Thread: Low Carb Foods

eacman65 is offline Member

Low Carb Foods

Are all these low-carb foods really good for you? I mean it seems like everything is low-carb now, and these foods taste great are these foods the way to go?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eacman65
    Are all these low-carb foods really good for you? I mean it seems like everything is low-carb now, and these foods taste great are these foods the way to go?

There are certain brands you can trust and certain ones you cannot. Honestly I just eat whole food and once in a while throw in a "low-carb" treat. Most things made with splenda are good, I would rather have something that uses splenda than sugar alcohols or whatever else. What did you have in mind?? Also, I wouldn't trust the atkin's brand stuff..... too many rumors about hidden sugars etc

<<LMO>>

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Actually you have to look at the nutrition info for each item, cause sometimes someone will advertise their product as low carb but someone else makes the same thing with less carbs. Or you can find the same thing with more carbs but higher % of those being fiber which would end up being better. Depends alot on specifically what you are looking at product-wise and what your current goals are.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

eacman65 is offline Member
    thanks for the help

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    I like the nutrition labels that have the carb and fat types broken out. You need carbs anyway, just not high-GI ones (most of the time)

Also, just because it's low carb doesn't make it good. Light Beer is low in carbs. =o)

Thread Information