LM1332 Guest

Any vegetarians bulking?

Alright guys had to adjust my diet recently don't wanna eat meat anymore i cant stand it. But anywho i wanna know if there are any vegeterians around here who can help me out with constructing a bulking cycle from vegetables and such

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Bulking while being a vegetraian is like riding a bike with only one leg.. if you get my point

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    i dont see how you can get to 3000+ calories on a stict veggie diet. i would have to eat a bulldozer worth of veggies for it to be considered bulking. how do you vegetarians do it im curious?

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    Alright guys had to adjust my diet recently don't wanna eat meat anymore i cant stand it. But anywho i wanna know if there are any vegeterians around here who can help me out with constructing a bulking cycle from vegetables and such

Looks like you are going to have to drink a lot of milk and protien shakes.
    Are you going vegan or vegetarian?

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    If I remember correctly, there was a pro bodybuilder from Canada about 10 years ago that was a vegetarian. He had a French name. Anyone know who I mean? Maybe there's some info around about his diet.

LM1332 Guest
    I drink milk and such and meat on sunday haha thats it. Other wise its all vegies and such. The dude from whats his face Spiderman? Ate 3000 calories and he is a vegeterian soo wha sup?

fritz2435 is offline Member
    You don't want to eat meat anymore because "you cant stand it?" As in you can't stand it for ethical/religious reasons, health reasons, or just you dont like the taste?

LM1332 Guest
    lets just say cant eat it very often anymore. Thats why its only once a week on sunday

ColdSore is offline Banned
    i would suggest in some weight gainer, and tons of milk, cheese, protein bars and such...cause geting 1000 cals a day from veggies would be a pain in the ass IMO

LM1332 Guest
    ****idy ****. I dont like this whole none meat eathing crap. Ill stick to pizza with lots of cheese haha. Man wtf couldnt vegies be more full on calories and such

flexin-rph is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    If I remember correctly, there was a pro bodybuilder from Canada about 10 years ago that was a vegetarian. He had a French name. Anyone know who I mean? Maybe there's some info around about his diet.
    wasn't Andreas Cahling a vegeterian?

alabama is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    Looks like you are going to have to drink a lot of milk and protien shakes.
    Are you going vegan or vegetarian?
    i dont eat anything that cast a shadow lol j/k i gotta have some steak and chicken

LM1332 Guest
    i still eat meat only once a week though

MEERCAT44 is offline New Member
    I am a vegetarian 240 lbs, I do eat fish however. double up on protein shakes add a banana for more calories. add avocado and olives to your salad great source of fat. whole grain pancakes really put on the pounds for me-if you like add an egg-pure maple syrup with pecans and almonds. eat three large meals instead of 6 to slow the metab a bit. I have several other recipes as well -email me and remid me and i'll paste them to you-

cb

fritz2435 is offline Member
    I'd say it's going to be much harder to get adequate protein if you do not eat meat. However, some great sources of protein are nuts, eggs, soybeans, lentils, and you're gonna have to buy whey by the bulk.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    In addition, the issue w/nuts/soybeans/lentils/etc. is that those are all incomplete sources of aminos, and they contain carbs. When it comes time to cut down on carbs, limited choices are left.

~SC~

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    The dude from whats his face Spiderman? Ate 3000 calories and he is a vegeterian soo wha sup?
    Yes this is true he did eat 3K calories per day while being a vegetarian. He claims to have eaten tofu and nuts for nearly all meals. Please keep in mind that he only "bulked" up to a whopping 154lbs. I dont know about you but that is far from my ideal bulking weight. I can make a 154lbs man look good with avid, final cut, photoshop, after effects, etc. The lesson of the day is don't use hollywood actors as examples.

LM1332 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    Yes this is true he did eat 3K calories per day while being a vegetarian. He claims to have eaten tofu and nuts for nearly all meals. Please keep in mind that he only "bulked" up to a whopping 154lbs. I dont know about you but that is far from my ideal bulking weight. I can make a 154lbs man look good with avid, final cut, photoshop, after effects, etc. The lesson of the day is don't use hollywood actors as examples.
    I dont my one and only idol is Arnie love the game. But anywho i just got a pm from a guy great source of info but thx guys for your help

Tushe is offline Associate Member
    The greatest bodybuilder in the world is vegitarian... http://billpearl.com/

T.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    the greatest bb in the world.. i seriously doubt that..

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Dairy, eggs, and (if allowed) tuna will provide you with all the protien you need.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    I love the vegan threads lol.

<<LMO>>

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    Being a vegetarian doesnt mean only eating salads, there are thousands of options for you protein and carbs and fats while been a vegetarian, there are substitutes for meat, taste like meat, feel like meat, but are made of vegetables, have more protein than actual meat. Good luck.

More protein than actual meat? Yeah, okay...........

For sh*ts/giggles, meat is 100% protein, you can't have "MORE" protein than 100%.

That's basic math.

~SC~

100% protein, I guess thats why most of the usa population is over weight, I heard meat has alot of fat in it, guess it was a lie, lol.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Meal replacement powders are the way to go for you I hink as some of them contaim about 1500cal

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Meal replacement powders are the way to go for you I hink as some of them contaim about 1500cal

Quote Originally Posted by Dimes
    100% protein, I guess thats why most of the usa population is over weight, I heard meat has alot of fat in it, guess it was a lie, lol.
    Wow, not the sharpest knife in the drawer are we?

Chicken breast, turkey, white fish, tuna, london broil, top round, lean pork tenderloin.

All VERY low fat, and most have no fat at all.

Pick up a book sometime and read bruh!

As well, the "USA" population being fat is from fast food and excessive carbohydrate consumption.

~SC~

Well im not talking about bodybuilders and their strict diets, im talking about the majority of the population.

Veganism and the Issue of Protein

Can the vegan (strict vegetarian) diet provide enough protein for sound human health? The medical community agrees about the distinct health advantages of a vegan diet, but the protein question stays with us because animal products have been promoted by the industries that produce them, sell them, and want people to think of them as the best source of protein. This assumption is wrong and can be harmful, as a quick study of the facts about vegetable protein and nutrition shows.

The Importance of Protein
    Protein is essential to human health. Our bodies—hair, muscles, fingernails, and so on—are made up mostly of protein. As suggested by the differences between our muscles and our fingernails, not all proteins are alike. This is because differing combinations of any number of 20 amino acids may constitute a protein. In much the same way that the 26 letters of our alphabet serve to form millions of different words, the 20 amino acids serve to form different proteins.

Amino acids are a fundamental part of our diet. While half of the 20 can be manufactured by the human body, the other 10 cannot.1 These “essential amino acids” can easily be provided by a balanced vegan diet.

How Much Protein?
    As babies, our mothers’ milk provided the protein we needed to grow healthy and strong. Cow’s milk has about three times the amount of protein found in human breast milk. Once we start eating solid foods, non-animal sources can easily provide us with all the protein we need. Only 10 percent of the total calories consumed by the average human being need be in the form of protein.2 The Recommended Dietary Allowance for both men and women is 0.8 grams of protein for every kilogram (2.2 pounds) of body weight.3 People with special needs (such as pregnant women) are advised to get a little more. Vegans should not worry about getting enough protein; if you eat a reasonably varied diet and ingest sufficient calories, you will undoubtedly get enough protein. Protein deficiency, or “kwashiorkor,” is very rare in the U.S. and is usually diagnosed in people living in countries suffering from famine.4

By contrast, eating too much animal protein has been directly linked to the formation of kidney stones and has been associated with cancer of the colon and liver.5,6 By replacing animal protein with vegetable protein, you can improve your health while enjoying a wide variety of delicious foods.

Protein Sources
    While just about every vegetarian food contains some protein, the soybean deserves special mention, for it contains all the essential amino acids and surpasses all other food plants in the amount of protein that it can deliver to the human system. In this regard, it is nearly equal to meat. The human body is able to digest 92 percent of the protein found in meat and 91 percent of that found in soybeans.7 The many different and delicious soy products (such as tempeh, soy “hot dogs” and “burgers,” Tofutti brand “ice cream,” soy milk, and tofu) available in health and grocery stores suggest that the soybean, in its many forms, can accommodate a wide range of tastes.

Other rich sources of non-animal protein include legumes, nuts, seeds, yeast, and freshwater algae. Although food yeasts (“nutritional yeast” and “brewer’s yeast”) do not lend themselves to forming the center of one’s diet, they are extremely nutritious additions to most menus (in soups, gravies, breads, casseroles, and dips). Most yeasts get about 50 percent of their calories from protein.8

Percentage of Calories From Protein
    (Value per 100 Grams Edible Portion, From USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, 2003)9

LEGUMES
    Garbanzo beans
    Kidney beans
    Lentils
    Lima beans
    Navy beans
    Soybeans
    Split peas 21%
    58%
    34%
    24%
    37%
    35%
    29%

GRAINS
    Barley
    Brown rice Buckwheat
    Millet
    Oatmeal
    Rye
    Wheat germ
    Wheat, hard red
    Wild rice

14%
    8%
    15%
    12%
    17%
    18%
    26%
    15%
    16%
    VEGETABLES
    Artichokes
    Beets
    Broccoli
    Brussels sprouts Cabbage
    Cauliflower Cucumbers
    Eggplant
    Green peas
    Green pepper
    Kale
    Lettuce
    Mushrooms Mustard greens
    Onions
    Potatoes
    Spinach
    Tomatoes
    Turnip greens
    Watercress
    Yams
    Zucchini
    28%
    15%
    33%
    31%
    24%
    32%
    17%
    17%
    27%
    17%
    26%
    36%
    56%
    41%
    9%
    18%
    50%
    19%
    20%
    84%
    5%
    30%

FRUITS
    Apple
    Banana
    Cantaloupe
    Grape
    Grapefruit
    Honeydew melon
    Orange
    Papaya
    Peach
    Pear
    Pineapple
    Strawberry
    Tangerine
    Watermelon
    2%
    5%
    10%
    4%
    8%
    6%
    8%
    6%
    9%
    3%
    4%
    8%
    6%
    8%
    NUTS AND SEEDS
    Almonds
    Cashews
    Filberts
    Peanuts
    Pumpkin seeds
    Sesame seeds
    Sunflower seeds
    Walnuts, black
    15%
    13%
    9%
    18%
    18%
    12%
    16%
    15%

As the above chart demonstrates, protein deficiency need not be a concern for vegans. If we ate nothing but wheat, oatmeal, or potatoes, we would easily take in more than enough protein.

Of course, an actual vegan would never want to be limited to just one food. The vegan diet can (and should) be full of a wide variety of delicious foods. Call 1-888-VEG-FOOD for some recipes and cooking tips to get you and your family started.

References
    1 University of Arizona, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, “Amino Acids Problem Set,” The Biology Project, 25 Aug. 2003.
    2 Paula Kurtzweil, “‘Daily Values’ Encourage Healthy Diet,” U.S. Food and Drug Administration, 2003.
    3 Food and Nutrition Board, “Dietary Reference Intakes for Energy, Carbohydrates, Fiber, Fat, Protein and Amino Acids (Macronutrients),” National Academy of Sciences (2002): 10-1.
    4 U.S. National Library and the National Institutes of Health, “Kwashiorkor,” MEDLINEplus Medical Encyclopedia, 11 Jul. 2002.
    5 Gary C. Curhan et al., “A Prospective Study of Dietary Calcium and Other Nutrients and the Risk of Symptomatic Kidney Stones,” The New England Journal of Medicine 328 (1993): 833-8.
    6 Kathleen M. Stadler, “The Diet and Cancer Connection,” Virginia Tech, Nov. 1997.
    7 Gertjan Schaafsma, “The Protein Digestiblity-Corrected Amino Acid Score,” Journal of Nutrition 130 (2000):1865S-1867S.
    8 USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, “Leavening Agents, Yeast, Baker’s, Active Dry,” 16 Jul. 2003.
    9 Agricultural Research Service, “Nutrient Data Laboratory,” United States Department of Agricultu

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...ght=VEGETARIAN more links there on vegetarian diet tc.

Thread Information