VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member

College Food sucks!!!!

Our college paper just did an investigation of the burgers that are offered in our cafe - and get this:

One burger = 530 calories
    you know how many calories are in the burgers at McDonalds and Burger King? Their numbers are around 320 calories.

WTF is that? How can ANY school justify serving such crap. The burgers are the same size a a regular burger at McDonalds too. Pisses me off. All they serve is processed proteins and high calorie carbs. Everything is saturated in butter or fried in oil. Humm, I wonder why the freshman 15 exist. I can't wait to leave this place and start eating food with some sort of nutrition. At least they can't buy garbage milk. Although if there was a way, I'm sure they would.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Ahhhhhh I remember my old college days....have fun finding good campus food Vegeta990 !

lil_josh is offline Junior Member
    this scares the shit out of me, I will be going to college next year, I don't want to eat that shit

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by lil_josh
    this scares the shit out of me, I will be going to college next year, I don't want to eat that shit
    My advice to you:
    Do not go to any schools at an open house, they will kiss your a** the whole day. Schedule a private tour and visit a lot of schools. Ask to see the gym, the dorms, and go to the cafe - eat lunch there and if possible, dinner too. It will be a pain in the a** but you're gonna be there for 4 years so do your research.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    When I was in colledge at Auburn the caferteria had a buffea bar that served vegetables and at least 2 kinds of cooked meat. I personnally loved it.

Fif the Great is offline Associate Member
    I eat Chick'fil'A chargrilled chicken sandwiches at my college. I'm on scholarship so I get $400 a semester to eat on. Sometimes I can get a turkey sandwich or tuna salad. But they mainly serve shit burgers, fries, and pizza. Not for me...

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Bro our caff is no better trust me. The only healthy thing they serve here is salad.
    I only eat there when I absoultly have to....

M

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Fif, i have a few friends who go to your school. I like chick-fil-a as well. we have it hear at my school, but i haven't eaten there since soph. or jun. year. i remember they had a great grilled chicken sandwich.
    Peace

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    our school caf sucks too. i faked a medical excuse so i can save the money and go to the grocery store every week and buy GOOD food that is healthy.

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    i goto college at home so don't gotta worry about that!! but i did dorm last semester at Oneonta in NY and the food was absolutely garbage!! i was 160lbs when i went up and came back 135lbs...now im 153 and slowly rising back up...i couldn't eat at college because i had burgers fries and pasta for lunch and dinner and i never made it to breakfast because it was too early...i have a real fast metabolism and not eating alot in one day will cost me about 3-4 lbs. which means it's that hard to gain 3-4 lbs for me...but im workin on it..

Thread Information