Thread: Fasting

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member

Fasting

I have a couple of new age hippie friends that are going to try something called the Master Cleanser. They tell me it's also called the lemonade fast. I'll be interested to see what happens to their bodies.

Has anyone tried fasting? This one is supposed to last 10 days. If you have, did you really get the benefits from it that are claimed (detox)? Is it worth the loss of muscle mass that I'm guessing must be experienced?

I'm not going to try it, just interested.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Hippes rule.. not fasting isnt good for anyone and the only detox i'll be doing is from my coke/heroine addiction in 20 or so years when filthy rich and have nothing better to do with my time

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    I have a couple of new age hippie friends that are going to try something called the Master Cleanser. They tell me it's also called the lemonade fast. I'll be interested to see what happens to their bodies.

Has anyone tried fasting? This one is supposed to last 10 days. If you have, did you really get the benefits from it that are claimed (detox)? Is it worth the loss of muscle mass that I'm guessing must be experienced?

All I can say is.........

H*ll no........phuck that! This ain't Ramadan N sh*t..............

~SC~

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Swolecat could you increase your font size i cant read it. Maybe its just my screen but it looks a little small.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    Swolecat could you increase your font size i cant read it. Maybe its just my screen but it looks a little small.
    Sorry, I think this is as big as I can post.

~SC~

doby48 is offline Female Member

Just to answer your question, I have fasted in the past and it did work to basically detox my body. As far as being worth the loss of muscle mass, well thats hard to say and depends on why you are fasting. I did it cause I was getting sick all the time and after fasting during the day time for a few weeks everything was back in check again. So for me, yeah it was worth it cause what I ate actually stayed in me and was properly digested afterward which allowed me bigger gains afterward. I would think otherwise it would not be worth it.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    here is a good example of how fasting/styarving IS NOT WORHT IT. . .i had an ED anf for the first month of starvation it went like this. . .i got 315 for 2 on bench. . .a month to the day later i could only get 225 twice (what does that tell ya)

Well, these two are already pasty little beanpoles so I'm not sure what else they have to lose. They look like broomsticks draped in tiedye hemp shirts and birkenstock sandals. It will be interesting though.

MEERCAT44 is offline New Member
    fasting is great to do because it cleanses the intestine and removes debris from the intestine which means better nutrient absorption.I t is clinically reported that we have up to 25 pounds of undigested food in our intestines. Dr Klatz the guru of HGH says in his book that you should fast for one day every week or two because it increases HGH in the body.

Don't worry about losing muscle and a 3-5 day fast will not effect it-if you are concerned add glutamine to your lemonade but your body could use the rest-and maybe it should be done when your not working out for 3-5 days

cb

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MEERCAT44
    fasting is great to do because it cleanses the intestine and removes debris from the intestine which means better nutrient absorption.I t is clinically reported that we have up to 25 pounds of undigested food in our intestines. Dr Klatz the guru of HGH says in his book that you should fast for one day every week or two because it increases HGH in the body.

Don't worry about losing muscle and a 3-5 day fast will not effect it-if you are concerned add glutamine to your lemonade but your body could use the rest-and maybe it should be done when your not working out for 3-5 days

cb
    Oh, well if the great dr. klatz says so he must be right. . .Dr. atkins says to take in 30 grams of carbs a day. . is he right??? never encourage fasting, if you do your a fool

If I fasted one day per week I'd be seriously hindering my gains/performance.

Can't take that risk.

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Sorry but Phuck fasting..... not worth the catabolic effects IMO. If you want to clean your system out buy a colon cleanser and drink some green tea

<<LMO>>

Or, instead of using "I can't believe it's not butter" spray, use W-D 40 or similar lubricant on your food.

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Or, instead of using "I can't believe it's not butter" spray, use W-D 40 or similar lubricant on your food.

~SC~

LOL..... no thank you I'd rather have fecal buildup haha Ewwwww Gross

<<LMO>>

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Almost sounds like the 24hr Hollywood diet. LOL

MEERCAT44 is offline New Member
    Big difference between Klatz and Atkins. Atkins never could back his theory with hard core clinical information where as Klatz backs his data by tons of clinical studies. I am not saying you have to fast, I am just saying there are many benefits and if you feel that it will hurt your gains then it is not for you. Fasting works for me, I do it every 3 months for 5-7 days using lemon and watermelon with no exercise just walking and there is a lot of data out there on it if you look hard enough that supports the benefits

~SC~ on lemon and watermelon w/no protein for 5-7 days is never going to happen.

No exercise for that period of time is also nuts.

Just not suited for that stuff.

~SC~

How was lemon and watermelon decided on? Why not pineapples and rutabegas?

How was lemon and watermelon decided on? Why not pineapples and rutabegas?
    Dunno bruh, I'm not a fasting extraordinaire brutha Pimp.

Don't doubt him, crown him!

~SC~

ntwrk is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    ~SC~ on lemon and watermelon w/no protein for 5-7 days is never going to happen.

No exercise for that period of time is also nuts.

Just not suited for that stuff.

~SC~

Oh shiat. Now look what you've done! You've got Swole talking in the third person.
    Its OK SC, he was only joking about no protein or exercise
    Fasting as a religious practice I can buy, but to do it to cleanse you out? Not sure, seems to me that going without food for any amount of time would be hard on your system.

There may be health benefits to it, not arguing that. However those benefits don't outweigh how I'd set myself back in that week, so it's a no go for me. Taking a week off from training (yet still eating clean/correctly) is hard enough. NOT EATING is like just, well, DUMB for what I do.

Excuse me, I mean for what ~SC~ does.

~SC~

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Sorry but Phuck fasting..... not worth the catabolic effects IMO. If you want to clean your system out buy a colon cleanser and drink some green tea

<<LMO>>
    that's what i was thinking also..

fasting is good.... but it will shock the body... and you don't need that kind of shock......
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    my sister went a whole day without eatcing fasting for her church to raise money. right now she hasn't watched TV or listened to radio for 18 days. She has 12 to go and it about to die.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Couldn't a 10-day fasting period significantly slow your metabolism??

Yeah, and if you have low-blood sugar issues, you could also die.

Nice!!

~SC~

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    People are dying to get skinny these days!!

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thread Information