Thread: pro/fat meals

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member

Question pro/fat meals

what is the purpose of a pro/fat meal anyways? I know its so you burn the fat as fuel and not the protein but if there are no carbs, then there is no insulin spike, and if there is no insulin spike then how does the protein get stored? does it get wasted? I know this is probably wrong but if you're bulking wouldnt it be better to make all your meals pro/carb so that you get as much protein stored as possible?

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    the fats sloooooows down the digestion of the protein so your body can stay fueled with it all day and all night (thats why a pro/fat is best b4 bed) also you only want an insulin spike PWO b/c if you had them all day, well it jsut doesnt work b/c your muscle can only hold so much glycogen

D
    C
    B

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    what is the purpose of a pro/fat meal anyways? I know its so you burn the fat as fuel and not the protein but if there are no carbs, then there is no insulin spike, and if there is no insulin spike then how does the protein get stored? does it get wasted? I know this is probably wrong but if you're bulking wouldnt it be better to make all your meals pro/carb so that you get as much protein stored as possible?

When cutting the purpose of the pro/fat meals is for fat burning yes. When bulking the reason behind pro/fat meals is this:

Fat illicits a very low insulin response, making it much harder for pro/fat meals to be stored as fat. Some people are more carb sensitive than others and can get away with more. It depends on the person. When your taking in a calories surplus you obviously much more likely to store fat. By making all of your meals pro/carb (dependent upon the person/metabolism) you have a higher change of putting on excess fat. Does that make any sense?

<<LMO>>

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    You don't need an insulin spike to assimilate amino acids.

~SC~

awsome thanks for clearing this up guys. I've been curious about this for awhile, just never got around to asking!

dear lord i love that avatar Prairie

DCB

Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    dear lord i love that avatar Prairie

DCB
    lol. yeah I wanna blow it up one day and put it in my living room or something, haha

how did you know i did that.?? and all this time i thought it was elliot creeping around my front lawn lookin into my windows

Thread Information