OSTIE is offline Senior Member

Bulk/carb macro question...

Are carbs like protein, where only so much should be digested in one sitting?

For instance, besides PWO, does it really matter how many carbs I pack with my protein in one meal as long as a meet my MACRO percentages and total caloric intake for the day??

Thanks,

-ost

Beernutz is offline Member
    very good question!!! bump.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    If you want me to explain the biological process I will, it's just been a LONG ass day. To specifically answer your question, if you consume too much carbs at one sitting it can result in an increase of fat stored on your body. How much is too much per sitting? It's like the question about how much protein can be metabolized during one sitting - it depends.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    If you want me to explain the biological process I will, it's just been a LONG ass day. To specifically answer your question, if you consume too much carbs at one sitting it can result in an increase of fat stored on your body. How much is too much per sitting? It's like the question about how much protein can be metabolized during one sitting - it depends.
    Is there atleast a rough estimate of how much per meal to go by? For instance, many will say try to keep pro. intake at no more than 50gr per meal...

Thanks,

-ost

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Depends on your weight, metabolism, and many other factors. I wouldn't go over 50g per meal.

Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435
    Depends on your weight, metabolism, and many other factors. I wouldn't go over 50g per meal.
    Hmm, well referring to the old "bulking sticky" where there were 3 pro/carb meals, and one of the meals bein PWO (2:1 ratio of 80:40), a person would only consume 180gr. of carbs a day.

I would think for bulkin this isnt nearly enough??

-ost

You don't have to only have 3 pro/carb meals. The old sticky was just a copy and paste of the cutting one with few revisions...

BTW, You can bulk with 0 carbs...

You don't have to only have 3 pro/carb meals. The old sticky was just a copy and paste of the cutting one with few revisions...

BTW, You can bulk with 0 carbs...
    What would you replenish glycogen levels with post workout, bulkin with 0 carbs???

Nonworkout days 0g carbs, workout days 80g carbs is enough to bulk..

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    If you choose carbs that are low on the glycemic index you can consume a lot more of them. Low GI carbs produce a lower level of insulin secretion but for a longer period of time. This basically means you can consume more lower GI carbs without the fear of increased fat storage.

Other factors: insulin sensitivity, testosterone levels , T3, T4, and so on, and so on...

Nonworkout days 0g carbs, workout days 80g carbs is enough to bulk..
    Do you personally actually follow this for bulk? Im sure scientifically, it can be proven to gain mass, but lets be real, how many people actually follow this? And what does their progress look like? There isnt even any ppwo carbs. I intake more carbs then this while cutting. Im not lookin for anyone to prove me wrong by sayin you dont need carbs to bulk. Im look for opinions on how many grams of carbs per meal, roughly, a person can intake while still meeting macro requirements.

I do appreciate your opinion though,

-ost

Thread Information