Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer

Quik question regarding nutrition...

As far as I know, our body can take around 40g of both protein and carbs per meal. Anymore then around 40g is a waste. So how do people eat like 500g of carbs per day, and about 300g of protein? When we say no more then 40g of both protein and carbs per meal, do we mean this for an average natural body that doesnt train? Or does this count for every1 no matter the size or weight? A while ago I was told that Ronnie Coleman eats about 100g of carbs, and 80g of protein per meal. Anyway, 40g of both protein and carbs per meal, is that for everbody?

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    its about an average man. But it is different for every person, some can take in 80 others can only handle 30 or so. also you can take in more and use more when you are on AS. hence mr. coleman taking in that much. b/c he is prob on 2-3 grams of test a week

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS......

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    As far as I know, our body can take around 40g of both protein and carbs per meal. NOPE.

Anymore then around 40g is a waste. NOPE. I TAKE 60, AND GET SHREDDED TO ALL H*LL EATING 6-7 TIMES A DAY. I DON'T FEEL THOSE 20 GRAMS EACH TIME X 6 = 120 GRAMS OF PRO. IS BEING WASTED. IF IT WERE, I'D BE SUFFERING ILL EFFECTS FROM TOO MUCH PRO, MUSCLE WASTING, NOT LOSING ADIPOSE TISSUE, ETC.

So how do people eat like 500g of carbs per day, and about 300g of protein? When we say no more then 40g of both protein and carbs per meal, do we mean this for an average natural body that doesnt train? YEAH, YOUR NORMAL 180 LB. MAN W/NO BODY BASICALLY.

Or does this count for every1 no matter the size or weight? A while ago I was told that Ronnie Coleman eats about 100g of carbs, and 80g of protein per meal. Anyway, 40g of both protein and carbs per meal, is that for everbody?
    Coleman and many others eat an (_____!_____) load more than that. There is no 1 right amount here. You simply have to find what works for you as an individual.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 07-05-2004 at 08:29 AM.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Ok ok thanx for the info

Steroids101 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    As far as I know, our body can take around 40g of both protein and carbs per meal. Anymore then around 40g is a waste. So how do people eat like 500g of carbs per day, and about 300g of protein? When we say no more then 40g of both protein and carbs per meal, do we mean this for an average natural body that doesnt train? Or does this count for every1 no matter the size or weight? A while ago I was told that Ronnie Coleman eats about 100g of carbs, and 80g of protein per meal. Anyway, 40g of both protein and carbs per meal, is that for everbody?
    Your body can absorb as many carbs as you put eat, it may take a while, but it will eventually work its way into either adapocytes or myocytes.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    CAPS......

Coleman and many others eat an (_____!_____) load more than that. There is no 1 right amount here. You simply have to find what works for you as an individual.

~SC~
    You can eat 60g within 2-3 hours without the ill effects correct?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    You can eat 60g within 2-3 hours without the ill effects correct?
    I can, yes.

~SC~

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    This is one of the most common questions asked in the diet forum and it really points out why so many "One Size Fits All" diet programs are full of crap. One diet CAN'T suit all people. There are general philosophies that you need to know in order to make them work, but there are too many individual factors involved in order to say that someone should take X grams of protein per bodyweight, etc. People hate the answer, but the answer to so many questions that are asked is "it depends". That's why it's essential that you pay close attention to what you put into your body and monitor how your body responds. If you are not able to do that, then you may have to hire someone to do it for you (that person is not Dr. Phil).

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I can, yes.

~SC~
    I meant, hypothetically, most of us can...not just you 'hayzus' bwahahah
    That thread was hilarious btw

Thread Information