Striated is offline New Member

Cheat/Refeed on a Cut?

Got a question on this controversial day, lol. I was wondering what sort of region your calories would be in whilst cutting. Im 6 weeks in to a cut and decided to calculate my days cheat/refeed. I came to somewhere around 5000cals.

Surely this is counterproductive to my cutting goals, as i will be storing bodyfat from the excess cals Wouldn't it be better to not cheat at all?

Any adivce would be appreciated.

thanks

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Cheating is necessary to keep the metabolism in check. What's more important in most cutting diets is not neccesarily the caloric intake alone, but also the intake of carbohydrates, which are often lower in cutting diets.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Have you cheated at all in those 6 weeks?

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Have you cheated at all in those 6 weeks?

~SC~
    Yup, every week so far. The level of intake on the cheat day has been consistent, but i've decreased my calorie levels on the other days. Im still sitting at 206lbs bodyweight (which is what i started with) The only difference is that im getting harder all over, especially in the ab/oblique region.

I just feel like crap when ive taken in junk, and the next day is hell too, my stomach always feels like it will errupt!!!

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Striated
    Yup, every week so far. The level of intake on the cheat day has been consistent, but i've decreased my calorie levels on the other days. Im still sitting at 206lbs bodyweight (which is what i started with) The only difference is that im getting harder all over, especially in the ab/oblique region.

I just feel like crap when ive taken in junk, and the next day is hell too, my stomach always feels like it will errupt!!!
    You can try a clean carb up day if you like and work it like this:

meals 1,3,5 pro/carb
    meals 2,4,6,7 pro/fat

D
    C
    B

Yeah, i clean carb up day would suit me much better. I think it will also help with discipline, as it seems junk always leads to more junk. Luckily im keeping it down to 1-day per week.

thanks for the idea, i'll put it into action from next week

Thread Information