Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member

Protein shakes, dextrose, and blue berries.

I read in Men's Health that blue berries are really good for you. Not sure why but that not the point either. My question is if for a PWO shake could i have vanilla protein, mix with some dex, and then throw in blue berries. Or would that be too much sugar for a PWO Shake?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Seems fine to me.

~SC~

seesamplay is offline Junior Member

shakey shake

Sorry to say that I have absent for quite some time. I'm sure that no one here noticed, but nonetheless, I've missed the wealth of information. I'm on the road with my new job most of the time, but I finally am getting back in the gym.

I was using 50% maltodextrin and 50% dextrose PWO. I see recent posts from SC and others opting for dextrose and protein.

1. Is maltodextrin necessary?
    2. Should I add creatine to the PWO shake?
    3. Glutamine?
    4. Anything else?

I am getting 50g protein w/n one hour in the form of an EAS myoplex shake.

5. Is it better to take in my protein in the form of whey in the PWO shake immediately upon completion of last set?

Thanks in advance. I am buying dextrose, etc. this week, so whatever I need, I would like to get it all at once.

Sam

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    first off. .start your own thread next time bro.
    second. . what are your goals, bulk, cut, what?

Quote Originally Posted by seesamplay
    Sorry to say that I have absent for quite some time. I'm sure that no one here noticed, but nonetheless, I've missed the wealth of information. I'm on the road with my new job most of the time, but I finally am getting back in the gym.

I was using 50% maltodextrin and 50% dextrose PWO. I see recent posts from SC and others opting for dextrose and protein.
    I HAVE ALWAYS USED DEX AND HAVNT FELT I AM MISSING OUT ON NETHING BY NOT GETTING MALTO

1. Is maltodextrin necessary?IMO. . NO
    2. Should I add creatine to the PWO shake?IF YOUR BULKING AND YOU WANT TO TAKE CREATINE GO AHEAD. . IF YOUR CUTTING I DONT RECOMMEND IT B/C OF THE BLOAT
    3. Glutamine?AGAIN IMO NOT NECESSARY
    4. Anything else?

I am getting 50g protein w/n one hour in the form of an EAS myoplex shake.
    EAS IS GARBAGE GET SOME WHEY

5. Is it better to take in my protein in the form of whey in the PWO shake immediately upon completion of last set?YYUP. . WITH YOUR DEX 2:1 CARB:PRO RATIO

Thanks in advance. I am buying dextrose, etc. this week, so whatever I need, I would like to get it all at once.

Sam

tonight is offline Junior Member
    2. Should I add creatine to the PWO shake?
    3. Glutamine?

5. Is it better to take in my protein in the form of whey in the PWO shake immediately upon completion of last set?
    LOL it would've been best for you to start another thread but here goes anyway. I'll tackle the above questions.

2. I take the creatine separate. Just my preference. Don't think there's a right or wrong answer so long as you take it. Creatine absorption peaks PWO.
    3. Glutamine is unnecessary to add PWO because whey already has plenty of it. If you're not having a protein shake, then add it, though.
    4. Yes, whey is fast absorbing and you want to exploit the fact that your heightened window of protein absorption PWO. But your quesiton "is it better" implies that you mean "is it better than ___" What are you trying to compare whey to?

seesamplay is offline Junior Member
    First of all, thanks for both responses. Sorry to both of you for hijacking the thread. It's just that Deacon's post made me think of my question, so I fired a response without calculating the repercussions.

1. My original and most pressing question was answered regarding the dextrose or dextrose/maltodextrin - it really doesn't matter whether I go 50g-50g-50g (malto,dextrose,whey) or 100g-50g (dextrose,whey), right?

2. I'm bulking, so I'll thorw in 5-10g creatine.

3. I don't need glutamine I guess.

5. I'll add the whey protein in the pwo shake taken after the last set before I leave the gym instead of waiting until I get home and getting my protein in the form of an EAS meal replacement shake

Thanks,

Sam

bubbathegut is offline Member
    i like boo berries

harrypooter is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Deacon
    I read in Men's Health that blue berries are really good for you. Not sure why but that not the point either. My question is if for a PWO shake could i have vanilla protein, mix with some dex, and then throw in blue berries. Or would that be too much sugar for a PWO Shake?
    antioxidants bro. how about some r-ala instead?

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seesamplay
    It's just that Deacon's post made me think

Thanks,

Sam
    Glad I can get you thinking again

Thread Information