go4gold is offline Member

how many time a day do you eat while cutting?

I am planing on still a high protein diet, about 1.5g per pound( most of it through suppliments) and low fat intake. want to eat just 4 times a day, not much, but just wondering how many times you guys might eat a day when trying to lose fat. Also can you tell me good ratios to go off of like i have 1.5 grams of protein per lb of body weight, what would be good for carbs and fat intake when it come to cuting. thanks.

Beernutz is offline Member
    first off i would eat more then 4 times a day. The reason is you want your metabolism to be stimulated throughout the day. So i would say eat atleast 6 times if not eat 7 times. I have 7 meals per day while cutting or bulking. There is no way to answer your question about carbs and fats. Everyones body is different. Id say your best bet is to start with no less then 170g of carbs and 100g of fat. Then asses your results after 2 weeks and see where your at. If your no happy then lower the carbs a little and so on. Good luck.

bubbathegut is offline Member
    i would say to eat at least 6 - 7 times per day if you are going to be cutting, 2 grams of protein per lb of body weight. i cant remember the carb and fat intake though..

Beernutz is offline Member
    i wouldnt eat only 4 times a day. Reason being you want your metabolism to be stimulated throughout the day if your cutting. I eat 7 meals per day wether i bulk or cut. There is no definite answer for your question on carbs and fats because everyones body is different. YOur best bet is to start at no less then 170g of carbs on training days and about 100g of fat. Asses your results after two weeks and if your not satisfied then lower the carbs a bit and so on. Good-luck.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    also i would get the most of my protein from real food sources not from supplements,

tonight is offline Junior Member
    Totally agree with Beernutz: 4x a day ain't enough. I don't keep count but eat constantly whether cutting or not, the only exception being that I don't eat first thing when I wake up since I want to maximize the fat burning potential of cardio. But after that my meals aren't far apart. I probably eat once each hour or 1.5 hour. Not huge american starve & stuff type meals more european proportion meals.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    My goal is to eat every 2 hours, so somewhere in that area I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by tonight
    Not huge american starve & stuff type meals more european proportion meals.
    I like that... American Starve & Stuff meals
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

eggplant is offline Member
    8-9 meals per day..every 2 hrs apart...

ttuPrincess Guest
    You should be eating more.. you need more protien when your cutting

taken from a post by Decadbal~~~
    to much protein, when bulkin will cause your body to convert it and store it as fat, when dietin though u can go up to 2.5 or even 3gm per lb, so you dont lose the muscle as mass mentioned.. depending on what program your usuing, dieting equals more, and bulkin means about 1.5

and from Masswithclass~~~~
    Nope, just trying to maintain my lean mass while losing bodyfat. Not enough protein the body will eat itself for amino's.

2 very knowledgable bros!!!

and please dont starve yourself like that..I eat every 3 hours atleast.. your body needs nurishment or else it will store your protien as fat and hold on to the other fat you have saved already..

Princess

ok the 6 or more meals it is, thanks guys. but this is all for cutting.

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by go4gold
    ok the 6 or more meals it is, thanks guys. but this is all for cutting.
    atleast 6 medium ssezed meals.. dont stuff yourself.. and protien shakes do count as meals.. but they should not be your main source for nutrition..

the whey protein is just to help push up my protein intake, plan on eating healthy food and quite a bit of it.

Thread Information