Thread: chinese food

Fame is offline Junior Member

chinese food

Chinese food
    Anyone have link or site that lists nutritional value for common foods/dishes at chinese restaurant?

i know it sucks...but i spend a LOT of time away from home, and there are often the times where my only option is the Italian Restaurant or the chinese restuarant...so the old steamed chicken and brocolli is eaten often, lol, but im curious to how bad some of the other stuff actually is.

thank you for any info.

i know its unhealthy, im curious to see how unhealthy....comparitevly ya know

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    It's always chicken and broccoli or beef and broccoli for me. General Tso's on some cheat days.

www.fitday.com has a lot of these meals in their database.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    99% of Chinese Food preparations have MSG and tons of fats/carbs together.

Sh*t food basically.

~SC~

yea im not debating that....its more of for the times that I feel i need food in my system, and have no access to refrigerator, car to get to supermaket, or local food choices besides a chinese place or italian restaurant....so i do sometimes go for the steamed chicken and broccoli, but its basically nothing you know, im not cutting and i have to eat like 2 gallons (exageration) to fill myself with that.
    I know the restaurant say 'no msg', but i know the sodium levels must be rediculous as well as the fat levels in the fried foods...i just want to see how much fat an order of lets say the 'orange chicken' or 'general tso's or something has..i know its high, but is it 30gms of fat? 60 gms of fat? I know the white rice has no nutritional value, and im better off just drinking water for that (lol), but it does help 'fill u up' and is that a bad thing? im not sure.

I just hate thinking 'should i not eat at all? or eat something unhealthy', and would feel better about eating unhealthy if i knew how unhealthy.....i try to keep some sort of track of my daily intake of fat/carbs/protein (not competitive or too crazy about it) but its hard when i have no idea of what some foods have in them ya know.

GQSuperman is offline Banned

you could

try to find a subway or tgi fridays with their low carb meals now as a better alternative.

im not worried about carbs...especially w/ those places low carb meals...i know they have that info on dietfacts.com ...and i found the chinese info on calorieking.com ...they also have the restaurants...but for example, the Ruby tuesdays has the carb cutter menu...their 'carb cutter' steak has 0 carbs, and 42GRMS OF FAT!!!! where the regular steak has 1 carb and 8 gms of fat!! People jump all over the 'carb' stuff and dont even realize what they are eating!! I was at Chili's the other day for a burger, and they had a 'low carb' menu, which list the carbs for anything, but No fat number....i was like "these are ALL high fat choices!" but everyone would rather eat 0 carbs and high fat? I still dont follow that diet, and i do stay away from a lot of breads, but i am an athlete, and i still believe i need my good carbs, and i am not as worried about low carb foods, i'd rather have low fat foods..
    I do a lot of cardio and play basketball, and i usually dont have aproblem burning most of my carbs...but i hate eating fatty foods

I found on that site, what i would have considered the most unhealthy chinese food, the General tso's, to have 40gms of Fat per serving...i usually dont eat 40gms of a fat a day at all, but im glad i know now, because if there is a day i know i will have to eat chinese for a meal, i will eat almost 0 fat keeping that in mind, till that meal...plus its still not much worse than eating other fast foods, i think KFC has those 'twister' wraps, which are like 46gms of fat...and a wopper is prob. like 40+gms of fat as well....the general tso's had 50+gms of protein per serving lol

nasty ****, but i feel better knowing whats in the foods i may have to eat in emergency (some would rather not know i know lol, thats how my girlfriend feels, she hates when we go to any place and i know the nutitional value, i got a lot of info from those sites)

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    it's definitely some of the worst food to cheat on, but god **** is it good as hell

Thread Information