MotoLifter is offline Senior Member

Eating too fast????

I have two brothers both much bigger than me (im 6'3" 205) and im the youngest (24) ever since I was really young they would alway take my food or snacks, whatever I had to eat. So as a result I eat REALLY fast. People always comment on how I eat so fast. My question is does eating fast inhibit the assimilation of proteins and other nutrients into the body? Thanks for any info.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I would say no it just makes your digestive system work harder. Actually eating fast is a good way to eat when you are training it takes a while for your stomach to figure out it is full. Swolecat what's your input?

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I would say no it just makes your digestive system work harder. Actually eating fast is a good way to eat when you are training it takes a while for your stomach to figure out it is full. Swolecat what's your input?
    Ive heard people say that before, that you can eat more if you eat fast. But for me i think its the opposite, if I am eating fast i feel full quickly and i tend to be more bloated and feel fat afterwards. I dont know the difference in your stomach but i knjow i dont like the feeling after i scarf down a meal too fast.

-B-

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    it doesnt make a diff that you eat like you just came out of the penn. its all good!

DCB

XL721 is offline Junior Member
    I know what ur talkin about. I had to eat fast cuz my fatass older brother would eat everything before me

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Just make sure you are counting those calories sometimes 1000 of them can go down to quick

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    I hear ya. I had 4 brothers growing up...if I didn't eat fast, I didn't get any It's taken me YEARS to slow that down.

clancywiggum is offline Junior Member
    eating too fast really isn't an issue, so long as it's just a bad habit (I'm a speed eater too)...
    in other words, some people who eat too fast do so b/c they've waited until they're so hungry "they're ready to puke"....

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Eating fast isn't really good for your digestive system in general, but it's certainly not going to affect how you're body absorbs and metabolized nutrients.

cascade is offline Junior Member
    I believe it does, but at a small level.
    What if you look at it this way. When you're chewing your food, you're enlarging the surface area for digestion, so the nutrients will be broken down and absorped quicker. EX: You eat a steak, but swallow the largest pieces you can, your body will take a very long time for it to break all that down, rather then pre-breaking that large piece down into a purade liquid. With that larger piece, your body will probably still be working on it by the time your next meal comes around. You also have salivary amylase in the mouth, which help breakdown starch, while chewing food.
    My main thought was about the surface area though.

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone, you have all been very helpful. Any other thoughts on this?

Thread Information