Beernutz is offline Member

What the Heck!!!!!

im not complaining by any means but i discovered something very odd this morning. Every Saturday morning after my morning fluid dispense i always take my stats. Weight, bf, and waist size. So last week i was at 188lbs at 10.8%(using the stupid hand held fat tester...prob not that accurate) with 32" waist. Im currently 2 weeks into a new lean bulking phase and this morning my stats were 188lbs 31.5" waist and 10.4%bf. My strength has gone up since the lean bulk and my vascularity is still on the rise more so then when i was cutting. Im starting to get veins along my stomatch and chest. I still do cardio 3 times per week first thing in the am, and i always comsume plain oats and protein immediately after. Ive been eating 3200kcals per day and i dont understand how im still seemingly burning fat and gaining strength. I know RockyX had a similar post like this a while back so im starting to wonder if hardcore cutting is neccessary if your not competing. Its like why cut and go through the mental fatigue and stress if you can just bulk clean and manage to burn fat at the same time.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Hey if your still going in the direction you want then why complain Be happy your body loves you enough to let you gain muscle / lose fat at the same time hehe. Keep up whatever you are doing as it is obviously working

<<LMO>>

thanks lmo...Im not complaining at all but im just trying to spark some ideas for those who are trying to cut hardcore and are mentally drained. There may be others ways...

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    I know RockyX had a similar post like this a while back so im starting to wonder if hardcore cutting is neccessary if your not competing. Its like why cut and go through the mental fatigue and stress if you can just bulk clean and manage to burn fat at the same time.

I've seen Swole recommend this exact thing when people are killing themsleves trying to lose the last 5 or 10 lbs. Good knowledge to have!!

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    thanks lmo...Im not complaining at all but im just trying to spark some ideas for those who are trying to cut hardcore and are mentally drained. There may be others ways...

I agree... there are other ways. IMO you can eat sufficient calories to gain LBM and just keep doing morning cardio and still lose fat since after all the only time you are definitely in Lipolysis is during cardio. Who knows if the food you are eating is causing you to lose fat the rest of the day. I think if you are not fat to begin with (12% bodyfat or lower) then there is no reason to drastically reduce kcals to lose fat. I think cardio in addition to a clean diet rich in EFA's would be the way to go. But then again it just depends on the person.... some people can lose fat easier than others.

<<LMO>>

yhea i totally agree that there are other means. Sometimes just the mental ease of lean bulking can get you past that last bit of fat.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    BTW beer, how many days do you do ur cardio for bulking? Are these non lifting days or lifting days??

Thanks

-ost

i do cardio 3 times per week. Monday, thurs, Sat. I train Monday, WED, Fri, SAt so sometimes its on training days sometimes its not. Sometimes ill do the cardio mon to wed. All depends on how i feel.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Great to hear on the stats n such.

Remember though, next week if you measure and the results are in the opposite direction, don't stress off of it. Remember those methods can be way off at times. I.E., don't use these results as the "final word" on what really may be occuring.

~SC~

i agree because those fat testers can be way off sometimes. I mostly just use the mirror but the numbers help to.

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Yeah bro like you said, the same thing happened to me. Once I switched to my bulk I became leaner and strength went up, and I was still losing weight. Happened for almost 3 weeks straight. Guess it kinda jolts the metabolism. Not long from now though you will start gaining the weight. Or maybe not. You weight a little more than me and are eating less calories and still have cardio. I dropped the cardio in an attempt to pack on the pounds.

how many kcals are you taken right now Rocky

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    ur still lookin solid bro, keep up the good work

thanks slizzut.

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    I bumped it up to about 3500 calories. And completely dropped the cardio. I found that this is what it took for me to start gaining weight like I wanted to.

eggplant is offline Member
    hey beernutz..if that's u in your avatar..i must say you got some sick size and vascularity goin on there..keep up the greaty work bruh!!!

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    yo beernutz, keep up the good work man! just wonderin how many days did u do cardio a week on ur cutting diet ??

i did the cardio 6 times a week when i was cutting.

Thread Information