big4nuthin is offline Associate Member

Anyone use coconut oil?

I hear it speeds up the metabolism and is lower in calories and bad fats than other oils. Thanks.

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    it is one of the richest sources of healthy saturated fats you can find. also rich in mct's that aren't stored as fat and used directly for energy. it's great to cook with since it does not convert to trans fats like olive oil, (never use canola oil as a side note for anything). it has many anti viral properties that keep you healthy and it keeps your skin looking incredible young. remember, none of it converts to trans fats when cooking, and nothing ever gets burnt when i use it in the pan. everything just turns out perfect. #1 cooking oil in the world.

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Good to hear. Any other opinions? Maybe from Swole or the bad man?

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    extra virgin coconut oil has been know to burn fat keep ur digestive system strong and healthy, as a matter of fact people who suffer from IBS or similar digestive disorders have had great success with extra virgin coconut oil. Plus it kills parasites within the digestive tract and gives you energy. It can also be applied directly to the skin giving it a smooth supple look and feel.
    i will most likely be buying a bottle of this stuff for myself and substitute it for flax as soon as my flax runs out, since im curious to see the benefits myself.

heres a great site about extra virgin coconut oil http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/
    Last edited by The TooL; 06-22-2004 at 10:40 PM.

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    i would recommend you buy it tool, but don't use it as a substitute for your flax because the coconut oil has no efa's. flax is loaded with efa's, although i would recommend molecularly distilled fish or cod liver oil as a better choice.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    When I was doing some research on fasting (see another one of my threads) I came across several mentions of how good coconut oil is, but I know very little about it.

Thread Information