eggplant is offline Member

guys..need all your help..

guys..i guess i'll start a new thread on this..i'm 3 weeks out from showtime, and i've been losing size significantly..with my current condition on my avatar, what should i do now? i was thinking of ditching the cardio..i don't want to risk losing any more LBM..i feel really skinny right now..i'm at 145 pounds already...i suppose its just the water that i'll have to lose right? swole...what's your take? guys like rockyx,beernutz and other experience bros pls help me out here..and can you guys give me a guess on my bf? help is much appreciated..

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    well i have no interest in bodybuilding so i dont want to give you "wrong advices's" but on the BF question. . i would guess between 5-6% u look very lean bro

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Lay off the cardio already. If your diet is spot on bro, additional cardio now is only going to rob you of lean mass.

Relax........

~SC~

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    For sure ditch the cardio if you are losing that much size. You are very lean bro. At that bf% it will probably be pretty difficult to lose much more fat in 3 weeks (naturally). I would say maintain to the best of your abilities and ditch the water before the show.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    One other question, in that avatar pic, you are not carb loaded right? If anything, you are on the lower side of "maintenance"? Just wondering because whatever carb stage you are in will be an indicator of how you'll look come show time.

~SC~

Beernutz is offline Member
    you look crazy lean right now bro. Stop the cardio if your diet is in check which im sure it is. Just worry about maintianing your bf where it is right now. Id say your bf is around 6% if not i say a little less. Just be careful because when your that lean it is very difficult to maintain.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Try taking in a little more pro-fats to maintain muscle. Also, similar to SC, I would add additional carbs to take away the flat look.
    Last edited by jbigdog69; 06-09-2004 at 01:51 PM.

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    How many weeks have you been dieting thus far and are you planning on carbing up a couple days b4 the show?

guys! dats some really geat advices..

(for swolecat)
    One other question, in that avatar pic, you are not carb loaded right? If anything, you are on the lower side of "maintenance"? Just wondering because whatever carb stage you are in will be an indicator of how you'll look come show time.

Ans= i did a little carb load yesterday(did not do cardio,was cardio day). my kcal has been 2600..my maintenance would be around 3k..as i was 76kg before..i carb loaded with 300g carbs,220g pro,58g fats..weight are 4 days and cardio 3 days..on weight training days macros are 130g carbs,295g pro and 100g fats..non training days are 295g pro,158g fats,0 carbs..i found that 300g of carbs yesterday did not really fill me up much...swole, i'm ditching the cardio ..so my diet will stay the same? as in all pro/fat meals on my rest days?

(for rockyx)
    How many weeks have you been dieting thus far and are you planning on carbing up a couple days b4 the show?

ans= i've started dieting since february..i went on a gradual diet..slowly changing and altering my macros..yes i'm planning on carbing up for 3 days before a show..but i'm not cure if at my current condition, should i carb deplete or not..

guys...thanx for ur time..respects..egg

bumpty bump?

IMO...you are way to flat...I would adjust carbs now to 130grms per day and maintain your cardio. Drop carbs 3 days before and then carb load that morning when you wake up. This will bring back some fullness that you are desparately needing.

Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    IMO...you are way to flat...I would adjust carbs now to 130grms per day and maintain your cardio. Drop carbs 3 days before and then carb load that morning when you wake up. This will bring back some fullness that you are desparately needing.

yea..i've really flatten out..my carbs are already at 130gm..the reason i chose to ditch the cardio is to prevent me from losing any more size..if i continue it..i'm jus be a skinny guy

Not true!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    yea..i've really flatten out..my carbs are already at 130gm..the reason i chose to ditch the cardio is to prevent me from losing any more size..if i continue it..i'm jus be a skinny guy
    If you take the carbs in every day up until 3 days out you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    If you take the carbs in every day up until 3 days out you will be fine.
    hmm..but i'm thinking..since i've ditched the cardio, my activity levels will definitely be a lot lesser..so considering if i have carbs daily..even on non workout days..wouldn't i put on excess water/fat?

Fat no. Water yes.

Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    hmm..but i'm thinking..since i've ditched the cardio, my activity levels will definitely be a lot lesser..so considering if i have carbs daily..even on non workout days..wouldn't i put on excess water/fat?
    You are way to dehydrated right now. This is why I'm suggesting the carbs and keeping the cardio. Cardio should be done on an empty stomach in the morning. This will keep the fat off. The carbs will bring back a more full look. There is now way in hell you are gonna put on much fat in three weeks Bro. Also, three days will be plenty to unload any excess water. And then on comp day load those carbs the morning of and you will look good. Also, loose the weights the last week and just concentrate on posing and squeezing those muscles every day for at least 20 minutes every day.

hey there..actually i've been downing the water like mad daily..1-1.5 gallons ED..hey bro..thanx lots for ur advices...i'll go by feel and see where in my diet i can include some clean carb sources..really appreciated all ur help..! cheers!

Thread Information