Thread: diet question

eacman65 is offline Member

Arrow diet question

heres a question for you experts, sometimes in my diet instead of having like my normal meal of like a chicken breast or some ground turkey i will substitute it for like a sandwich with some roast beef or turkey or ham, a little light mayo and some mustard on low-carb 7 grain bread, or for like a snack ill scramble a few eggs and put them into a low-carb tortilla with some cheese and a little salsa is this that bad? also one of my favorite ways to have a protein shake is to put 2 scoops of chocolate whey, some peanut butter, and a whole banana and mix them together with some ice in a blender(its an awesome shake) sometimes i will have 3 of these a day cause they are so good, are those that bad? im not cutting right now im bulking im 6'3 248 and 14%bf I actually cut downfrom 300 and like 30%bf any feedback would be appreciated!

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    From what I understand, its always best to stay away from processed food. Also, the egg whites are the only part of the egg you need to eat. Why is it that you substitute Tuna/chicken/lean steak for a sandwich? is it convenient? craving? I am a strong believer in sticking to natural foods, nothing with more then 2 ingredients and comes in a package. The shake that you make isn't bad as long as you use natural peanut butter. When it comes to staying lean its also important to stay away from dairy products. Just my 2 cents, hope that helps a little bro.

eacman65 is offline Member
    thanks this does help, yes the sandwich is more convenient at times, are cans of chicken acceptable like instead of tuna?

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Cans of chicken? Never heard of it. If the convenience is really a problem, I suggest the Original, non-flavored Purdue Shortcuts brand chicken. There are no additives to it and its very convenient. They are available at any supermarket around $6 a container which has around 3 servings (15g protein, 80cals) per serving. I would suggest eating the shortcuts and half a cup to a cup of brown rice.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you are bulking, you have more room for error, but some (like me) bulk w/only clean foods, using a cheat day for sandwiches, fat/carb meals, etc.

~SC~

LeafsFan is offline Associate Member
    Btw, why are dairies so bad if the goal is to stay lean?

Is skim milk a bad idea? What about cottage cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan
    Btw, why are dairies so bad if the goal is to stay lean?

Is skim milk a bad idea? What about cottage cheese?
    Dairy = sugar.

Cottage cheese some use, or real cheese, but milk is sh*t.

~SC~

LeafsFan is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Dairy = sugar.

Cottage cheese some use, or real cheese, but milk is sh*t.

~SC~
    So I'm with cottage cheese and some flax seed oil before bed?

I'd use either whey protein and flaxseed oil, or cottage cheese and some whey protein. The fat slows the digestion down enough already w/out the need for cottage cheese.

~SC~

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan
    So I'm with cottage cheese and some flax seed oil before bed?
    Not sure what you were asking here, but that is fine. I do the same thing. A 1/2 cup of non-fat cottage cheese, will give you 15 grams of quality casein, that will help to slow the digestion of your nutrients while sleeping, Cottage cheese and flax b4 bed is a good combination b4 bed IMO.

Thread Information