xenithon is offline Member

Egg White Powder vs. Egg Whites

Hi All,

Just have one small question regarding egg whites. I normally have egg whites in the morning - no matter how many different ways I prepare them there are always occasions where I REALLY get sick and tired of them (smell, texture, preparation etc.). I have never used egg white powder before, but many times made breakfast with my night time power or whey powder and some oats to make a sort of porridge (which to me tastes fantastic). I can easily do the same with egg white powder, but just wanted to know if there is anything which perhaps makes the powder inferior to real egg whites.

Cheers,
    C

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    I use easy-eggs.........99% fat free and don't taste too bad. once you weight the protein intake from those vs: only egg whites they cost about the same price!!

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    You bros must be kidding me? while im on my cutting diet egg whites are like choclate.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    I put a little salsa on my egg whites and that really helps a bunch with the taste!

xenithon is offline Member
    Hi Guys,

MightyJoe - I do indeed put all sortsa things on the egg whites. It is not just the taste, also the smell, the texture etc. which gets a bit much everyday.

Mealticket - here in my country we don't get things like egg-beaters or egg whites in a carton. Either whole eggs, or egg white protein from supplement companies. Fairly cheap (compared to other supps here) at around $15/kg.

Cheers,
    X

KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member
    Hey remember that it's usually advised to have one yolk for every half dozen or so eggs.... it helps the texture a tad. And I know you said it's the texture/smell of the eggs that bothers you, but this is usually how I make my eggs.
    I put in-
    Garlic Powder
    a bit of cayenne pepper
    a tad of italian seasoning
    tabasco chipotle sauce
    and a little of chulula hot sauce
    And then there's this grill seasoning I got at Sam's that is GODLY!! And I put a tad of that in there

and add some fat free cheeseif you want (melted with it) and it's amazing, well imo.

But then again, after eating flax seed (not the oil, ground!) mixed with raw tuna, everything taste like chocolate to me

eacman65 is offline Member
    egg whites are really good

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Egg Beaters... plain and the pre mixed ones
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    regular egg minus the yolk..

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    There is usually some nutritional loss in anything that has been processed. And egg white powder is processed. Sometimes they fortify or reinstall whatever was lost in the processing but that all depends on the brand. Check the packaging and if you have time pm me and I will go over it for you.

Thread Information