usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Summer time & Ice cream

How hard is it for you to past up ice cream or water ice during a hot sticky summer night with little to do? For me its tough. Well if you have the same problem I do, then next time instead of screwing up your diet and falling into temptation (or the desperate eyes of your gf), try Pierre's "Slender" Moosetracks no sugar ice cream. Its the real deal fellas w/o the sugars. I'm telling you, the stuff is insanely good, especially for the no sugar variety. Only select supermarkets sell it though. I think my gf got mine at Wawa (convenient store).

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    How much did you get to endorse this stuff?

Good pitch BTW.

tonight is offline Junior Member
    Not to put anyone down but I haven't had a cheat meal in at least two years. This is not to say that I don't derive pleasure from food - I do, but not in an indulgent sense. I always put having nourishing, nutrient-rich food as my top priority rather than eating for pleasure. Many can't do it but I guess I'm a bit stronger willed than average. But I say if I can make the change then it is possible for anyone to as well if they REALLY put their mind and mouth to it. My inspiration comes from Jack Lalane.

My key to success is I constantly keep my long term goals in perspective rather than any short term pleasures which come along. I do this with mental images My mental imagery may exagerate some but here is the idea. Basically I see what others view as short term pleasures -- e.g. ice cream, soda, candy -- as eating poison or things which will ruin my physique which I have worked so hard to atain. I also avoid anything which imitates or at least makes you feel that you are eating these types of junk foods such as diet soda or sugar free ice cream as you mention. I think that once you can overcome this hurdle

If the above analogy does not work for you, well here's another one I read somewhere else on this forum which may also put this in perspecive, lol :

"I just kept on saying to myself whats better this Yotels, this Little Debbie or the pussy im gonna be getting when i go away??? Now im not knocking those that choose the Yotals. But i chose the pussy... "

I say use whatever imagery you find helpful but it really helps overcome such temptations.
    Last edited by tonight; 07-08-2004 at 11:40 PM.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    First off I highly doubt it has been 2 years since you have eaten a cheat meal..... secondly where did you get the little debbies....pussy quote from? I swear Got Fina? said that in his post. Actually I am sure of it......

<<LMO>>

Yup, it was Got fina - could never forget that quote

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=102940

And yes it has been at least two years, maybe even three, but I'm not sure exactly. No soda, beer, potato chips, french fries no coffee nothing of that sort. Just all natural foods - meat, seafood, veggies, nuts, and I only drink water nothing else. It can be done but as I say I know I am unusual believe me all of my friends say that as does my family. It is a pain around holidays when everyone's pigging out or stuffing themselves to insanity, but I always keep my imagery in mind - and I have since added got fina's quote as yet another reason why I keep it clean. Again most of you guys here can handle an OCCASSIONAL cheat meal because your diets are in good order and you know to keep it under control, but I'm saying that for me I have no need no desire or such cravings to satisfy. I used to in the past, but I have used mental imagery to overcome it. That is my suggestion to anyone who is having cravings which are interfereing with their bodybuilding goals.

Quote Originally Posted by tonight
    Yup, it was Got fina - could never forget that quote

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=102940

And yes it has been at least two years, maybe even three, but I'm not sure exactly. No soda, beer, potato chips, french fries no coffee nothing of that sort. Just all natural foods - meat, seafood, veggies, nuts, and I only drink water nothing else. It can be done but as I say I know I am unusual believe me all of my friends say that as does my family. It is a pain around holidays when everyone's pigging out or stuffing themselves to insanity, but I always keep my imagery in mind - and I have since added got fina's quote as yet another reason why I keep it clean. Again most of you guys here can handle an OCCASSIONAL cheat meal because your diets are in good order and you know to keep it under control, but I'm saying that for me I have no need no desire or such cravings to satisfy. I used to in the past, but I have used mental imagery to overcome it. That is my suggestion to anyone who is having cravings which are interfereing with their bodybuilding goals.

If that is all true then I tip my hat to you...... that is a crazy accomplishment.

<<LMO>>

yes I never thought I would go through with it as long as I have been myself. It originally started out as a two month experiment to see how far I could go but I wound up liking it so much that I never turned back. Also the more I started reading about health/nutrition and talking with the guy who lives across the street from me who's a nutritionist, then I realized there was no turning back to my former ways.

WTF

Not to put anyone down but I haven't had a cheat meal in at least two years. This is not to say that I don't derive pleasure from food - I do, but not in an indulgent sense. I always put having nourishing, nutrient-rich food as my top priority rather than eating for pleasure. Many can't do it but I guess I'm a bit stronger willed than average. But I say if I can make the change then it is possible for anyone to as well if they REALLY put their mind and mouth to it. My inspiration comes from Jack Lalane.

My key to success is I constantly keep my long term goals in perspective rather than any short term pleasures which come along. I do this with mental images My mental imagery may exagerate some but here is the idea. Basically I see what others view as short term pleasures -- e.g. ice cream, soda, candy -- as eating poison or things which will ruin my physique which I have worked so hard to atain. I also avoid anything which imitates or at least makes you feel that you are eating these types of junk foods such as diet soda or sugar free ice cream as you mention. I think that once you can overcome this hurdle

If the above analogy does not work for you, well here's another one I read somewhere else on this forum which may also put this in perspecive, lol :

"I just kept on saying to myself whats better this Yotels, this Little Debbie or the pussy im gonna be getting when i go away??? Now im not knocking those that choose the Yotals. But i chose the pussy... "

I say use whatever imagery you find helpful but it really helps overcome such temptations.

deathBYproxy is offline New Member
    It's so cold in South Africa right now, i'm freezing what's left of my balls off. Never mind thinking about ice cream...

Here we also have a veriety of sugar free dairy products like ice cream and yogart but you guys should just keep an eye in the fat content. It's normally on the high side...
    Last edited by deathBYproxy; 07-09-2004 at 04:44 AM. Reason: spelling

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Wow! You must have one hell of a physique then to not have cheated for TWO YEARS!!!!!!! You must appear as a greek statue!

Pics please! I've got to see what two years of being strict can do, and how it can be better than me cheating once/twice a week.

Let's get busy!!

~SC~

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Looks like SC just made things interesting!

Hehe-after I read it a second time it kinda does sounds like a sales pitch
    Maybe sales is my true calling

Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    How much did you get to endorse this stuff?

Good pitch BTW.

Bump for pics of tonight.......

Preferably, well, TONIGHT.

It's known that one cannot possibly talk about how he/she is so disciplined at this, looks like this, does this, has that, etc., w/out showing some TANGIBLE proof to back up the claims. That's just how it goes around here. Same thing when I said I have pimp-@ss customized embroidered SwoleCat floormats for my Lincoln........no one believed me and hollered "B.S., let's see pics." So, that's how it goes "round here"............

So come on, I wanna see what two entire years of not cheating once will do, and it better be d*mn good too, or there is no credit to your methodology.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 07-10-2004 at 07:12 AM.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Bump for pics of tonight.......

Preferably, well, TONIGHT.

It's known that one cannot possibly talk about how he/she is so disciplined at this, looks like this, does this, has that, etc., w/out showing some TANGIBLE proof to back up the claims. That's just how it goes around here. Same thing when I said I have pimp-@ss customized embroidered SwoleCat floormats for my Lincoln........no one believed me and hollered "B.S., let's see pics." So, that's how it goes "round here"............

So come on, I wanna see what two entire years of not cheating once will do, and it better be d*mn good too, or there is no credit to your methodology.

~SC~
    i'm with SC, lets see the pics.

Bizzump.......Elevator up!

~SC~

N E 1 home?

~SC~

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious to see what 2 years of not cheating at all can do for you.

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    bump for the pics. put up or shut up I personally feel cheat days are extremly important 1. they are a goal each week to work towards 2. they give a boost to your metabolic rate 3. they can get u laid espiecally when your girlfriend wants u to lick whip cream off her

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    N E 1 home?

~SC~
    Here it is. He emailed it to me and asked that I post it for him.

You guys ruined my thread

Hey, I got called out, so I'm exercising my duty to pass it on.

~SC~

Hey, I got called out, so I'm exercising my duty to pass it on.

~SC~

Who the hell called you out??? LOL..... that is funny $hit. Swole post some **** pics right now or I won't believe you even WORKOUT. Stop posting pics of your friend that is in your avatar and post the real pics of you. You can't possibly look as good as your friend if you cheat 1-2 times a week. You must be fat bastard. Post pics or you will be forever shunned from the diet section

What a load of crap...... I still stand by my first post. There is no way in hell someone hasn't cheated in 2 years. That is nearly impossible. Maybe they don't count cake, ice cream, or sugar as cheating

<<LMO>>

doby48 is offline Female Member
    First to respond to the original post... There are a few different companies that sell sugar free ice cream, you just have to look for them. Even DQ has a sugar free line now which is great cause I can actually eat there when I'm out with friends and they wanted to stop, I used to just sit and drink water when they had some good looking ice cream treat. (and to the people who don't know me... no i couldn't have had a cheat meal/snack there cause those don't mix with diabetes)

Secondly... yeah if you are going to talk like that about no cheat meals in 2-3 years I would really like to see some pics too! Personally I think they are beneficial to keeping toned to kinda shock your system as it gets used to the clean diet.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Wow........it's sooooooooooooo quiet now.

~SC~

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    bizzump for the pics once again.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    There ain't gonna be no pictures bro!

xfade7 is offline Member
    mmmmmmmmmm. Ice cream.
    I, for one, have very little self control. i cheat about every other day.. but not alot! My house is always full of ice cream, chocolate, potatoe chips... I WANT MY CHEAT DAY.

oh, btw.. jay cutler is the man

xfade7

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot

You cheat every other day Elliot! LIAR ::shakes head::

<<LMO>>

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    You cheat every other day Elliot! LIAR ::shakes head::

<<LMO>>

whats that cheat boy?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    whats that cheat boy?

I'm hurt.....

BUMP FOR PICS

<<LMO>>

ChefJ is offline Senior Member

We are not trying to look skinny like Jack Lalane and his oodles of carb juicer stuff

Thread Information