cleggett is offline New Member

Critique my Diet PLEASE...

Hey Guys,
    I am new here, but frequent other boards. I was hoping ya'll could possibly help me with my diet.
    I have been dieting like this for 4 weeks, and have had "some" result, but not like I want. I am trying to cut up...
    Examples of my daily meals..

Mon.
    8am - 1 whey protein drink 22gw 750mg Glut., and cup of cantaloupe
    10am- 1 4 oz. piece of lemon pepper grilled fish and about 5 carrot sticks
    11:30am- Workout - Chest (On chest days, is strictly chest period, I need to focus on it without losing strength on other exercises because its lacking)
    12:15pm- Cardio - Stationary bike for 30 min. HR-65-75
    12:45pm- Nitro Core READY to drink Protein 45g w/ 750mg Glut.
    Right after that I eat a turkey sandwich w/ lettuce mustard, pickles, wheat bread and 1% cheese
    2:30pm 1-4oz chicken breast lemon pepper grilled
    I may snack on some ANPB before dinner (2tbs)
    7:00pm I will eat like a 8 oz chicken breast or Fish, sometimes a lean cut of beef, (they weigh around 8oz though regardless)

Vitamins- 1 Multi in the morning, and 1000mg of Vitamin C

Help me tweak it if you can. I would appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    CL

Sorry Forgot my Stats

I am 23m
    5'8
    183lbs.
    15-17%bf (would like it close to 10 as I can get it)
    Thanks,
    CL

fritz2435 is offline Member
    changes you can make in caps

Quote Originally Posted by cleggett
    Hey Guys,
    I am new here, but frequent other boards. I was hoping ya'll could possibly help me with my diet.
    I have been dieting like this for 4 weeks, and have had "some" result, but not like I want. I am trying to cut up...
    Examples of my daily meals..

Mon.

CUT THE CANTELOPE, USE 1/2 CUP OATMEAL IF YOU WANT CARBS. TAKE THE GLUT RIGHT WHEN YOU WAKE UP, NOT WITH THE MEAL. YOU SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST 30+ G PROTEIN IMO, SO USE 2 SCOOPS WHEY. BREAKFAST IS THE 2ND MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY! CANT BE TOO SMALL.

10am- 1 4 oz. piece of lemon pepper grilled fish and about 5 carrot sticks

MAKE THIS PRO/FAT, LIKE GRILLED FISH AND 1 OZ ALMONDS OR OTHER NUT OR 1 TBSP FLAX OR OLIVE OIL

11:30am- Workout - Chest (On chest days, is strictly chest period, I need to focus on it without losing strength on other exercises because its lacking)

TAKE GLUT HERE INSTEAD OF AFTER CARDIO

12:15pm- Cardio - Stationary bike for 30 min. HR-65-75

YOU NEED CARBS. 2:1 RATIO TO PROTEIN. DOES THE NITROCORE HAVE CARBS? IF NOT, USE DEXTROSE. PWO IS MOST IMPORTANT MEAL

Right after that I eat a turkey sandwich w/ lettuce mustard, pickles, wheat bread and 1% cheese

PROCESSED DELI MEAT= NOT GOOD, BUT IT WILL HAVE TO DO IF YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS. SAME WITH WHEAT BREAD. BROWN RICE IS BETTER. CHEESE IS NO GOOD EITHER.

2:30pm 1-4oz chicken breast lemon pepper grilled
    I may snack on some ANPB before dinner (2tbs)

LOOKING GOOD

7:00pm I will eat like a 8 oz chicken breast or Fish, sometimes a lean cut of beef, (they weigh around 8oz though regardless)

IF YOU EAT CHICKEN BREAST OR FISH, YOU NEED FATS WITH IT. FLAX OIL, ALMONDS, NATTY PB ARE GOOD CHOICES.

Vitamins- 1 Multi in the morning, and 1000mg of Vitamin C

Help me tweak it if you can. I would appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    CL

I appreciate the help on that. PWO?? Post workout?
    Can I take flax oil caps or do I need to buy the liquid??? Also, what supps do you recommend. When you say dextrose, how much is needed, and can that be bought at a local health store (GNC or something)?
    Thanks,
    CL

PWO= post workout.

You can take either caps or liquid, but it takes like 10 caps to equal 1 tbsp of flax oil, so the liquid is much easier to take.

Supps, for cutting, ECA, or some other thermo. Remember, it is only a tool. I don't use any supps while cutting except for flax, whey, multi, and L-glut.

GNC doesnt sell dextrose. GNC is a rip, don't buy from there. Buy your stuff online. www.allsportsnutrition.com, www.dpsnutrition.com, theres a lot of good online stores.

Dextrose should be taken at a 2:1 ratio to protein. If you take 405 pro, you need 90g dext. for example.

You can buy it at most whole food stores, or go to a brewery and ask for corn sugar. Dextrose=corn sugar=glucose.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Also bro. .for best cutting results you want to do your cardio everyday first thing in the AM for 45mins keeping your HR between 65-75% and follow that 45 mins later with a pro/fat meal instead of the pro/carb one you have now

-DCB-

Good point dalcowbag, i forgot that. It's not good to do cardio after lifting, b/c it delays your PWO shake. Also, when you do cardio on an empty stomach, there is nothing in the stomach to burn off, so you burn directly from your fat stores.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Why do you do a pro/fat meal after am cardio instead of a pro/carb meal? just curious.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    To keep lipolysis going.

~SC~

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by cleggett

Mon.

is 1.5g of glutamine per day enough? I'm going to be taking 10g a day split up into 2 doses.

1.5g is not enough... i thought that read 7500mg, which would be more appropriate

I really appreciate all your help guys. I will make changes. ****, thats a lot of glutamine. Should I start right off at like 10g a day or work myself up to it??? I am going to have to buy a bigh a** tub of powdered glut. now...LOL
    Thanks Ya'll,
    CL

Thread Information