Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gettin fat

sauceman is offline Junior Member

gettin fat

hey bros, im currently on a bulking cycle and i am gaing a considerable amount of fat. i am not one of those guys that thinks he can eat whatever he want either. i have a very slow metabolism, im getting huge but so is my gut. im depressed all the time now. i follow my diet daily but am having trouble with cravings...all i want to do is eat. this may sound like a good thing to many but im gettin fat. do i drop the carbs or fats. another thing that doesnt help is that my ppwo is around 9 oclock at night. i know carbs at this meal are important, any other options besides working out at a different time of the day?
    thanks

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by sauceman
    hey bros, im currently on a bulking cycle and i am gaing a considerable amount of fat. i am not one of those guys that thinks he can eat whatever he want either. i have a very slow metabolism, im getting huge but so is my gut. im depressed all the time now. i follow my diet daily but am having trouble with cravings...all i want to do is eat. this may sound like a good thing to many but im gettin fat. do i drop the carbs or fats. another thing that doesnt help is that my ppwo is around 9 oclock at night. i know carbs at this meal are important, any other options besides working out at a different time of the day?
    thanks

doing am cardio 5 times a week will help.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Swolecat could help with this. I have the same problem. I just uptake on protein bigtime and forget the other stuff. I can grow without stuffing myself.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Swolecat could help with this. I have the same problem. I just uptake on protein bigtime and forget the other stuff. I can grow without stuffing myself.
    so for bulking you just add extra protein? no carbs/calories??

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Dude, can you post your entire diet so we can take a look at it?

yeah im growing just fine, i bet i could grow without stuffing my face with carbs too. my diet definately needs adjusting... but do i cut all carbs and just eat pro/fat meals all day or limit carbs to the morning and pwo nutrition? whats my best bet?

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    If you post your exact diet and stats the diet nazi's will rip it apart and get u going ... it happens to everyone. Help us Help you

meal 1- 6 egg whites, 2 pieces of whole wheat

meal 2 - 8 oz chicken, 1 cup of green beans, handful of almonds

meal 3 - chicken salad (8 oz chicken) with light dressing, protein shake

meal 4 - protein shake and hanful of almonds or mixed nuts

meal 5 - can tuna w/ light mayo or italian dressing

workout

pwo - protein shake, apple

ppwo- 8 oz of chicken and a cup of brown rice, or cup of pasta

im 5'10 235 pounds... very slow metabolism and have a higer body fat around 20%. yeah i know it s alot but i was always told to bulk first then cut.

meal 1- 6 egg whites, 2 pieces of whole wheat

meal 2 - 8 oz chicken, 1 cup of green beans, handful of almonds

meal 3 - chicken salad (8 oz chicken) with light dressing, protein shake

meal 4 - protein shake and hanful of almonds or mixed nuts

meal 5 - can tuna w/ light mayo or italian dressing

workout

pwo - protein shake, apple

ppwo- 8 oz of chicken and a cup of brown rice, or cup of pasta
    What are your stats? This doesn't look like a lot of food and your macro cobinations seem to be in order. I'm a little surprised you're getting fat.

im 5'10 235 pounds... very slow metabolism and have a higer body fat around 20%. yeah i know it s alot but i was always told to bulk first then cut.
    I'd start cutting my friend. Sounds like your metabolism is WAY low. Start doing cardio five (or better 6 or 7) times a week, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This diet should not be making you fat so we have to get your metabolism going.

And replace your PWO apple with some dextrose mixed with your protein shake.

im surprised too...it sucks.

looks like im gonna start cutting..my gut ( which wasnt so big to begin with) is getting huge... just ordered some eca...and im gonna start gettin up early to do cardio .
    is there anything you would change in my diet since im gonna start cutting?

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    I'd start cutting my friend. Sounds like your metabolism is WAY low. Start doing cardio five (or better 6 or 7) times a week, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This diet should not be making you fat so we have to get your metabolism going.

And replace your PWO apple with some dextrose mixed with your protein shake.
    i agree with the apple, dex is the way to go.

looks like im gonna start cutting..my gut ( which wasnt so big to begin with) is getting huge... just ordered some eca...and im gonna start gettin up early to do cardio .
    is there anything you would change in my diet since im gonna start cutting?
    Just a few details. Change your first meal to pro/fat. It will help the fat burning continue longer after your morning cardio.

And try to squeeze in a pro/fat meal before bed.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you tried any thermogenics? I would throw in some caffeine and maybe ephedrine with Meal One, Three, and Five. Or you can just do little things to help boost your metabolism normally. Drink ice water, eat hot sauce or peppers, etc... If you decide to take dextrose or anything else close to glucose, don't eat any fat with it. That's a recipe for fat storage. IMO opinion your body needs some good fats (poly and mono) with every meal, otherwise it won't be very efficient at burning it, but rather stores it away.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    Just a few details. Change your first meal to pro/fat. It will help the fat burning continue longer after your morning cardio.

And try to squeeze in a pro/fat meal before bed.

how long should i wait to eat my first meal after morning cardio?

brian11 is offline Member
    water, water, water. Drink 2 gallons a day! I think he said he is getting an ECA stack so that works for the thermogenic. I agree with the dextrose post workout with the protein, that will rush the nutrients to the muscle with little chance of being stored as fat. Make it a 2:1 ratio of dex to protein. Or, in the words of Swole Cat, eat sweet tarts, its almost all dextrose. But dont forget the water, it makes everything work right!

-B-

right after you are done is fine. If you arent hungry after cardio like me, then just take a shake, then eat 45 mins later. Remember, pro/fat after cardio.

-B-

how long should i wait to eat my first meal after morning cardio?
    Right away is fine.

Yeah he posted that while I was writing my post, sorry about that. I drink Gatorade with Creatine right after I workout. I know I will get some flack for making this statement, but I don't agree with morning cardio on an empty stomach. You just went 6-9 hours without eating, this is just asking for your body to start burning muscle with the fat. I do 20 minutes of fat targeted cardio right after my workout works great for me

kinda sucks i gotta start cutting mid way through a bulking cycle... its gonna be tough to cut on test cyp... might switch to prop...but ill go to the steroid forum for that advice.

Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    Yeah he posted that while I was writing my post, sorry about that. I drink Gatorade with Creatine right after I workout. I know I will get some flack for making this statement, but I don't agree with morning cardio on an empty stomach. You just went 6-9 hours without eating, this is just asking for your body to start burning muscle with the fat. I do 20 minutes of fat targeted cardio right after my workout works great for me
    Just an FYI, dude. Lipolysis does not generally begin until after 20 minutes of cardio. During the first 20 minutes you're buring glucose/glycogen. Not bodyfat.

And cardio and lifting should be seperated by a good 6 hours and three meals. Since your body reacts completely different to each action, you could mess up your central nervous system.

so what is a good amount of time to avoid muscle depletion? 45 min?

so what is a good amount of time to avoid muscle depletion? 45 min?
    If you stay in the "magic zone" you won't be depleting your muscles for the first 20 minutes. You'll simply be burning off the glucose remaining in the blood and the glycogen in the liver (which supplies glucose to the blood). Once this is depleted, you body brns body fat.

So, 45 minutes of cardio gives you 25 minutes of fat burning. That's what I do.

I think that your glycogen stores are low after you wake up, hence the cardio on an empty stomach. I could be wrong but I think thats why its so much more effective am on an empty stomach bc it doesnt take very long to get to the burning fat

-B-

Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    I think that your glycogen stores are low after you wake up, hence the cardio on an empty stomach. I could be wrong but I think thats why its so much more effective am on an empty stomach bc it doesnt take very long to get to the burning fat

-B-
    They are low, but it still takes 20 minutes to burn through what's remaining. If you did it on a full stomach, you'd never reach lipolysis.

I totally agree with the 20 minute rule, that's why I only do 20 minutes of fat targeted cardio, but I also know that your muscles grow while you sleep and no other time. So it's reasonable to assume that glycogen is replaced while you sleep. If you do cardio immediately after a hard workout however, you know you've used up most of the glycogen. Plus you help to flush lactic acid out. In the morning it becomes a gamble. Probably mostly dependent on what you ate before bed.

I totally agree with the 20 minute rule, that's why I only do 20 minutes of fat targeted cardio, but I also know that your muscles grow while you sleep and no other time. So it's reasonable to assume that glycogen is replaced while you sleep. If you do cardio immediately after a hard workout however, you know you've used up most of the glycogen. Plus you help to flush lactic acid out. In the morning it becomes a gamble. Probably mostly dependent on what you ate before bed.
    There are so many errors in this post, I don't know where to begin.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    cardio after a work out =

:spudnikc3

true

Well my bf hovers around 8.0%, I think it's fair to say my approach works, at least for me. Regardless of your fat loss approach, the absolute end-all-be-all is calories. You have to burn more than you consume.

I've dropped large percentages of bf while maintaining muscle mass and I helped a few friends do the same. I'm not saying my way is "the way", I'm just saying it works.

You are a lucky man to have the genetics that you have

-B-

Then again I'm a lucky man to have a beautiful girl sleeping with me every night! :spudnik1:

-B-

Yeah, I'm sure my genetics have a lot to do with it. Mine suck in a way though, I have a small frame, so looking big is proving itself difficult. I've been consistently gaining weight and losing bf for the past 6 mths or so. This is based on scales, calipers, the mirror, and my wifes daily comments. I'm pretty cut up, but I still look in the mirror and see a skinny guy. So "lucky", I dunno man. I guess it could be worse.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Needless to say, this is not the norm. However, whatever works.

I did things your way back in the day, and I looked "okay". When I listened and tried other methods (those w/sound backing, not just any routine) my physique got better than ever.

A.M. cardio is NOT catabolic provided you know how to eat correctly the other 23 hours or so of the day. This is where many people screw the pooch, but it is NOT the cardio activity. If it were, I'd be a skinny b*tch. If anything, cardio after anaerobic activity wastes valuable time as far as muscle recovery and uptake of key nutrients at a key time.

~SC~

I would agree with that swole. I also agree that just because something works for me, it doesn't mean that something else might not work better for me, or even that the same thing would work for someone else. In fact you've just motivated me to try something new. Thanks man.

true, if nothing else you want to get home to take your shake...

-B-

Just as a side note, it's kinda hard to eat well 23 hours of the day. Unless you wake up every 2-3 hours to eat.

Well my bf hovers around 8.0%, I think it's fair to say my approach works, at least for me. Regardless of your fat loss approach, the absolute end-all-be-all is calories. You have to burn more than you consume.

I've dropped large percentages of bf while maintaining muscle mass and I helped a few friends do the same. I'm not saying my way is "the way", I'm just saying it works.
    I'm sure whatever your doing is working ok for you. I, for one, would love to be at 8%. I was just saying that the facts you laid out about what your body is doing were incorrect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information