homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member

Too much insulin spike?

Need some advice.
    I've been downing a shake after lifting which consists of half Cell Tech and half Nitro Tech mixed with milk (for some low GI carbs too).
    I've been using one scoop of each although it is recommended I take 2 scoops of Cell Tech. My reason for taking less Cell Tech is that I get a RETARDED sugar crash after consuming all that dextrose. I'll get the shakes, light headedness, hunger, weak, etc... Does anyone else have this problem? My father is a diabetic and I started thinking maybe this dextrose is more harmful to me than helpful.
    Where do I go from here? What exactly should a person who may be prone to diabetes do for a post workout replenishing? Stick to low GI carbs to refill?
    Thanks for the help.
    -hb

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    loose the milk lower the dosage of dex..

Why lose the milk?

JT2k is offline Associate Member
    milk is full of sugar.

Yes, but it's part of my Post Workout Meal...is this not the time to have carbohydrates?

Unless you are telling me to drop my total sugar consumption to avoid the whole insulin spike? I need to replenish my glycogen, and I thought mixing in a lower GI carb would both replenish AND keep me from having a crash from the insulin spike.

get some dex and whey use water and use a 2 to 1 carb to protein ratio. thats it's simple and clean. I dont know what kinda diet your on but milk is not a good idea for either bulking or cutting.

Thanks for the advice brother.
    You still haven't told me WHY milk is bad, especially when it's post workout...in fact IT has a 2 to 1 carb to protein ratio...the protein is a complete protein and the sugar is low GI which is a sugar I need in addition to the simple sugar like dextrose that I"m taking.
    We've gotten away from my question...
    What can someone who may be prone to diabetes do to replenish after a weight workout.

milk- way too much processed sugar gives u a flat look too. as far as the diabetes i dont know go ask your doctor or one of the more knowledge bro's.

Thanks bro.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    the sugar in milk is lactose. . which does NOTHING to restore muscle glycogen. also you dont want ne fats at this time either

DCB

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I would lessen the insulin spike pwo by lowering the amount of carbs in my pwo drink (dextrose/protein) and increase the # of carbs in my second post workout meal.

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Like alot of others said milk is sugar and fats. Combined with the dex you are most likely getting too much sugar and there is no reason for fats in PWO 1 especially mixed with carbs. Milk will also give you a soft look.

In my own personal opinion I would also ditch the Muscletech. I think it's overpriced garbage. Get some regular whey and just plain old dex and you are good to go.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah screw muscle tech and cell tech(all the creatine in the world is made by 3 diff companies,its all the same, so go with a 15 dollar monohydrate)

DCB

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Milk will also slow digestion, and that's not what you want pwo.

~SC~

Thanks for schooling me bros. I have a very good understanding now and will make the necessary changes. Please review me short post on my current diet. Thanks.
    -HB

mikeh is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by homeboybonanza
    What can someone who may be prone to diabetes do to replenish after a weight workout.
    I like you have a history of diabetes on both sides of my family.
    Both grandparents died from diabetes and my father takes pills to control his.

I drink whey, dex and water after workouts, have no problems and my blood count is normal.

Also after you've finished your M tech and C tech you may want to try this brand All the Whey better tasting and easier on the wallet.

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh
    Also after you've finished your M tech and C tech you may want to try this brand All the Whey better tasting and easier on the wallet.
    I agree, Muscle tech sucks. ATW is the bomb. I have chocolate but apparently the orange flavor is incredible especially when mixed with dextrose.

Cell tech is what they call 3rd generation creatine. If you just take regular creatine with your PWO shake including dex, you will get the same effect with a lot less cost.

-B-

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    Like DCB said, you seem to be trying to reinvent the wheel with all the MT products and milk. Get some Whey Concentrate and some quality Dextrose and Creatine. Kent has the dex and also sells a creatine mono for nine bucks.

Thread Information