Thread: weighing food

love2lift is offline New Member

weighing food

I wanted to ask a question about weighing food. This may sound stupid, but when weighing meat and chicken is 8oz the fresh weight or cooked weight? And rice for example, is it weighed dry or cooked? I am going to buy a scale and start weighing my food, so i just wanted to be sure.
    Thanks

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I am pretty sure you want to always use a dry measure for stuff like rice and what-not. The water absorbtion will really mess up your readings. As for meats, you will find some calorie charts that say 4oz chicken raw uncooked, and you will see some that say 4oz chicken baked. I personally use the cooked measurements just becuase I don't like handling raw meat (OK flame away all you dirty minded bro's ) Too make safty hazards. This is my favorite website they have both types of measures. www.calorieking.com/foods

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    you said "raw meat".....

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    you said "raw meat".....
    I knew this would get a rise out of you. haha

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Honestly I would never have caught it or said anyhting if you hadn't pointed it out for me.

Farmer is offline Member
    Hmm..I went to that calorie king website and they say that 6oz chicken breast is 52 grams of protein?? I typed in 152 grams of chicken and that left me with 47 grams of protein. I don't get it because the bag of chicken breasts I have says that 152 grams of chicken yields 32 grams of protein. What the heck gives..I always hear people saying "1 chicken breast is 40 grams of protein" I use almost 2 chicken breasts in order to get 45-50 grams of protein. I am weighing this AFTER it is cooked however. I need some help..BTW those numbers are for "broiled or grilled", and I use the Foreman grill..

Peace

Farmer

Thread Information