PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator

Alright guys. I need post workout help.

When you are trying to lean out, or stay lean on a cycle. What do you eat postworkout? I'm confused on this, because I am eating only roughly 250 or less carbs a day, and will reduce when needed. But what do you eat post workout, i mean i always slam 10-15g of glutamine and a mouthful of amino's when I'm done working out. Then hit the cardio for 20 minutes, then slam a 50g shake consiting of whey. This is immediately after cardio at the gym, I bring it with me. Then I drive home, shower and make a small (1/2 cup) oatmeal pancake with honey on top. Bout a tablespoon or so, which is about 40-50 carbs. Half sugar, half slow acting oats.

Should I be having more sugar, NO sugar, medium sugar...I am confused.

I know ingesting dextrose is optimal for muscle gains, but when trying to stay lean and get the abs come out at full force, shouldn't you stay away from sugar? Any help will be greatly appreciated. And I can and WILL do whatever you guys say, I have too much discipline it's not even funny, so whatever you say I will stick to.

Any precontest boys know what to do? Ain't doin a show, but wanna get crack-a-lackin for summer.

bravo11p is offline Associate Member
    Bro, I think it looks pretty good. You need the carbs for post work out replenishment anyway and I think your sugar intake is looking pretty good. One really good tool you can get is a glucometer. As always, keep your protein up while cutting to preserve muscle.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    You look as if you have the nut cracked , and you do need some carbs after working out otherwise the body will use the protein to replenish low energy levels.You look as if your doing it right! Personally I stay away from sugar and never use it.

So screw the honey? Just have more oats?

Like I said, I'm down for anything. Anyone else? COME ON BOYS AND GIRLS! Lil PumP needs your help.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Everything look fine to me. Are you just checking or are you experienceing any problems from this? Sounds like you should be getting pretty good results.
    Tobey

Well, I'm down about 4 lbs since I started. I duno if that's good or not. I mean, I'm not really 'cutting'. Just trying to add a few, nothing major and get the abs to come out like gang busters. I'm only 2 weeks in, so I'm going to take it slow. If I lose too much weight too quick, bye bye cardio....hello steak!

Thanks for the help guys. What do you guys eat post workout while maintaining/cutting/lean mass cycle?

Thanks again everyone, much appreciated.

ravaz is offline Associate Member
    Personally, if I'm cutting or bulking, my after work out meals are a 2:1 ratio, carbs: protein. Usually have 100 carbs and 50 protein. If I'm cutting, I'll just lower the carbs throughout the day with my other meals. This has worked out well for me.
    Good luck

Thanks bro. I really might give that a go. What is your ratio of fast acting carbs postworkout vs. slow...or is it just 100g of dextrose you are using?

Socio is offline Associate Member
    personally pappa i would train do cardio then stack the glutamine with the sugars after training, then have your whey shake 20 mins after you sugar drink (maybe so gatorade or plain dextrose what ever tickles your fancy) thats how i stack it up .... i add creatine in as well with my sugars .. and i lost alot of bf that way.
    Bulking time now though .

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    I was just reading an article about this. here ya go
    "Research shows that carbs that have a high GI index are most effective for promoting glycogen resynthesis. This includes foods like gatorade, corn flakes, and cheerios. Your best bet is to stick with a liquid supplement designed for post-workout recovery with high carbs comprised of glucose, sucrose, or dextrose, with lower protein and very low fat. Be careful not to ingest more protein than carbs becuase this may stimulate the secretion of glucagon, which creates a poor environment for glycogen replacement.......onward to how much. Should consume roughly 0.4 - 0.8 grams of carbs per lb. of bodyweight. Drink or eat your recovery meal and some protein, but save the big meal for about an hour after your workout.

hope this helps
    -J

Thread Information