JT2k is offline Associate Member

Question How Fast is too Fast

had a quick question on weight loss... how fast is too fast to lose the weight and when do people usually hit weight loss walls after they start a diet or do they?.. ive lost 14lbs since last thursday and ive lost an 1/1/2 inches on my waist but my bodyfat percentage hasnt went down? is that normal? i did some forum searching but nothing came up so hope im not beating a dead horse with this post any help is much appreciated ...

flexshack is offline Member
    bloob
    Last edited by flexshack; 01-19-2012 at 10:32 PM.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JT2k
    had a quick question on weight loss... how fast is too fast to lose the weight and when do people usually hit weight loss walls after they start a diet or do they?.. ive lost 14lbs since last thursday and ive lost an 1/1/2 inches on my waist but my bodyfat percentage hasnt went down? is that normal? i did some forum searching but nothing came up so hope im not beating a dead horse with this post any help is much appreciated ...

You lost water weight most likely

<<LMO>>

nope... no typo. Im pretty sure it was water weight i agree with you. The main question i had is long term how much weight a week should i be gunning for without losing lean muscle mass? is there an appox figure ie 3lbs a week ??? and when do dieters typically hit a wall with there diets?

Quote Originally Posted by JT2k
    nope... no typo. Im pretty sure it was water weight i agree with you. The main question i had is long term how much weight a week should i be gunning for without losing lean muscle mass? is there an appox figure ie 3lbs a week ??? and when do dieters typically hit a wall with there diets?

Hitting a wall depends on the person..... however I think it is possible to lose 1-3 pounds a week AGAIN depending on the person without muscle loss. Anymore than that though and I would think some lean mass was being lost as well.

<<LMO>>

Beernutz is offline Member
    try drinking more water. that will make your bw flucuate less. Cuz that 14lbs weight loss can be a combination of water loss and weight flucuation due to insufficient water intake. You body can flucuate around 5lbs per day, so if you drink more youll urinate more and keep your water retention down. Also you must make sure you weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you take a leak.

thanks beer.. i did that after reading some of your post actually...

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    try drinking more water. that will make your bw flucuate less. Cuz that 14lbs weight loss can be a combination of water loss and weight flucuation due to insufficient water intake. You body can flucuate around 5lbs per day, so if you drink more youll urinate more and keep your water retention down. Also you must make sure you weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you take a leak.
    I will have to disagree with you. After a long night sleep your body will fluctuate a lot during that sleep. I remember reading that the best time to weigh yourself is at night around the same time every day. I remember when i wrestled in highschool that my morning body weight was so off that i didnt even considered to be close to where i was really at. Later in the day i always got consistant numbers.

well it is always said to weigh yourself on an empty stomatch and the only time you have a truly empty stomatch is when you first wake up after urinating. I dont see why night would be a good time to weigh yourself because by night youve already injested many meals which can attribute to an innacurrate weight. You have gotten consistent measurements at night but that doesnt mean they were accurate..just my 2 cents i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    I will have to disagree with you. After a long night sleep your body will fluctuate a lot during that sleep. I remember reading that the best time to weigh yourself is at night around the same time every day. I remember when i wrestled in highschool that my morning body weight was so off that i didnt even considered to be close to where i was really at. Later in the day i always got consistant numbers.

Wrong.....

Morning is the best time...... you are truly on empty and there is little room for error. 1st thing in the morning after you take a piss once or twice a month on a normal day (I use saturday) and then get on the scale. That is your real weight

<<LMO>>

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    well if i have time i will find the article that says night is best. But that doesnt mean i am right. Just what an article and my personal experience has told me. I dont like arguing so dont take this as an argument. Just what my knowledge has told me but i could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    well if i have time i will find the article that says night is best. But that doesnt mean i am right. Just what an article and my personal experience has told me. I dont like arguing so dont take this as an argument. Just what my knowledge has told me but i could be wrong.

No argument bro

<<LMO>>

ya bro no argument. Its cool that you have a diff opinion and diff experiences. Its good to hear more then 1 persons experience.

Thread Information