Thread: cheat days?

Bruce willis is offline Associate Member

cheat days?

how many cheat days do u have a week? this is my first cheat day in 3 weeks and i feel really guilt, it really wasnt a cheat day, i only cheated for dinner. is thiis ok?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    One day a week for me usually.

~SC~

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by swolecat
    One day a week for me usually.

~SC~
    That's what most people do, anymore is bad.

Redz122 is offline Associate Member
    on a cheat day, is their usually a limit on how much you can consume before it gets real bad?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    That's a rough one to answer really. You can "over-do" it, but if you handle your business the other 6 days of the week w/impeccable eating/training/etc., it's really really really hard to get fat in one day.

I'd cheat in one or two meals, then see how you do that next week look/weight wise. If not too bad, then maybe cheat more that next "free" day, or vice versa.

I know that's pretty open ended, but that's how our bodies are.

~SC~

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    some people when they cheat, they eat potato chips and drink soda all day. i think you could cheat in a few meals but i dont know bout all day.

birsling is offline Member
    I am definitely in tune with the 1/wk theory. Any more and you're not dieting, any less and I personally feel drained/overburdened by/with self-discipline. I also agree with nickrizz, I don't go crazy. A few meals, or usually a big breakfast for me on Sundays. That is about it. Maybe ice cream Sunday night (oooooooo I love the ice cream). But once in 3 wks, don't even sweat it.

Beernutz is offline Member
    i wouldnt feel guilty for 1 day. Why feel guilty you deserve a break after all that hard work and dedication you put in for 6 dayz straight. When your cheating just think of it this way. There are pple out there who eat what we eat for a cheat meal and they consider it healthy. Like if someone would wake up and have a big bowl of cereal with an apple, bananna, and some orange juice, then they would have a turkey sub with whole wheat bread for lunch, they would consider that a healthy day of eating. For us thats cheating so dont feel bad were only human.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    When I'm bulking, I go crazy... Hit the all-you-can-eat buffets and put down 5-6 plates. I usually add 5-6 lbs of water weight, but it subsides after a few days of cardio and eating clean.

As for when I cut, my cheat days consist of extra oatmeal, brown rice, and fruit!

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    omg, today i cheated so bad. i gorged myself at this awesome chinese buffet and felt bloated and huge the entire day. didn't really eat anything until, well, the chicken is on the grill as we speak, so about 8 hours. i wasn't hungry at all. i ate that much. omg, i felt like crap after that cheat.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    I wish I could control myself on cheat days and have some clean "carb-up" days once a week where fat intake is low and the quality of carbs is high. But I can't. I go quite crazy. So I was thinkin instead of 1 cheat day per week, which for some may slow the fat loss process down more then they like, how about 1 cheat day every 2 weeks? What you guys think?

Thanks
    BB

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    i dont feel guilty,last sat i ate an entire strawberry short cake.the next day my stomach was even flatter...go figure

Thread Information