Thread: Cardio

JT2k is offline Associate Member

Cardio

how much is 2 much... ? i been doing morning and night the night time exercises usually 2 hours after i lift.... and i usually do distance swimming 1500 meters. Any dangers in doing this while on a cutting diet?

jt.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    2 hours??????? twice a day???? thats def alot bro
    45-60 mins in the AM on an empty stomach keeping your HR between 65-75%. 6-7 days a week while cutting

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JT2k
    Any dangers in doing this while on a cutting diet?

jt.

Muscle loss......

<<LMO>>

if u go over that heart rate range are u more likely to eat muscle? Dude that will be trying to learn a fine art if i have to stay in that range.

Well as Sally says sacrifice today for a better 2morrow.

thanks bros.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JT2k
    if u go over that heart rate range are u more likely to eat muscle? Dude that will be trying to learn a fine art if i have to stay in that range.

Well as Sally says sacrifice today for a better 2morrow.

thanks bros.
    nething over that and you start to sacrifice muscle yes. if you cant get on a tredmill and dont want to buy a HR monitor then go ghetto and take your pulse on your wriste every few mins

LOL naw i have a heart rate monitor... just im so used to doing alot of pt its hard to pull back... but appreciate it...

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I love to run and even though I may sacricife muscle loss I make up for it by having 300grams of protein a day and taking glutamine before I go to sleep with my shake and in the morning before the cardio.

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Muscle loss......

<<LMO>>
    Right

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    would cardio 5 times a week in the am for 45 mins at fat burning heart rate be too much while on PCT?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    Personally, I love to run and even though I may sacricife muscle loss I make up for it by having 300grams of protein a day and taking glutamine before I go to sleep with my shake and in the morning before the cardio.
    Eating protein/glutamine does not mean your body all of a sudden won't become catabolic due to running. Once you are catabolic and over that fat burning level, there is nothing you can do to spare lean mass. Nothing you eat or supplement with will help. Once it's gone, it's gone. Unless you quit running and build it back up.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Eating protein/glutamine does not mean your body all of a sudden won't become catabolic due to running. Once you are catabolic and over that fat burning level, there is nothing you can do to spare lean mass. Nothing you eat or supplement with will help. Once it's gone, it's gone. Unless you quit running and build it back up.

~SC~

what if you run and your heart rate is still within your target heart rate zone for fat burning? i would think that you can do whatever you want run, jog or brisk walk as long as your heart rate is in the magic 65-75% of MHR? thanks

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    what if you run and your heart rate is still within your target heart rate zone for fat burning? i would think that you can do whatever you want run, jog or brisk walk as long as your heart rate is in the magic 65-75% of MHR? thanks
    This is a bit of a loaded question and I've been reading up a little on it. If Swole or anyone else wants to disagree or add to it, I'm all for it.

Yes, you can do whatever you want to get into the "magic" zone of 65-75% for fat burning. But you also need to be careful of how much physical effort you're putting on your muscles. Some people that run for cardio find that it's too much of an effort on their legs. The glycogen in their leg muscles are depleted and they become catabolic.

Does that make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    This is a bit of a loaded question and I've been reading up a little on it. If Swole or anyone else wants to disagree or add to it, I'm all for it.

Yes, you can do whatever you want to get into the "magic" zone of 65-75% for fat burning. But you also need to be careful of how much physical effort you're putting on your muscles. Some people that run for cardio find that it's too much of an effort on their legs. The glycogen in their leg muscles are depleted and they become catabolic.

Does that make any sense?
    it makes sense. problem is i cannot get my heart rate between 115-135bpm without having to jog. the speed i use is in the treadmill is 7-7.5. if i go below this my heart rate immediately plummets.

it makes sense. problem is i cannot get my heart rate between 115-135bpm without having to jog. the speed i use is in the treadmill is 7-7.5. if i go below this my heart rate immediately plummets.
    You'll have to see how that affects you. Another option is pedalling fast on the bike with little resistance.

You'll have to see how that affects you. Another option is pedalling fast on the bike with little resistance.
    i never use the bikes, im always at the treadmill. lets say i had the same fat burning heart rate for both which would be better choice to prevent catabolism, speed 6 incline 5 OR speed 7.5 incline 0?

i never use the bikes, im always at the treadmill. lets say i had the same fat burning heart rate for both which would be better choice to prevent catabolism, speed 6 incline 5 OR speed 7.5 incline 0?
    No idea. If you held a gun to my head, I'd guess option B.

No idea. If you held a gun to my head, I'd guess option B.

option b it is! thanks bro

brian11 is offline Member
    Also, its probably not a great idea to run after lifting since pwo nutrition is different than post cardio nutrition. For instance you want to eat protein/sugar after lifting, but not after running since your muscles will be craving the rush of nutrients, the sugar wont be stored as fat. Anyway, just a thought. If you are trying to run twice a day then it probably means you arent being patient while cutting. You dont get big or skinny in a week. So just be patient.

-B-

i'm in love with your avatar, brian.

pvgirl08 is offline Female Member
    Def watch out for doing too much cardio! I was doing about 2 hours a day and lifting and i lost about 10 lbs but stayed the same bf. Yup lost all muscle! 45-60 min a day should be sufficient.

I'm in love with my avatar/gf too

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    I'm in love with my avatar/gf too
    You oughtta watch her bro. I hate to be the one to tel you this, but everywhere I go on this board I see her, and she's always staring at me with that same little grin. I think she's got the hots for me

Well what can i say. Thats the price you pay for having a hott ass gf. But i know who shes f*ckin every night so its ok with me!

-B-

Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    Well what can i say. Thats the price you pay for having a hott ass gf. But i know who shes f*ckin every night so its ok with me!

-B-
    And I'm glad you're OK with it too, dude. BTW, she says hi and wants you to make chicken for dinner after I send her home.

And I'm glad you're OK with it too, dude. BTW, she says hi and wants you to make chicken for dinner after I send her home.

LMAO

you're a bad man, bad man

-B-

Thread Information