Beernutz is offline Member

How many carb up meals??

today im doing my first clean carb up day. I started this morning with protein shake and 2 pack of plain oatmeal which had 40g of carbs. My question is do you guys have all your meals pro/carb on a carb up day? I was planning on having all pro/carb except my bedtime meal which would be pro/fat. I was also thinking of sneaking in a wendys burger somewhere in there as this is my cheat day, but i may leave it out because i wanna make this day a clean carb up day. What do you guys think? 1 more thing is it neccessary to ligft weights on a carb up day because today is my day off from trainin.
    Last edited by Beernutz; 06-05-2004 at 10:46 AM.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    The motto should be to have your cheat meal in one sitting. Once you leave the table your carb spike day is over. I would avoid eating the fast food although if you really crave the fast food you can eliminate all carb intake for the rest of the day and for dinner go to wendy's being liberal with how many burgers you eat.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    my carb up days look like this

meal 1,3 5 pro/carb
    meal 2, 4, 6, 7 pro/fat. . with the 7th meal being shake with flax

also, my carb up days are always on none-lifting days

hope that can help

do you count your carbs on this day? So far ive eaten my first 2 meals as pro/carb my next one will be salmon and veggies then ill have my last carb meal as meal 4. Thanks for the help dalcowbag.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    no, i dont really count when bulking of course but when cutting its prob around 200-250 carbs or so. . .all the carbs however are from the good stuff like oatmeal, potatoes, brown rice ect

-DCB-

ya its all clean carbs for me. So far its been 2 packs of plain oatmeal in meal 1 and 200g of yams in meal 2 thats about 100g of carbs so far in two meals.

Thread Information