k_dogg is offline Associate Member

I have to eat crap food to gain wieght. it rocks.

this is my bulking diet. It works for me and my body fat doesnt go up much... i just get larger/stronger.
    i eat heaps of yohgurt (2lbs after gym) , white bread, peanut butter, steak, chicken, tuna and pasta and white rice, eggs, drink V8, and most importantly i find for me is a rediculous amount of Milo!!! (sugarie fatty chocolate drink like ovaltine) with full cream milk...heaps of full cream milk and milo. no protien shakes...tehe
    i also train 6 times a week. 3 days on one day off.
    i find it bewildering that people can eat heaps 'healthy' cutting fat and what not and still have energy to train or grow. i think i may just be lucky or something cause to get wieght on i really have to smash chocalate milo drinks for calories and keep eating meat and rice i guess. i just basically work off eating 2lbs of yohgurt after gym, and 3 750ml milo's a day. aswell as my other meals wich i dont really monitor that much. is this odd?
    the last time i ate and trained like this (been doing more endurance than wieghts last six months) i went from 166 to 187lbs in 3 months. i looked and felt great!
    ill be doing it again when i get some downtime.
    just wanted to say this after reading a lot of the diet threads here at AR

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah. I see a lot of CHEAT MEAL threads and feel bad. I too have to eat all that crap to gain weight. That fat free crap just doesnt put on the weight. Ive found that lots of burgers and fries helps. Red meat and starches I guess. I still eat the good stuff but my main concern is calories and not all this sugar free, fat free, stuff.

I remember those days...I smell fries and my stomach bulges..I have to eat "torture food" all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Yeah. I see a lot of CHEAT MEAL threads and feel bad. I too have to eat all that crap to gain weight. That fat free crap just doesnt put on the weight. Ive found that lots of burgers and fries helps. Red meat and starches I guess. I still eat the good stuff but my main concern is calories and not all this sugar free, fat free, stuff.
    Yes....YES.... im going to get a double whopper right now.
    and im going to drink a litre of chocolate milk.
    tehe
    i tried eating like all lean chicken and brown rice and oats and i tried cutting the egg yolks and milk away but all gains stopped. i need the dairy especially for calories and some protien. One day it may all go to my ass but untill then im one with the fat.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Great. Just keep in mind what all those foods do to the INSIDE of your body, not just focusing on how you look on the outside.

Junk food is nothing that a clean diet w/red meat, efa's, clean calories cannot accomplish. You simply have to plan and have a well thought out approach with all the foods/kcals needed. To suggest you NEED junk to gain weight is a slippery slope statement. No one needs to eat Whoppers to gain weight. You'll gain weight alright, but it won't be quality weight.

Just as much caloric density in red meat, efa's, natural peanut butter, etc. Again, it's all about planning.

~SC~

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Who would WANT to eat 2 lbs of yogurt?

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    Who would WANT to eat 2 lbs of yogurt?
    Oh ugggh, gross, didn't even realize he put 2 lbs.........that does nothing for recovery anyhow. 2 lbs...........come on people, jeez.

~SC~

ANABOLIX2 is offline Junior Member
    2lbs of yogurt you have to be kidding me for the price you pay for that you can get your self some nice lean cuts of chicken and get the **** the hell of out there and milo do you know how much sugar that **** has in it, you could give the whole yankey baseball team a cup of tea with 2 sugars with the sugar it has in it, come on bro it wont take you much to knock up a good meal plan that will benefit the inside and the outside of your body.

We would all like to eat what we like and grow on it but think about those gains that you are making they are not healthy.

just my 2 cents worth.

to swolecat bad man and the other guy....
    i eat what works...
    what works for me is heaps of dairy, and yes i love yohgurt so its hardly a probem eating 1kg of it. bring it on. actually ive got a 1kg in front of me right now.
    (the whopper was a joke so lets not get so excited about it aye...)
    for me its cheaper to eat the way i do... lean meat is expensive so i just smash rice tuna some roast chickens and heaps of dairy and veges.
    it works. so im going to keep doing it. my body fat isnt going up so ill keep doing it. i respect your opinions and experience but this is mine. ive tried eating a diet recomended by you swole and others here at the diet forum. i dont know ANYONE who eats like that and i train and work with a lot of people. including cometition bodybuilders from australia (one former runner up mr australia) and he eats similar to me. even has one day where he just eats KFC and Burger king (and it would be easy for someone to jump in right now and say 'oh thats probably why he was runner up not #1', but that would be lame)
    its not like i constantly eat dairy... i just have heaps when im bulking. some people can drink protien powder with water. but like yohgurt being gross to you badman water and protien bowder and eggwhites without the yolk gross me out
    i dont mean to be argumentative but what works for you and makes you happy works for you... what works for me and makes me happy works for me.
    simple as that.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    While some of us on this board are very vocal about our opinions on diets, I don't think many of us claim to have the ONLY solution. If this works for you, that's great dude. More power to you.

BTW, I eat KFC and/or Burger King one day per week too.

2 lbs of yogurt would still make me puke.

Quote Originally Posted by k_dogg
    to swolecat bad man and the other guy....
    i eat what works...
    what works for me is heaps of dairy, and yes i love yohgurt so its hardly a probem eating 1kg of it. bring it on. actually ive got a 1kg in front of me right now.
    (the whopper was a joke so lets not get so excited about it aye...)
    for me its cheaper to eat the way i do... lean meat is expensive so i just smash rice tuna some roast chickens and heaps of dairy and veges.
    it works. so im going to keep doing it. my body fat isnt going up so ill keep doing it. i respect your opinions and experience but this is mine. ive tried eating a diet recomended by you swole and others here at the diet forum. i dont know ANYONE who eats like that and i train and work with a lot of people. including cometition bodybuilders from australia (one former runner up mr australia) and he eats similar to me. even has one day where he just eats KFC and Burger king (and it would be easy for someone to jump in right now and say 'oh thats probably why he was runner up not #1', but that would be lame)
    its not like i constantly eat dairy... i just have heaps when im bulking. some people can drink protien powder with water. but like yohgurt being gross to you badman water and protien bowder and eggwhites without the yolk gross me out
    i dont mean to be argumentative but what works for you and makes you happy works for you... what works for me and makes me happy works for me.
    simple as that.
    I honestly don't care if you eat junk or not.

~SC~

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 06-05-2004 at 08:52 PM.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANABOLIX2
    2lbs of yogurt you have to be kidding me for the price you pay for that you can get your self some nice lean cuts of chicken and get the **** the hell of out there and milo do you know how much sugar that **** has in it, you could give the whole yankey baseball team a cup of tea with 2 sugars with the sugar it has in it, come on bro it wont take you much to knock up a good meal plan that will benefit the inside and the outside of your body.

We would all like to eat what we like and grow on it but think about those gains that you are making they are not healthy.

just my 2 cents worth.
    I eat 2lbs of yogurt as my last meal before bedtime and it's put quality weight on me. BTW I pay $1.59 US for 2lb containers.

I'm hypo-glycemic btw, and I find that I can tolerate carbs of any kind much more so than fats.

crazle43764 is offline Associate Member
    2lbs of yogurt.........dang!!! And i thought i was bad about over eatin

Quote Originally Posted by crazle43764
    2lbs of yogurt.........dang!!! And i thought i was bad about over eatin
    That's about 980 calories right there. Hmmm let's look at the label:

40g Protein
    180g Carbohydrates
    10g Fat (0 if fat free)

Yup sounds terrible. But for those of us that have a hard time getting enough calories in, it makes a great PPWO meal. Liquid, easy to digest, and relatively low GI. If you're not overly carb sensitive...

BTW I cut out all dairy when I'm cutting.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    youghurt is delicious. especialy strawberry vanilla yumyum. My first crap eating bulker I used to eat one or 2 liters a day of that and 1liter=1kg=2,2 pounds. Sure tastes great but sure as hell made me fat as a pig to

But its SO easy to drink one liter of that, it doesnt at all feel like almost 1000 kcal.
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 06-06-2004 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    That's about 980 calories right there. Hmmm let's look at the label:

40g Protein
    180g Carbohydrates
    10g Fat (0 if fat free)

relatively low GI.
    Exactly, PWO is a time for HIGH GI compounds, not low ones.

~SC~

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    theres an atkins yogurt which has 12gr pro,1gr sugar and no fat.and it taste great

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    theres an atkins yogurt which has 12gr pro,1gr sugar and no fat.and it taste great

But the best thing is it's less filling.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    I'm hypo-glycemic btw, and I find that I can tolerate carbs of any kind much more so than fats.
    Wow, if you're hypoglycemic how can you eat all that sugar in yogurt. When i was hypoglycemic, I couldn't eat yogurt cause of all the sugar i would black out (but then again i had a severe case before my pancrease completely wore out). The only yogurt I can eat is carb control cause there is too much sugar in regular yogurt that i've found.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Wondered much the same myself, but left it alone, lol....

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by doby48
    Wow, if you're hypoglycemic how can you eat all that sugar in yogurt. When i was hypoglycemic, I couldn't eat yogurt cause of all the sugar i would black out (but then again i had a severe case before my pancrease completely wore out). The only yogurt I can eat is carb control cause there is too much sugar in regular yogurt that i've found.
    There are several types of hypo. Fasting induced, Reactive. The former being typified by a high insulin sensitivity along with very low BG levels 4-5 hours after the last meal. I have been diagnosed with the former, whereas you sound like you have the latter.

Types of hypoglycemia: http://www.fred.net/slowup/hcauses.txt

An article by John Berardi regarding diets for very insulin sensitvite people:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/berardi42.htm

Thread Information