BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Already Bitten by the "bulking bug"...anyone care to critique?

I obviously won't be going directly from my current cutting diet into this one without a nice and gradual ease into it to keep my body from flipping out, but, when it comes time to begin my bulking season, which will be 'au naturale', this is the diet I plan to follow. As soon as I go on, it is my intention to simply add 10 grams of whey to each "in between shake" (more on that below) and perhaps some small amount of carbs to said shake as well to up my calories. Nothing will differ in the foundation between being "off" and "on" other than that approach to calorie increase.

Anyway, what follows is for a *workout day*

7:30 a.m. - "Banana Bread Bulking Shake": 1-1.25 cups of oats, banana, 50 grams chocolate whey or "Blueberry Delight Bulking Shake": 1-1.25 cups of oats, 1 cup blueberries, 50 grams vanilla whey...alternating on preference each morn.

8:45 a.m. - "In Betweener": 2g creatine, 2g Glutamine, 2g BCAAs, 10g whey

10:00 a.m. - 8 egg whites and 4 whole eggs

11:15 a.m. - "In Betweener"

12:30 p.m. - 1.5 cups whole wheat past and 2 chicken breasts

2:00 p.m. - WORKOUT

3:00 p.m. - PWO I: 120grams of carbs in dextrose form, 60 grams whey protein, 10grams glutamine, 10 grams creatine.

4:15 p.m. - PWO II: 1.5 cups white rice and 2 chicken breasts

5:15 p.m. - "In Betweener"

6:30 p.m. - 12oz lean beef and 2 tbsp natty peanut butter

7:45 p.m. - "In Betweener"

9:00 p.m. - can of tuna (good for 40g pro) and 1/2 cup almonds

10:15 p.m. - "In Betweener"

11:15 p.m. - "Bedtime Concoction": Glycerlean or casien protein with ZMA and Glutamine

haven't dissected the numbers yet, but I beleive they'll put me where I want to be within a very acceptable range...though I'll tweak as necessary. As I mentioned, while "on", my plan is to adjust simply by adding 10g whey to the in betweener and possibly a few (10-20??) grams worth of carbs in some form as well.

Okay, rip away.

Nino99GT is offline New Member
    i would change white rice for brown. Just curious what is "whole wheat past" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nino99GT
    i would change white rice for brown. Just curious what is "whole wheat past" ?
    For PPWO, i prefer the simpler carb choice for quicker digestion. Whole wheat pasta is basically to pasta what whole wheat bread is to bread - it has not gone through the megaprocessing that destroys much of the nutritional value and results in a higher GI.

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    All in all it looks alright bro. You're not mixing any fats and carbs, and still getting a good number of calories. I do agree that brown rice would be better, but it's up to you. You ought to stay pretty anabolic eating every 1-1.5 hours.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Curious where you heard about the "In Betweener". Interesting concept.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I don't see a need for any "in between" meals. Just make the meals you do eat every 2 to 2.5 hours complete and the appropriate size.

~SC~

**** thats a hella lota food, good luck hope your stomach doesnt explode lol.

Fame is offline Junior Member
    I see about 8 hours in a row there w/ no food or protein If your going 'hardcore', set that alarm for 2-3 am and fit another snack or atleast protein shake in there...balls out right...and im sure i'll get flamed for this, but i like to see more meat in a bulking diet...where's the steaks!

He's eating 4 chicken breasts, 12 ounces of beef, and a can of tuna (all meat) a day. Seems pretty good to me.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    He's eating 4 chicken breasts, 12 ounces of beef, and a can of tuna (all meat) a day. Seems pretty good to me.

same thing i was thinking...?

Fame is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    eh, i missed that beef, my bad........plus those fish guts arent real meat! lol,jk

i withdraw my original objection

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    For the first time BG I can't find a reason to argue with you...over all it looks pretty good.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    what are you thinking about useing as an "in betweener"?

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    what are you thinking about useing as an "in betweener"?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot

lol...cool...didnt see that

lol...cool...didnt see that

sorry for the hijack but cs how tall are you and how much do you weight?

sorry for the hijack but cs how tall are you and how much do you weight?
    im 5'11''-6'0'' and 212 last night, and triming down..why you ask?

im 5'11''-6'0'' and 212 last night, and triming down..why you ask?
    just wondering im 220 at 6'1 and im cutting down to like 200 hopefully.. someday..

just wondering im 220 at 6'1 and im cutting down to like 200 hopefully.. someday..
    thats what im looking for also...190-200 and ill be pretty **** solid

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    For the first time BG I can't find a reason to argue with you...over all it looks pretty good.
    OMG, you're alive!! Wow it's good to see you even though you changed to a more 'serious' avatar. Now I feel compelled to add a cartoon to mine. At any rate, I remember having a big discussion with you where I was sold on the higher GI carb not only for PWO (in basically it's highest GI form, ie dextrose) but for PWOII (though not to the same degree as dextrose...thus the white rice). I've been utilizing that nto while cutting, but while bulking, and it seems to satiate that PWO feeling you get before you first PWO shake (which I've always taken to mean that the body is starving for replenishment) quicker than brown rice or a similar carb source. I'm shocked at the number of people in this thread already who seem to dismiss that notion and insist brown rice is better. I won't, of course, be utilizing white rice in ANY meal other than PWOII....maybe i wasn't clear on that?

At any rate, good to see ya back, and PM me sometime letting me know if you finally made it to my neck of the woods.

I see where your are coming from as far as the higher GI pwoII as well. Personally I don't use either, I use yams. But white rice is alot less useful to your body than the brown rice, that is why the majority will suggest brown rice.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I don't see a need for any "in between" meals. Just make the meals you do eat every 2 to 2.5 hours complete and the appropriate size.

~SC~
    While you certainly know more than me when it comes to this stuff, I've always believed that, let's say 3000 kcal taken in in the form of one big meal is drastically inferior for our goals than that same 3000kcal taken in gradually over the course of 6 meals...something no one here would really disagree with. I, however, have long maintained that there is no real magic cutoff at six, and that on the opposite end of the spectrum, ie, 3000kcal divided into 16 very small meals every hour on the hour (save for PWO which would need to be larger) we would have the ideal...were it not for the infringing of "real life" on this plan. As such, I've been a believer in trying to have my meals mimic a continuous IV drop of sorts towards that end. The "in betweener" (which I've heard tossed around for about a year now by several guys who know their stuff) seems an ideal way to strike that balance without having it become a terrible inconvenience. I personally know of two guys who went from six meals a day to ten, with the same net calories ingested, but with that increased division and frequency making all the difference for them. No idea if that holds true for everyone, or if it will end up holding true for me, but i'm certainly open to giving it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    While you certainly know more than me when it comes to this stuff, I've always believed that, let's say 3000 kcal taken in in the form of one big meal is drastically inferior for our goals than that same 3000kcal taken in gradually over the course of 6 meals...something no one here would really disagree with. I, however, have long maintained that there is no real magic cutoff at six, and that on the opposite end of the spectrum, ie, 3000kcal divided into 16 very small meals every hour on the hour (save for PWO which would need to be larger) we would have the ideal...were it not for the infringing of "real life" on this plan. As such, I've been a believer in trying to have my meals mimic a continuous IV drop of sorts towards that end. The "in betweener" (which I've heard tossed around for about a year now by several guys who know their stuff) seems an ideal way to strike that balance without having it become a terrible inconvenience. I personally know of two guys who went from six meals a day to ten, with the same net calories ingested, but with that increased division and frequency making all the difference for them. No idea if that holds true for everyone, or if it will end up holding true for me, but i'm certainly open to giving it a try.

I don't think Swole was saying it was wrong, just that it's not necessary. I hear what you're saying and agree with your theory. I'd just find it terribly inconvenient.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    I don't think Swole was saying it was wrong, just that it's not necessary. I hear what you're saying and agree with your theory. I'd just find it terribly inconvenient.
    Oh, i agree, I don't think for a second he thoght it'd be detrimental, but I'm just wondering how adamant he is in his belief that it's not exactly worth the inconvenience trade off. I happen to believe it is, but am smart enough to realize when someone is more informed than me and, thus, would like to know from where they get their conclusions.

eacman65 is offline Member
    sounds like a good bulker, the more the better hahah

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    OMG, you're alive!! Wow it's good to see you even though you changed to a more 'serious' avatar. Now I feel compelled to add a cartoon to mine. At any rate, I remember having a big discussion with you where I was sold on the higher GI carb not only for PWO (in basically it's highest GI form, ie dextrose) but for PWOII (though not to the same degree as dextrose...thus the white rice). I've been utilizing that nto while cutting, but while bulking, and it seems to satiate that PWO feeling you get before you first PWO shake (which I've always taken to mean that the body is starving for replenishment) quicker than brown rice or a similar carb source. I'm shocked at the number of people in this thread already who seem to dismiss that notion and insist brown rice is better. I won't, of course, be utilizing white rice in ANY meal other than PWOII....maybe i wasn't clear on that?

At any rate, good to see ya back, and PM me sometime letting me know if you finally made it to my neck of the woods.
    Good to see that you remember a few things I brought up.... overall brown rice is better but I myself prefer the white rice in my pwo meals... for reasons you've already explained. If ya need or want some ehlp tweeking your diet I'm sure between the advice given by Swole and myself we can work out any bugs that might arise brother.

Good to see that you remember a few things I brought up.... overall brown rice is better but I myself prefer the white rice in my pwo meals... for reasons you've already explained. If ya need or want some ehlp tweeking your diet I'm sure between the advice given by Swole and myself we can work out any bugs that might arise brother.
    Yeah, the rest of us don't know a **** thing.

LMAO!!!! I didn't mean it like that.... I've helped out many of fine AR folks with their diet and have learned a thing or two over the years living this life style.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Guess not

<<LMO>>

LMAO!!!! I didn't mean it like that.... I've helped out many of fine AR folks with their diet and have learned a thing or two over the years living this life style.
    No worries dude. I'm just in a ball-busting mood this afternoon.

Looks like you're an OG but have been absent for a while. It's good to add more to the Diet Forum Posse.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Looks like you're an OG but have been absent for a while. It's good to add more to the Diet Forum Posse.

I agree

<<LMO>>

Yeah I've been out of the picture for quite awhile, but I'm back for good now. Thanks for the props.... and I do help anyone that is needing it. Just ask around and I'm sure you'll run into quite a few people on here that I've helped tweek their diets....

eacman65 is offline Member
    hey how many hot-dogs did that guy eat this year?

Quote Originally Posted by eacman65
    hey how many hot-dogs did that guy eat this year?
    53.5 in 12 minutes.

Thread Information