Thread: which ones???

hotrod1 is offline Associate Member

which ones???

i wanna know what a postworkout meal should look like,.....like a shake and what???????? can you all just list some good postworkout meals that are awesome.

thanx

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    do you want a PWO shake to take in within 15 mins after your lift or do you want the meal that follows that 45 mins later?

well to know both would be awesome bro.........hook me up wit the info man

thanx

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    the ppwo meal really can depend on whether you are bulking or cutting. But PWO, you want to take in about 40g whey with 80g dextrose or some other form of simple carbohydrate. No more than an hour and half after that you want to take in some sort of lean protein and complex carbohydrate (for me it is a large chicken breast, and medium sweet potato)....yummy.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Where are people getting 40 whey and 80 dextrose?

Is this for a 145 lb. person as well as a 260 lb. person? Just curious, as I see this "ratio" thrown around all the time to everyone, and surely everyone does not have the same exact stats.

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Is this for a 145 lb. person as well as a 260 lb. person? Just curious, as I see this "ratio" thrown around all the time to everyone, and surely everyone does not have the same exact stats.

~SC~

Yea I agree...... Elliot and I were talking about this the other day. There is no need for a smaller person to use 80g of dextrose. I myself am about 190 pounds and I only use 25g of protein & 51g of dextrose and I have been growing just fine.

<<LMO>>

well im trying to cut and i weigh about 175 right now what should the ratio be???????????? and what other carbs are coo to take in? (specific)

tthanx

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod1
    well im trying to cut and i weigh about 175 right now what should the ratio be???????????? and what other carbs are coo to take in? (specific)

tthanx
    well PWO you really only want dextrose and whey. . .as far as how much i cant tell you but i can suggest you start off with 25 whey and 50 dex. But this is just a startin point, u may need to add/reduce depending on how you feel.

as for ppwo i always go with a lean protein (chicken breast or tuna) and a low GI carb like oatmeal, rice, potatoes, yams.

try some different things out, to each his own

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    I just throw out the 40/80 because I know that it is a sufficient amount of protein without going into a surplus of protein. Then I throw out the 80 for the 2:1 ratio. I always figure too much is better than too little....but I'm bulking.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    I just throw out the 40/80 because I know that it is a sufficient amount of protein without going into a surplus of protein. Then I throw out the 80 for the 2:1 ratio. I always figure too much is better than too little....but I'm bulking.

Personally at your size I think it is too much. I weigh a little more than you and I use less dextrose / whey and still get results. If you aren't putting on any fat then keep doing it, but I would think a little less would work jsut as well for ya

<<LMO>>

Its easy to just use 1/2 a cup. I've been doing it for a while and haven't put much fat on. However when I was cutting I only used about 50 grams.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    Its easy to just use 1/2 a cup. I've been doing it for a while and haven't put much fat on. However when I was cutting I only used about 50 grams.

51g of dextrose is a 1/3 of a cup. Just as easy if you have measuring cups

But yea I hear ya on the bulking thing. I saw your pics and you look good bro, just keep doing whatever you are doing

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    51g of dextrose is a 1/3 of a cup. Just as easy if you have measuring cups

But yea I hear ya on the bulking thing. I saw your pics and you look good bro, just keep doing whatever you are doing

<<LMO>>
    Thanks bro.

Thread Information