StevePJC is offline Member

Another probable dumb idea

These Healty Choice TV dinners seem to have a good balance of things. Anyone ever look into them?

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    with the exception of a few, most are bunk and loaded with tons of preservatives, you have so much more healthy options imho.

Ah I was just wondering. Saw my doctor here on the base and he reccomended it. Saw I had dropped a total of 22 pounds since April and 15 in the past 2.5 weeks. Told him my diet and he reccomended that brand and "Lean Choice" brand TV dinners.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePJC
    Ah I was just wondering. Saw my doctor here on the base and he reccomended it. Saw I had dropped a total of 22 pounds since April and 15 in the past 2.5 weeks. Told him my diet and he reccomended that brand and "Lean Choice" brand TV dinners.

Your doctor needs to be shot at dawn.

Needless to say, those cardboard preparations are ridiculously un-healthy and nasty.

Does he think you cannot cook/prepare food for yourself? Did you give him this kind of outlook? Why a doctor would recommend TV DINNERS "healthy" ones or not, is totally assinine.

Then again, when it comes to nutrition/fitness, doctor's don't know their
    (__!__) from a hole in the ground.

~SC~

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like your doc is trying to get you on a low fat plan. Probably not the greatest idea.

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie
    Sounds like your doc is trying to get you on a low fat plan. Probably not the greatest idea.
    true, unless we are talking about someone who has been on a 200g of fat a day diet. I think that when people have unhealthy diets with a lot of fat, that they need to be put on a low fat diet. Of course its relative and by low fat i dont mean 20g a day, I mean more like 50. Of course i could be wrong. I usually am

-B-

Before I started back with the weights again I didn't give a flip what I ate. I brought him what I'm eating now and the schedule I'm eating on. He said if I want to keep things in moderation he thought one of these Healthy TV dinners would do the trick. Said it would bring the diet much more in line with what somone my size needs to get by on a daily basis.

I'm eating alot of salmon and mahi mahi steaks now. While good for protien it doesn't bring me dick in the way of carbs that I'm supposed to have. Said I should be taking in atleast 300 carbs a day to function properly.

It's a military doctor so who knows what his training and education is like. I believe I was probably older than him by a year or two which alarmed me a bit.

Just wanted to add. According to my fit day program my average fat gram intake per day is 43g. Avg carbs is 61.

Just wanted to add. According to my fit day program my average fat gram intake per day is 43g. Avg carbs is 61.
    What are you goals? That makes a big difference especially in the carb area as to what your intake should be. You seem like a big guy so if you are cutting then 300g carbs is way too much. And 43g fat is too few.

-B-

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    What are you goals? That makes a big difference especially in the carb area as to what your intake should be. You seem like a big guy so if you are cutting then 300g carbs is way too much. And 43g fat is too few.

-B-
    yeah it think you should be good if you double the fats and cut the carbs in half

DCB

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    yeah it think you should be good if you double the fats and cut the carbs in half

DCB
    My thoughts exactly

-B-

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    so yeah 150 carbs/day with around 90 fat should be good.. we didnt mean cut the 61 in half. i didnt neways. maybe brian11 did, if so then it sounds like he has been sippin on grand pappy's ole' cough syrup

DCB
    Last edited by dalcowbag; 07-15-2004 at 09:41 AM.

That is probably why the weight loss has stalled a bit. Haven't been able to break under 300 pounds and stay there for more than a day. My goal is simple. To shed as much fat as humanly possible by July 28th before pulling up a bit and leveling the diet off. 13-15 pounds is what I've lost and kept off since 6/28. I have increased the carbs a bit because I was having the Atkins ****s and belly gas. I tried the Atkins thing a bit over a year ago and lost 23 pounds but put it all right back on. DOUBLE the fat though? I keep trying to understand why fat is needed to burn. Even when people spell it out for me. I just can never quite grasp the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    so yeah 150 carbs/day with around 90 fat should be good.. we didnt mean cut the 61 in half. i didnt neways. maybe brian11 did, if so sounds like he has been sippin on grand pappy's ole' cough syrup

DCB
    howd you know

-B-

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Said I should be taking in atleast 300 carbs a day to function properly.
    Virus found! Run appropriate application to delete.

~SC~

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Steve....check this link out...

Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    Does fuzzy logic tickle?

-B-

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Steve....check this link out...

Click Here
    I'm glad im not one of those people, becuase i sure as hell dont want to take the time to read all that!!!

-B-

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    ~SC~
    LOL. Try this Steve. Take a photo of your doctor and place it next to a photo of SC, then decide which one knows more about nutrition. Now, if you need a heart transplant, all bets are off, but I would take Swole's advice over that of an MD (who is obviously just parroting the BS food pyramid he learned in med school) any day of the week.

Best of luck to you bro. Sounds like you have the right attitude. Congrats on the improvements you have made up to now.

Thread Information