05-2004 at 11:33 AM.

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    Hmm.. For some reason I was under the impression I wanted my carbs to be PWO and one of the meals prior to my workout.

Would it be a bad idea to have fish oil with my first meal? The other thing I am thinking is I dont have enough "real food" What would be a good first meal based on the fact that i will be running first thing. Egg whites? Not sure what a good ratio to egg whites to whole eggs would be good.
    fish oil is not bad, but u should try flax seed oil or my fav Udo's oil blend instead

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron

If you're doing cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach then you definitely want your first meal to be protein/fat. This will help lipolysis to continue after your cardio. Egg whites with a few yolks is ok. One egg white contains ~3g protein while a yolk is 3g protein plus 5g fat.

OK lets see how this looks
    http://inconsiderate.org/derek/diet3.htm

I only have two more recommendations.

1) Get rid of the oil at 6pm. You just want a protein (tuna) and a low GI carb (yams). Of course, keep the broccoli.

2) If you can, switch up your last two meals. Using real food as a protein source will allow it to burn more slowly while you sleep.

Otherwise, it looks good to me. Good luck dude.

Well, I don't think I want any more chicken in my diet. as of now I think I want to exchange one of the chickens. What would you reccomend as a protein source for my last meal? Perhaps some lean steak?

You can have your shake at 8:00 and your chicken at 11:00. This won't add more chicken, just move it around.

Or you can have tuna, salmon, lean beef, egg whites, and on, and on,,,

Oh ok, got ya. Alright, appreciate all the help bad_man. I will probably begin this soon. Will keep you updated.

Thread Information