monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin

Diet Critique Please

I spend most of my time here on AR learning about AS and dispensing advice from what knowledge i've garnered over the years... I haven't ever really spent time borwsing the diet forum and decided it was about damm time that i mosied on over and posted up my diet for the experts to critique...

right now, i stand a puny 5'9'' 170 lbs... (trying to gain back another 20 i lost)

i'm bulking, while staying as lean as possible.

currently running 750 mgs test enth and 500 mgs tren enth...

Diet is as follows (most days)

Meal 1- Oatmeal, 4 egg whites, 12-16 oz. 2% milk --- 30 g protein

supps(AM) - 5 g glutamine, Multi vitamin, 2000 mgs vit. c, vitamin e, 2 g tribulus, milk thistle, 100 mgs b6 (tren)

Meal 2- Whey Shake --- 54 g protein

Meal 3- 6oz CHicken breast w/ rice or whole wheat pita (mabye some ranch dressing) and gatorade --- 40 g protein

Workout-

PWO (Meal 4)- Glass of Orange Juice or Fresh Fruit if around and Whey Protein SHake, 4 egg whites --- 70 g protein

supps (PWO) 5 g glutamine, 2 g tribulus, milk thistle, 2000 mgs vit. c, 100 mgs b6

Meal 5- Steak, Salmon, Chicken Breast, Turkey... gatorade --- 45 g protein

Meal 6- Pro Blend Shake... assorted protein... 65 g with flax seed oil

Total: 304g protein.... thats about average... some days my diet gets out of hand and i'll chomp down 325g protein and some days ill only hit 275 g.

sometimes one or two meals may be a double quarter pounder without fries because one of my jobs has me driving interstates and i dont have access to a microwave for my pre-made chicken meals...

any feedback is much appreciated. i'm really bad with my carbs/fat knowledge... and iw as hoping mabye that you bros can offer some advice on that and mabye post up some of your favorite tuna recipes as well since i've never tried the stuff...

again, all comments are welcome, please be critical!!!

thanks,
    MC

PS- i have no idea how many cals are in that diet... but im thinkin that its not enough... any suggestions on how to bump the cals would be awesome as well.
    Last edited by monstercojones; 06-21-2004 at 05:46 PM.

Beernutz is offline Member
    dont mean to be harsh but that diet has alot of flaws bro. Especially if your trying to gain lean size. I hope you read the stickys atop the forum.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    dont mean to be harsh but that diet has alot of flaws bro. Especially if your trying to gain lean size. I hope you read the stickys atop the forum.

agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz

well hook me up... what can i do to improve? i rolled over to this forum hoping to learn more about an area of knowledge im seriously lacking in...

ps- i read the stickies... i'm still a diet newbie though... my main area of expertise is AS use...

if someone would be willing to help me tweak my diet through PM.... i would appreciate it greatly.
    Last edited by monstercojones; 06-21-2004 at 09:16 PM.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    CAPS....

Quote Originally Posted by monstercojones
    I spend most of my time here on AR learning about AS and dispensing advice from what knowledge i've garnered over the years... I haven't ever really spent time borwsing the diet forum and decided it was about damm time that i mosied on over and posted up my diet for the experts to critique...

right now, i stand a puny 5'9'' 170 lbs... (trying to gain back another 20 i lost)

GET RID OF THE MILK.... IT IS HORRIBLE IN ANY DIET. IF YOU MUST USE MILK TRY TO LOW CARB STUFF WITH NO FAT IN IT & 12G OF PROTEIN. BUT ME PERSONALLY I WOULDN'T USE IT AT ALL. YOU NEED MORE PROTEIN IN THIS MEAL AS WELL

supps(AM) - 5 g glutamine, Multi vitamin, 2000 mgs vit. c, vitamin e, 2 g tribulus, milk thistle, 100 mgs b6 (tren)

NEED TO ADD A FAT HERE

Meal 3- 6oz CHicken breast w/ rice or whole wheat pita (mabye some ranch dressing) and gatorade --- 40 g protein

NO REASON FOR CARBS HERE..... AND DON'T USE GATORADE. THIS SHOULD BE ANOTHER PRO/FAT MEAL. IF YOU WANT TO USE CARBS HERE USE AN APPLE W/ A PROTEIN SHAKE, BUT IDEALLY THIS WOULD BE A PRO/FAT MEAL.

Workout-

PWO (Meal 4)- Glass of Orange Juice or Fresh Fruit if around and Whey Protein SHake, 4 egg whites --- 70 g protein

DEXTROSE!! YOU NEED TO REPLENISH MUSCLE GLYCOGEN HERE.... USE 2:1 RATIO OF DEXTROSE TO WHEY PROTEIN OR EGG WHITES HERE. IF YOU DON'T HAVE DEXTROSE USE THE GATORADE WE TOOK OUTA YOUR OTHER MEAL INSTEAD.

supps (PWO) 5 g glutamine, 2 g tribulus, milk thistle, 2000 mgs vit. c, 100 mgs b6

I HOPE YOU MEAN ONE OF THOSE MEATS.... THEY WOULD YIELD MUCH MORE THAN 45G OF PROTEIN TOGETHER. BUT ANYWAY.... HERE YOU WANT TO USE A LEAN PROTEIN SOURCE W/ LITTLE TO NO FAT (CHICKEN BREAST) AND THEN USE A STARCHY CARB LIKE BROWN RICE, YAMS, WHEAT BREAD, WHOLE WHEAT PASTA ETC. YOU HAVE A LITTLE MORE FREEDOM SINCE YOU ARE BULKING.

FINE.... MAKE SURE THERE AREN'T A LOT OF CARBS IN THE SHAKE.

Total: 304g protein.... thats about average... some days my diet gets out of hand and i'll chomp down 325g protein and some days ill only hit 275 g.

sometimes one or two meals may be a double quarter pounder without fries because one of my jobs has me driving interstates and i dont have access to a microwave for my pre-made chicken meals...

NO NO NO....... HORRIBLE CHOICES UNLESS YOU WISH TO GET FAT. COOK YOUR FOOD AHEAD OF TIME AND PUT IT IN TUPPER WARE.

any feedback is much appreciated. i'm really bad with my carbs/fat knowledge... and iw as hoping mabye that you bros can offer some advice on that and mabye post up some of your favorite tuna recipes as well since i've never tried the stuff...

thanks,
    MC

PS- i have no idea how many cals are in that diet... but im thinkin that its not enough... any suggestions on how to bump the cals would be awesome as well.

I would re-read the cutting sticky as it has a lot of diet information in it relevant to all diets, not just cutting. The way I critiqued your diet is for minimal fat gain. However, you can bulk any way you want, but going crazy w/ mixing fat & carbs and eating fast food will make ya fat in no time.

<<LMO>>

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    CAPS BRO. .

Quote Originally Posted by monstercojones

PHUCK THE MILK MAN. .ADD MORE EGGWHITES FOR PROTEIN. . 8-10 OF THEM SHOULD BE GOOD

NEED A FAT HERE!!!! FLAX OIL, OLIVE OIL, ALMONDS ECT ECT

NO CARBS HERE HAVE THE CHICKEN WITH A FAT

Workout-

NEED SIMPLE CARSB AND FAST DIGESTING PROTEIN AT THIS POINT. . 40 GRAMS WHEY AND 80 GRAMS CARBS FROM DEXTROSE IS A GOOD STARTING POINT

PHUCK THE HATORADE. .NEED COMPLEX CARBS HERE. .OATS, POTAOTS, RICE ECT ECT

GOOD

thanks,
    MC

thanks for the replies guys... it's a big help...

Thread Information