solid-d is offline Member

Carbs and timeing with POW meals..

Hi all, Im going to be spending alot of time on the diet forum for now on... But anyway, to start my first question here in a while.. I work out from 9to10pm at night... I dont take my POW till about 10:15pm.. I know I still need carbs(dex), but at that hr what would be a good amount.. I usually mix about 35grams of protien into 8-10 oz of skin milk(another 10grams protine,along with some sugar in the milk)... I ususally still spike my insulin level in some way or another, where its a banana or 8oz apple juice.. I just got 10lbs of dex and will use that instead.. Im just wondering how much should I use at that hr.. Also I eat usually 5 egg whites or a can of tuna at about midnight.. Im 10%bf, still looking for muscle mass while trying to get to 9%.. I ususally dont eat fats POW or before bed.. However I just bought some flax oil.. Please help me use these 2 new supplements to maximize my goals.. thanks alot and be sure to see me lurking around in this forum for a while..

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solid-d
    Hi all, Im going to be spending alot of time on the diet forum for now on... But anyway, to start my first question here in a while.. I work out from 9to10pm at night... I dont take my POW till about 10:15pm.. I know I still need carbs(dex), but at that hr what would be a good amount.. I usually mix about 35grams of protien into 8-10 oz of skin milk(another 10grams protine,along with some sugar in the milk)... I ususally still spike my insulin level in some way or another, where its a banana or 8oz apple juice.. I just got 10lbs of dex and will use that instead.. Im just wondering how much should I use at that hr.. Also I eat usually 5 egg whites or a can of tuna at about midnight.. Im 10%bf, still looking for muscle mass while trying to get to 9%.. I ususally dont eat fats POW or before bed.. However I just bought some flax oil.. Please help me use these 2 new supplements to maximize my goals.. thanks alot and be sure to see me lurking around in this forum for a while..
    First of all the ratio for dex to protein shoudl be 2:1, so if you are taking 40g pro then you need 80g dex. It is fine to take that amout at night especially since it appears you are staying up to midnight anyway. Next, ditch the milk. The sugar in it does not restore glycogen to your muscles and it is lactose, slowing down the digestive process. All in all, lose the milk. You are correct in not eating fats PWO or PPWO, but you do want a pro/fat meal before going to bed. Just what jumped out at me.

-B-

P.S. Welcome to the diet forum, its the most important place, IMO, on the board.

-B-

Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    First of all the ratio for dex to protein shoudl be 2:1, so if you are taking 40g pro then you need 80g dex. It is fine to take that amout at night especially since it appears you are staying up to midnight anyway. Next, ditch the milk. The sugar in it does not restore glycogen to your muscles and it is lactose, slowing down the digestive process. All in all, lose the milk. You are correct in not eating fats PWO or PPWO, but you do want a pro/fat meal before going to bed. Just what jumped out at me.

-B-
    You got it right on the ball

Quote Originally Posted by )(PimP JuicE)(
    You got it right on the ball
    So slizzut, am i good or am i good

-B-

slizzut is offline Senior Member

-B-

You're good.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member

-B-
    they grow up so fast

DCB

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    they grow up so fast

DCB

hahahha

wow that was a good post... Im impressed... Thanks buddy

Ok now I got another question... I take my 80gdex:40Gpro PWO... Then my PPWO should be fat and protien.. WHats a good ratio... Also, now its the next morning and day.. How should I supplement my carbs and fats?? I know to eat protien every 3 hrs and to eat no sugar or saturated fats all day... But please help me better understand how I should eat durring the day and up to 9pm again till I work out again... Thanks alot

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    your PPWO should be a pro/carb meal not a pro/fat meal and should come in the way of actaul food 60-90 minutes after you PWO shake. i myself have a chicken breasts and white rice.

TrIBOL

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    if your cutting it should look alittle like this.

wake up - cardio
    1 hour after cardio have a pro/fat meal.
    3 hours later - pro/fat meal.
    3 hours later - pro/fat meal
    workout.
    PPWO shake pro/dex 1:2 ratio
    60-90 minutes after PWO, have PPWO which is pro/carbs
    bedtime - shake w/flax or a pro/fat meal.

hope that helps alittle bit and is what you where asking.

TrIBOL

Ok now I got another question... I take my 80gdex:40Gpro PWO... Then my PPWO should be fat and protien.. WHats a good ratio... Also, now its the next morning and day.. How should I supplement my carbs and fats?? I know to eat protien every 3 hrs and to eat no sugar or saturated fats all day... But please help me better understand how I should eat durring the day and up to 9pm again till I work out again... Thanks alot
    Yea, what tribol said...

Also, you dont want just any fats, you want EFAs (essential fatty acids). Those come int he form of nuts (almonds), flax seed/oil, fish(salmon), natty PB to name some. The only significant carbs in your diet should be PWO in the form of dex and PPWO which should be in the form of food. Everything else should be pro/fat.

-B-

Beernutz is offline Member
    Prisoners Of War meals ehhh....lololololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    Prisoners Of War meals ehhh....lololololololol
    I hope you guys get it or else ill look pretty Dumb...

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

I get it I was gona post the same thing but I figured I would let the guy slide since he said POW instead of PWO ;
    lol

<<LMO>>

mikeh is offline New Member

Wink

Got it

Now i feel dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    I get it I was gona post the same thing but I figured I would let the guy slide since he said POW instead of PWO ;
    lol

<<LMO>>
    -B-

lol

<<LMO>>
    Im not so kind...

Thanks for the info...But let me get this straight.. I dont eat any carbs all day long, just pro and fat meals... If so, then what am I burning for engery? Dont I need complex carbs, like whole grains, and the carbs in fruits N veggies? Doesnt seem right? thanks..
    PS-Im already real lean, looking for some size but to stay real lean too.. Im 10% BF, looking to get to 9% BF, and also looking to gain 5lbs of muscle to get me up to 170

Thanks for the info...But let me get this straight.. I dont eat any carbs all day long, just pro and fat meals... If so, then what am I burning for engery? Dont I need complex carbs, like whole grains, and the carbs in fruits N veggies? Doesnt seem right? thanks..
    PS-Im already real lean, looking for some size but to stay real lean too.. Im 10% BF, looking to get to 9% BF, and also looking to gain 5lbs of muscle to get me up to 170
    Well it all depends on if you are cutting or bulking. Cutting you want pro/fat allday until PWO and PPWO. Bulking you need 3 pro/carb meals and for some people even 4. So if you are trying to add some lean muscle, then make your first meal pro/carb unless you do cardio then keep it pro/fat to maintain lyposis. In that case make meal 2 or 3 a pro/carb meal.

-B-

you burn fat for energy also bro

DCB

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member
    Well it all depends on if you are cutting or bulking. Cutting you want pro/fat allday until PWO and PPWO. Bulking you need 3 pro/carb meals and for some people even 4. So if you are trying to add some lean muscle, then make your first meal pro/carb unless you do cardio then keep it pro/fat to maintain lyposis. In that case make meal 2 or 3 a pro/carb meal.

-B-

If for example you are doing cardio in the mornings, but lifting every other day [while cutting], how should you structure your diet on the days of cardio only?

Quote Originally Posted by pspcs83
    If for example you are doing cardio in the mornings, but lifting every other day [while cutting], how should you structure your diet on the days of cardio only?
    this is NOT set in stone but alot of bros use this a s a startin point and/or base something off of this:

cardio
    meal 1,2 pro/fat
    meal 3 pro/carb
    meal 4-6 pro/fat

DCB

Natural Giant is offline New Member
    this is NOT set in stone but alot of bros use this a s a startin point and/or base something off of this:

cardio
    meal 1,2 pro/fat
    meal 3 pro/carb
    meal 4-6 pro/fat

DCB
    Just make sure you are getting complex carbs with meal 3

cardio
    meal 1,2 pro/fat
    meal 3 pro/carb
    meal 4-6 pro/fat

DCB
    I agree, and like NG said make sure meal 3 is complex carbs and not simple sugars

-B-

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member

cardio
    meal 1,2 pro/fat
    meal 3 pro/carb
    meal 4-6 pro/fat

DCB
    Got it! Thanks a lot.

XL721 is offline Junior Member
    Yo, BNutz is that u in ur avatar?

yup thats me..That was right after i finished cutting a month ago.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    OMG how gay is it that you replied to the same post with both of your usernames. Brian11 & Natural Giant ........ ghey..

<<LMO>>

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    OMG how gay is it that you replied to the same post with both of your usernames. Brian11 & Natural Giant ........ ghey..

<<LMO>>
    GAY AS PHUCK!!!!!! OMG, talking to yourself and having to back yourself up???

You've NO shame brutha, no shame at all.............

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    GAY AS PHUCK!!!!!! OMG, talking to yourself and having to back yourself up???

You've NO shame brutha, no shame at all.............

~SC~
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. . .thats funny sh!t

dcb

Thread Information