Austex is offline Member

Gaining weight too fast...fat

Been searching about every day the past week for a thread that I could relate to, but have yet to find one so I'll post away...
    I spent about 4 months out of the gym due to an injury and lost quite a bit of muscle mass ( body weight went from 211 down to 195 ). I know the general rule of thumb when bulking lean is no more than 1-2 pounds per week or an excess of fat will accompany that weight. I've been back into my training routine for about 2 months, and recently started a bulking cycle of AAS ( Can follow my journal in the Members Cycle Results ). I am anticipating "muscle memory" to jump me back up to 203-205...this is just a personal guess, no scientific approach. I'm more or less wondering if anyone has any thoughts/personal experience with this type of situation and if my thinking on this is correct. I'm only going to weigh in once a month if that, as I'm aiming more towards how my body appears rather than what the scale reads. Not sure if I should expect to bump up in weight real fast or not. ?

Austex is offline Member
    This thread seems confusing now that I read it myself, hopefully someone will understand it...

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I understood what you said, but I'm not sure if there's a question in there.

Austex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    I understood what you said, but I'm not sure if there's a question in there.
    Maybe that's why it didn't seem to make any sense ...My question is should I expect to see an initial increase in body weight more than the recommended 1-2 lbs. /wk ? And if so, considering I maintain a healthy diet, should I be worried about a higher percentage of this weight to be fat? I guess I don't really understand "muscle memory". Does it only relate to strength, only relate to muscle mass, or both?

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    if you are eating healthy and clean then you should not worry about gaining excessive fat. as for the amount you eat you should be hitting 500 more than maintenance to gain quality mass. as to your question on muscle memory, in my experience it related to strength and size. i got back t my past peak strength in two months of working out. case to case basis tho.

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Yes ive had a similar experince. I have a herniated disk and it got so bad around december i had to stop working out and go to physical therapy a bunch of times a week. Even though I ate a good amount, I still managed to lose weight. I went from 195 down to around 182 in only 3 weeks. I was totally shocked. Once i started lifting again in january and my back was feeling better, I gained the weight back pretty quickly. Id say by 6 weeks later i was right back at it. Eat healthy though, and lots of protein and you should be fine.

Austex is offline Member
    Right on, thanks guys

Thread Information