Beernutz is offline Member

Rice portions????

I have always counted my rice 1/2 cup 1 cup or watever my amount is when the rice is uncooked. Like if i ate 1 cup of rice i would always make it 1 cup dry uncooked rice. Is this right or does 1 cup of rice mean 1 cup cooked. Ive been increasing my carbs slowly because im starting a clean bulk and i just noticed that 1 cup of rice is a hell of alot of rice once its cooked.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    I have always counted my rice 1/2 cup 1 cup or watever my amount is when the rice is uncooked. Like if i ate 1 cup of rice i would always make it 1 cup dry uncooked rice. Is this right or does 1 cup of rice mean 1 cup cooked. Ive been increasing my carbs slowly because im starting a clean bulk and i just noticed that 1 cup of rice is a hell of alot of rice once its cooked.

Read your packet of rice..... usually 1/4 cup uncooked is a serving, and it makes 3/4 cup cooked. Rice expands a lot...

<<LMO>>

general31 is offline Associate Member
    No. !/2 cup uncooked rice is equal to 2/3 cup cooked. So when you use 1 cup uncooked you are at about 1 1/3 cooked.

so in the cutting sticky when it says 1/2 cup of rice what does that mean cooked or uncooked.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    so in the cutting sticky when it says 1/2 cup of rice what does that mean cooked or uncooked.

Probably cooked.... since the example diet is only 130g of carbs, that would mean 80 from dextrose, 27 from oatmeal, and 23 from the brown rice.

<<LMO>>

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    so if im measuring 1/2 uncooked, im actually eating more than my goal in carbs? more than 1/2 cup rice? what would be the measurment in a measuring cup to eqaul 1/2 rice cooked, if measuring for 1/2 a cup?

TrIBOL

i say like a little less then half the dried amount. So like 1/4 cups because rice blows up when you cook like double the size if not more.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Read the label on your box of rice. Every brand seems to be slightly different. Some expands by 2 (1/2 cup dry = 1 cup cooked), some expand by 3, and some only expand by 1.5

Nino99GT is offline New Member
    Calorieking.com has the values cooked or uncooked. 7oz. cooked brown rice is 44.7 carbs, according to that.

Thread Information