Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer

Quik fat and protein question...

Hey guys, I work at nights doing security so I usually bring a few protein shakes with me. When Im at work I usually have 2 protein shakes within the 6 hours I am there for (one at the 3rd hour, and one at the 6th hour when im about to go home). But each protein shake has 4.5g of fat in it. Now my question is; Is this bad as I will be consuming 9g of fat within 6hrs I am there for? I am not bulking or cutting at the moment, I am just trying to maintain how I look for now before I start bulking. By the way my diet during the day is very good/clean, and the only fats I consume are the ones that are needed by my body. Thanx

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member

why would the fat be bad? if anything you need to add more fat to each shake? how many carbs are in the shakes?

at night you shold be having a pro/fat meal, so you would be better off having no carbs and a tbsp of flax in the shake bro!

Yeah i totally understand that, and i do agree with the fact that you need to consume fats as some stage. But I really seem to be gettin much better results when I take my fats during the day, and after about 8pm only carbs and protein. Just the way my body reacts I suppose, i dont know. The shake that I have contains 4.5g fat, 4g carbs and 40g protein.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Protein alone is never a good idea. You'd get better results/absorption including some fats w/that shake.

~SC~

Ahh ok, well in that case i got nothing to worry about then. I was just asking coz i am really fat sensative, and if I have a little bit of fat at the wrong time then i suddnley feel and look like and fat bastard haha. But what you said about "absortion" makes perfect sense. Thanx for the info swole

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Fat sensative? interesting....i would say some flax oil would be a good addition because the ratios in it are healthy fats with no trans or saturated fats. the body needs the fats in them. I used to fear eating high fat diet as well then i lost 30 lbs on one. I would try it out with flax and if you find yourself getting flabby then take the dose down a bit, but you do want something to slow absorption.

Thread Information