GQSuperman is offline Banned

diet help...carbs too low? etc.

hey guys,

I've been sticking to a strict diet the last couple months and have seen good gains. its basically a cutting diet, but i seem to be bulking a little, which i don't mind. I've gained about 5-6 pounds of lbm, while getting my 4 pack into a 6 pack and reducing my love handles. However, I don't get many carbs in my diet and was wondering if I would get better gains if i adjusted. I'm 6foot 195 pounds right now. B/c of my schedule, my workout is kind of strange. I have a 4 day split MTWTh , so carb cycling could be hard. I do some cardio friday and saturday. sunday is off.

anyway, as of now here's my diet. can you guys tell me if limiting the carbs is hurting my gains and give advice as to how to fix the problem (if there is one)

so, this is my diet MTWTh.....same diet for friday except no PWO shake. saturday is a workout diet and sunday is my cheat day.

8am
    egg whites with flax or tuna with flax

10am
    chicken or tuna with almond butter

noon
    chicken with spinach

2pm
    chicken or tuna

4pm

7pm
    PWO shake 40 gram protein, 40 gram dextrose, creatine

8pm
    chicken or sirloin with spinach or asparagus with olive oil

10 pm

casein/whey shake with flax.

i don't really count calories etc, but this seems to be working right now. does anythign major jump out at anyone? (ie, are carbs too low in PWO? they aren't 2:1 I know.....no carbs in PPWO meal...is this detrimental to me.....no carbs in the am on workout days........am i suffering b/c of this etc....is fat too high?)

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    ppwo should be a pro/carb meal with 60-70 gms of carbs and a lean protein.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    I personally would up your dex PWO and like previously stated, make PPWO and pro/complex carb meal.

Fat isnt to high, its hard to tell since you dont have the amounts posted, but it may be to low even. I do not see any fats in two of your meals.

-ost

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    CAPS BRO. .YOUR DIET IS REAL CLOSE TO BEIN AWESOME
    [QUOTE=GQSuperman]hey guys,

I've been sticking to a strict diet the last couple months and have seen good gains. its basically a cutting diet, but i seem to be bulking a little, which i don't mind. I've gained about 5-6 pounds of lbm, while getting my 4 pack into a 6 pack and reducing my love handles. However, I don't get many carbs in my diet and was wondering if I would get better gains if i adjusted. I'm 6foot 195 pounds right now. B/c of my schedule, my workout is kind of strange. I have a 4 day split MTWTh , so carb cycling could be hard. I do some cardio friday and saturday. sunday is off.

anyway, as of now here's my diet. can you guys tell me if limiting the carbs is hurting my gains and give advice as to how to fix the problem (if there is one)

so, this is my diet MTWTh.....same diet for friday except no PWO shake. saturday is a workout diet and sunday is my cheat day.
    CARDIO?????

8am
    egg whites with flax or tuna with flax
    GOOD

10am
    GOOD
    noon
    chicken with spinach
    DEF ADD A FAT HERE

2pm
    chicken or tuna
    AGAIN, ADD A FAT

4pm
    GOOD

7pm
    PWO shake 40 gram protein, 40 gram dextrose, creatine
    EITHER UP THE DEX OR TAKE AWAY A SCOOP OF PROTEIN

8pm
    chicken or sirloin with spinach or asparagus with olive oil
    NEED THOSE COMPLEX CARBS HERE, SWEET POTATOES, RICE, YAMS

10 pm

casein/whey shake with flax.
    GOOD

i don't really count calories etc, but this seems to be working right now. does anythign major jump out at anyone? (ie, are carbs too low in PWO? they aren't 2:1 I knowIF YOU KNOW THEY DO IT D@MNIT .....no carbs in PPWO meal...is this detrimental to meTHIS ALONG WITH PWO IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY.....no carbs in the am on workout days........am i suffering b/c of this etcDEPENDS WHEN YOUR CARDIO IS....is fat too high?NOT HIGH ENOUGH IMO)[/QUOTE]

DCB

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Ditto on everything the cowbag said. Diet looks pretty good. How much fat is in the almond butter?

GQSuperman is offline Banned

fat

16 grams per serving of almond butter. that puts me around 100 grams of fat a day i think. the cutting sticky says to have around 50. is this a problem?

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    your fine bro, 100 is perfect IMO

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    just started my clean bulking diet today and my fat intake is 102gms

Thread Information