TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member

Proposed Cutting Diet

Ok I am about to begin my summer cutting phase so I have drafted a diet for critique. I will not be beginning immediately because I want to ensure that my test has been restored to my original levels after wrapping up PCT a month ago. Here she is. Critique Away!
    Oh yeah I work daily from 2pm-11pm so that is the reasoning for the early resistance workout.

Perform moderate walking daily for 45 minutes first thing in the morning. Two gallons a day of water! One day during the week I will cheat. My ECA/Clen stack, will be pre cardio, before meal 3, and again before the 5th meal.

Training Days

Cardio (10 am)
    Meal 1 (11 am) Pre-workout – 55g Protein with and 1 apple, or a protein drink that has some carbs (like 25 grams of carbs). Take the ECA a half hour prior to the workout!

Post-workout (1 pm) - 55 grams of protein (Isolate) and 85 grams of carbs (dextrose).

PPWO (3 pm) Will contain the same amounts as above, but in the form of solid food. Chicken and rice, turkey and potato, Tuna and pasta, etc.

Meal 4 (6 pm) 55 grams of protein using protein powder and Egg Beater whites. A tablespoon of flax oil or 1oz Almonds (about 14 grams fat).

Meal 5 (9 pm) Roughly 55 grams of protein and 14 grams of fat. This will be a solid food meal.

Meal 6 (12 am) 55 grams of protein from beef, chicken, turkey, fish, tuna, cottage cheese, etc.

Breakdown: 330g Pro, 220g Carb, 50g Fat (2650Kcal)

Non Resistance Training Days
    Cardio 10am
    11am Meal 1 – Protein and Fat (55g Protein/14g Fat)
    2pm Meal 2 - same as above.
    5pm Meal 3 - same as above.
    7 pm Meal 4 - same as above.
    11pm Meal 5 - lean protein (55grams), a starchy carb (20-30 grams), and a fibrous carb.
    1:30am Meal 6 – 55 grams of protein using protein powder made with water and flax oil here.

Breakdown: 330g Pro, 45g Carb, 70g Fat 2130 Kcal

Supplements : Glutamine 15g, Tribulus 3750mg, Creatine 5g, Clen (will establish dose), ECA, Taurine, possible incorporation of Prop if I feel I am losing ground considerably.
    Last edited by TheChosenOne; 06-06-2004 at 07:14 PM.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    IN CAPS BRO. . .

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    Ok I am about to begin my summer cutting phase so I have drafted a diet for critique. I will not be beginning immediately because I want to ensure that my test has been restored to my original levels after wrapping up PCT a month ago. Here she is. Critique Away!
    Oh yeah I work daily from 2pm-11pm so that is the reasoning for the early resistance workout.

Perform moderate walking daily for 45 minutes first thing in the morning. Two gallons a day of water! One day during the week I will cheat. My ECA/Clen stack, will be pre cardio, before meal 3, and again before the 5th meal.

Training Days

Cardio (10 am)
    Meal 1 (11 am) Pre-workout – 55g Protein with and 1 apple, or a protein drink that has some carbs (like 25 grams of carbs). Take the ECA a half hour prior to the workout!
    FIRST, TRY TO GET IN 3 MEALS BEFORE YOU LIFT, BUT IF YOU CANT STILL MAKE THIS PRO/FAT TO CONTINUE FAT BURNING AFTER CARDIO

Post-workout (1 pm) - 55 grams of protein (Isolate) and 85 grams of carbs (dextrose).
    GOOD

PPWO (3 pm) Will contain the same amounts as above, but in the form of solid food. Chicken and rice, turkey and potato, Tuna and pasta, etc.
    GOOD EXCEPT I WOULD USE PASTA AS A CARB SOURCE

Meal 4 (6 pm) 55 grams of protein using protein powder and Egg Beater whites. A tablespoon of flax oil or 1oz Almonds (about 14 grams fat).
    IF YOU MAKE THE CHNAGES TO MEAL ONE THEN YOU WONT NEED 2 FAT SOURCES HERE. . U CAN USE ONE FOR THE FIRST MEAL

Meal 5 (9 pm) Roughly 55 grams of protein and 14 grams of fat. This will be a solid food meal.
    OK

Meal 6 (12 am) 55 grams of protein from beef, chicken, turkey, fish, tuna, cottage cheese, etc.
    IF YOU USE THE CHICKEN, TURKEY FISH OR TUNA, MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE A FAT WITH THEM. . BUT IF YOU ARE JUST GONNA USE COTTAGE OR BEEF, THEN DONT ADD A FAT

Breakdown: 330g Pro, 220g Carb, 50g Fat (2650Kcal)

Non Resistance Training Days
    Cardio 10am
    11am Meal 1 – Protein and Fat (55g Protein/14g Fat)
    2pm Meal 2 - same as above.
    5pm Meal 3 - same as above.
    7 pm Meal 4 - same as above.
    11pm Meal 5 - lean protein (55grams), a starchy carb (20-30 grams), and a fibrous carb.
    MAKE THIS YOUR 5PM MEAL OR 2PM MEAL
    1:30am Meal 6 – 55 grams of protein using protein powder made with water and flax oil here.
    GOOD

Breakdown: 330g Pro, 45g Carb, 70g Fat 2130 Kcal

Supplements : Glutamine 15g, Tribulus 3750mg, Creatine 5g, Clen (will establish dose), ECA, Taurine, possible incorporation of Prop if I feel I am losing ground considerably.
    HOPE THAT HELPED YA BRO

-DCB-

I have no way of altering the times of cardio or resistance training this is why the plan is laid out the way it is. I work a suit and tie job and can no way use my dinner break to workout for I am up against deadlines.
    The likelihood of me eatting pasta to begin with is very very slim but it is an option. The way I see it, it cant be any different than having a potato or rice. The GI is very similar, although it again is not likely that I will even eat pasta.
    I have chosen to go with the apple simply for liver glycogen restoration before my workout after the bout of cardio and 8hrs of sleep. I may remove this if I dont see results, although oppurtunly I would rather lose this fat at a slow rate.
    I have alloted 55g Pro and 14g Fat for each P/F meal.
    On my off day I chose meal 5 for Pro/Carb because this would optimize fat lass during the day with the absence of carbs until late day. Keep in mind I wont go to sleep until 2am so this will allow 5 hrs for my body to use these carbs which should happening very quickly I would imagine.

My stats by the way. 5'11" 202lbs +/- 13% bf
    Bump for more feedback.

Critique you bastards!!!

There has to be more input or am I just that d*mn good?

Beernutz is offline Member
    i would say to drop the carbs a little and up the fats because your carbs are a little high and your fats are a little to low. Id try something like 190g of carbs and 80g of fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    i would say to drop the carbs a little and up the fats because your carbs are a little high and your fats are a little to low. Id try something like 190g of carbs and 80g of fat.
    I agree that my carb intake may be a little higher than ideal, however 170g C comes from my two PWO meals (these are set in stone) and another 25 comes via the pre workout apple. That alone puts me at 195g C. Then I factored into my breakdown stray carbs from protein shakes (4g/scoop) and random carbs like those found in peanut butter, almonds, mayonaise, ranch, etc. With that said my breakdown may be somewhat of an illusion. I think it would be very difficult to hit 195g Carbs exactly. It would require me to spend excess money on isolate protein, and also make my diet blah and boring. My fats would be 14g higher if I did not have to structure my workouts the way I do, but that is something I can not alter. Plus I will pick up stray fats as well, chicken, protein powder, turkey, lean beef, etc.
    I definetly appreciate the feedback from both of you thus far. Please don't think I am dismissing your suggestions I am just trying to provide my reasoning or thought process behind my breakdown.

More critiques are certainly welcome.

when i was cutting i had 150g of carbs on training days which all came from pwo and ppwo. 1/2 cup of dextrose 80g and 1/2 cup of rice 70g. Why must 170g be set in stone. 20 g less of carbs can really make a difference. Anyhow tryout your way and if it doesnt give you good results after 2 weeks give my suggestion a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    when i was cutting i had 150g of carbs on training days which all came from pwo and ppwo. 1/2 cup of dextrose 80g and 1/2 cup of rice 70g. Why must 170g be set in stone. 20 g less of carbs can really make a difference. Anyhow tryout your way and if it doesnt give you good results after 2 weeks give my suggestion a try.
    I guess 50g P/85g C in PWO isn't necessarily set in stone, however, my original SGX diet contained this same breakdown and so I opted to go with this again. I just figured I would stick with Swole's original plan and see how it works out this time around. Granted I have not counseled with SC for any of these numbers; for I am far too broke to remotely consider that as an option currently. I also was thinking since I am running Clen this time around the 20g C should have little impact. I will definetly keep the suggestion in mind. Thanks bro.

no prob glad i could help.

So I did some thinking and questioning and I am curious as to whether I should do my cardio after my resistance workout or right upon waking up. Yes the theory is that cardio on an empty stomach is supreme, but I am curious as to whether I should be butting up my cardio and resistance training so close together. I could technically kill two proverbial birds with one stone by hitting the gym just once if I did cardio after my workout. Feel free to express your opinions for or against.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    You need the recovery after weights. Stick with cardio in the am.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Granted ur glycogen levels are depleted from lifting, but by doing cardio right after lifting, ur not consuming your pwo shake until 45min after you stopped lifting. If at all possible, I would seperate the two.

You both present the logical explanations I anticipated receiving and for that I will certainly seperate my cardio and training. Thanks guys.

Oh any more comments on the diet or does she look alright?
    TC1

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne

Oh any more comments on the diet or does she look alright?
    TC1
    his diet personified as a chick

Thread Information