Thread: dairy products

xenithon is offline Member

dairy products

hi there all,

i am currently 180lbs trying to build up good lean muscle with as little fat as possible. i have heard that i must stay away from dairy products because they make the skin elastic or something stupid like that. if anyone has opinions on sairy and if its good in a 'lean building' diet, please let me know.

thanks!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Dairy products, in moderation, won't hurt you. Stick with fat free milk, low fat (fat free yogurt) and low fat (fat free) cottage cheese. These are all good protein sources. Remember, if you want to get as lean as possible, the key is moderation.
    Pete

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Hell I drink the High Protein milk, but I only drink like a shake a day with that usually in the morning. They sell products here called "Carb Control" (get it at Wal Mart, on the health and drug isle), they are great. I eat a bar which has 22 grams of protein and like 2 grams of carbs and like 2 grams of fat. They also make the shakes in the can, which carry the exact same thing, high protein low carbs. Man I wouldn't be able to live withouth those things. That kinda solved my dairy products and shakes. They are premade, they cost like 5 for 4. Really good and I highly recommend them.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Go with semi skimmed or skimmed products this will ensure that you get the same amount of protein and will have greatly reduced fat.

Billy

MarkyMark is offline Member
    depending on your goals and time line.... As stated above there are some alternatives to healthy eating with dairy... But if you are trying to strip off body fat and retain muscle mass quickly.... Most people don't do well with milk products at all. Mostly all precontest dieting immediatly takes all milk product away... Try it both ways ...your body is really the determining factor... some of us ( not me ) can eat Mcdonalds all day long and not gain an ounce.... so matabolism and other key factors are at play....good luck..

Thread Information