ripped525 is offline Junior Member

Is it safe to put raw eggs in your protein shake?

Lemme know what u think on this one
    I hate the taste of eggs i did this a couple times and i loved it, cant taste no eggs

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Dude do a search.... this topic has been covered like a billion times already. The search button is your friend

<<LMO>>

Beernutz is offline Member
    no def not. I would only eat raw pasturized eggwhites. I wouldnt touch raw whole eggs. To much bacteria, you dont wanna end up with food poisioning.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped525
    Lemme know what u think on this one
    I hate the taste of eggs i did this a couple times and i loved it, cant taste no eggs
    Well, even though you "can't taste no eggs", when you get salmonella poisoning, you'll be tasting your stomach lining.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    you'll be tasting your stomach lining.

~SC~

mmmmmmmm

Yummy

<<LMO>>

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Some people do it. Some people dont. If you do it, start out wtih one egg a day for a week. Then jump up to two a day in your shake. The ONLY benifit you will get is 70 extra calories per egg. Me, I put 4-6 in each shake and havent had any problems. Cholestoral is normal, etc. Now when I am 50, who knows.

qccat is offline Associate Member
    as long as the egg has not been tampered with it is safe. its your risk to take, i've not had problems in the past

Ive heard that u can only get salmonella poisoning if the egg has been cracked and out of the shell for a while, i know a couple of ppl who do it. Is there any other health risks, im trying to bulk, and if i can have a couple glasses of milk with 1-2 eggs in it twice daily i think it would give me an easier way to jump my cals up.
    Well, even though you "can't taste no eggs", when you get salmonella poisoning, you'll be tasting your stomach lining.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I really don't want to weigh in on this because I got called a pussy last week for advising against eating raw eggs. And we all know I ain't no pussy in the kitchen!!

However, you can get salmonella from raw eggs if the shell is cracked, that's correct. But you can also acquire it if the egg is not kept refrigerated during its entire life and that is something you cannot be 100% sure of. Sure, the chance is low that you'll get sick, but you only need to taste your stomach bile once in your life.

i wouldnt call it a pussy for not eating raw eggs but prob smart, i just gotta learn how to eat em, i just cant stand the taste

eggplant is offline Member
    raw eggs are full of bacteria bro...and milk with eggs?? ooh..i got the runs when i do that....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    No sweat off my balls, ya'll do what you wish. W/the other plethora of protein choices available, rolling the dice as such seems to be highly illogical.

~SC~

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    No sweat off my balls, ya'll do what you wish. W/the other plethora of protein choices available, rolling the dice as such seems to be highly illogical.

~SC~
    I hear ya on that. The only reason I do it is because: 18 eggs for 2 bucks at 1200 calories total. I cant buy 1200 calories anywhere for that price

snowman is offline Senior Member
    I did it for 2 weeks, and was sick, for a good 3 weeks ( food poison)... i also thought is was O.k., but my doctor, tought i was crazy, when i went to see him.... the only reason i went to see my doctor, was because of people like swolecat, that give me good advise... i used to think " raw eggs, must be good, you see it all the time on T.V people drinking" never thought of the bacteria.... learned my leason the hard way.

Beernutz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman
    I did it for 2 weeks, and was sick, for a good 3 weeks ( food poison)... i also thought is was O.k., but my doctor, tought i was crazy, when i went to see him.... the only reason i went to see my doctor, was because of people like swolecat, that give me good advise... i used to think " raw eggs, must be good, you see it all the time on T.V people drinking" never thought of the bacteria.... learned my leason the hard way.
    point proven!!!

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    one time like i was going to the mall and like omg....

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    one time like i was going to the mall and like omg....

Homogay no doubt about it

<<LMO>>

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    ey mike want to know more about my cheat day? im me

Thread Information