Beernutz is offline Member

Angry 3600kcals and i still cant gain weight...

Ok guys this is starting to get pretty frustrating. I started my bulking at 183lbs and its been about 3 weeks now and my weight is 184lbs. I gained that 1 pound in the first week but the last 2 weeks i havent gained any weight. What should i do guys. Should i be more patient, add more carbs, or just add 400kcals this week.

My current macros on training dayz:

p=285 c=263 f=116g

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Slowly increase it by a couple hundred kcals a day? That might work.

Im just no sure if i should increase. Im only 184lbs i should be able to gain with that many kcals. I dunno maybe my metabolism is just nutz.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    this is strange bro. esp b/c i know you got the nutrient timeing down. i was 190 and got up to 216 natty in 3 months on 3100. when i got stuck at 210 after month 2 i just started to add more carbs in meal one and PPWO. Also, whats your cardio look like?

-DCB-

i do 30 min 3 times a week. I dunno bro you must have a much slower metabolism then me.

Yeah, aparently you have a ridiculous metabolism.. Maybe cut cardio to just 2 days a week and increase carbs like DCB suggested?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Decrease the cardio, and try adding a little more protein and carbs. I weigh 190 and Fitday figured my basal metabolic rate without cardio to be around 3500... Weird...

i would just icrease everything man little by a little, 1/4 cup oatmeal here, 2 more eggwhites there, ect ect

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    i would just icrease everything man little by a little, 1/4 cup oatmeal here, 2 more eggwhites there, ect ect

Definetly a good idea. If you still don't see results after a week or more of adding the carbs/protein/kcals then come back and we'll all try to help you figure something out bro. Goodluck.

weightshead is offline Associate Member
    do you have previous good results from that c/p/f ratio?

in your position id up just the carbs by about 100g per day everyday. i don't know how big your pwo meal is by id try and stick them in there.

if your in a colorie surplus every day aside from your morning meal and and pre and pwo meals, i realy dont think nutrient timing has much of an effect, just get the calories down your neck...

good luck

k_dogg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    Im just no sure if i should increase. Im only 184lbs i should be able to gain with that many kcals. I dunno maybe my metabolism is just nutz.
    i used to think i had a crazy metabolism and i couldnt grow. its just a matter of not eating enough. now i dont count calories anymore. Just eat. when i stopped worrying about figures i went from 164lbs to 186lbs in about 3 months without having to drop back a hole on my belt

make sure your resting and not overtraining. if your not getting the required rest you wont grow. if you train to much you wont grow. diet is one important factor but there are others

thanks guys i really appreciate the help. I only get about 6-7 hours of sleep per night because of my work and such. There really isnt anything more i can go about that because i already go to bed at 10:30pm everynight any earlier and i dont think i would fall asleep.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    You have to up your carbs... I suggest you lower your fat intake to around 90g and up your carbs to around 300-350.

yeah man up them carbs. always gets me out of a rut when i stop gaining

ya im gonna try that guys thanks.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    your protein is incredibly low. I would up it to 400g.

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    that would be way more then twice his body weight, i disagree

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    400g of protein? I dont know how anyones body can utilize that much protein unless they are using AAS. Thats almost like 60g of protein per meal. Not trying to knock your suggestion just curious as to why you think i need that much protein.

Nino99GT is offline New Member
    I ran into the same problem last year with my bulk, and i just brought my carbs up slowly about 300-500 cals and then i started gaining again. Also 400g protein for your body weight does seem high, but if you did that you would definity start gaining.

SaTyR is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    Ok guys this is starting to get pretty frustrating. I started my bulking at 183lbs and its been about 3 weeks now and my weight is 184lbs. I gained that 1 pound in the first week but the last 2 weeks i havent gained any weight. What should i do guys. Should i be more patient, add more carbs, or just add 400kcals this week.

My current macros on training dayz:

p=285 c=263 f=116g
    TO MUCH fat for someone you weight !! Eat less fat and more Protein and Carbs.

Thread Information