Thread: peanut butter

pspcs83 is offline Junior Member

peanut butter

is the regular peanut butter that much worse for you than the all-natural peanut butter?

i can stomach the all-natural but i don't think it's that great. just wanted to know if i should continue the sacrifice

brian11 is offline Member
    I'm interested in that too as I am trying to find fat sources other than these **** almonds and flax

-B-

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    You will get used to all natural after a while and it will taste fine, and yes, transfats are bad for you.

Do you guys that eat the natty PB just eat it straight out of the container or do you put it on something? Just tryin to get some ideas so i can mix up the fat part of my many pro/fat meals!

-B-

fitter-happier is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    Do you guys that eat the natty PB just eat it straight out of the container or do you put it on something? Just tryin to get some ideas so i can mix up the fat part of my many pro/fat meals!

-B-
    i like smuckers all natural peanut butter and just eat it right out the jar. 2 tbsp = 15 g of fat. either that or i take in a quarter cup of unsalted almonds or a tbsp of flax seed oil.

-B-
    straight out of the jar. i just have a really big glass of water to get it down. this stuff sticks to the roof of your mouth more than regular pb. also you have to keep it refrigerated so it's cold. i prefer my PB at room temp personally.

For my pro/fat meals, i sometimes cook some chicken in a tbsp or so of extra virgin olive oil. If i have ground turkey or hamburger meat i add it in there too. you can also add it on top if you grill also

Quote Originally Posted by fitter-happier
    i like smuckers all natural peanut butter and just eat it right out the jar. 2 tbsp = 15 g of fat. either that or i take in a quarter cup of unsalted almonds or a tbsp of flax seed oil.
    Yea i know all too well about the **** almonds....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im so tired of almonds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-B-

GQSuperman is offline Banned

Pb

natty pb is great. ****, there's even an all pb diet posted on elitefitness......swole, what do you think about that diet anyway?

anyway, trader joe has good natty pb in bulk. i also have natty almond butter from the health food section of my grocery store. it's good ****. you can get either in creamy, but i prefer the cruncy. if you want, put it on celery.

Quote Originally Posted by pspcs83
    straight out of the jar. i just have a really big glass of water to get it down. this stuff sticks to the roof of your mouth more than regular pb. also you have to keep it refrigerated so it's cold. i prefer my PB at room temp personally.

For my pro/fat meals, i sometimes cook some chicken in a tbsp or so of extra virgin olive oil. If i have ground turkey or hamburger meat i add it in there too. you can also add it on top if you grill also

Thanks for the input, I'm not as worried about the protein as i am the fat. I have plenty for protein as its a pretty simple nutrient to get. The good fat is the hard part bc everything that you have to eat to get it is nasty

-B-

Quote Originally Posted by GQSuperman
    natty pb is great. ****, there's even an all pb diet posted on elitefitness......swole, what do you think about that diet anyway?

anyway, trader joe has good natty pb in bulk. i also have natty almond butter from the health food section of my grocery store. it's good ****. you can get either in creamy, but i prefer the cruncy. if you want, put it on celery.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo not celery

-B-

-B-
    what? raw celery is awesome. i thinkyou actually burn more calories consuming/digesting it than the celery has itself. perfect food!

slizzut is offline Senior Member

-B-

LMAO! I just measure it in a tablesppon and eat it straight or I do milk (low carb), 2 scoops whey, ice, 2 tblsp of natty pb and blend that ****, its so good.. taste like a reeses cup if you have chocolate powder.

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Trans fats are minimal ( when the mandatory trans fat labeling starts, it will say 0g. I read an article about it, but i lost the link) and so are the added sugars (maybe a gram more per serving)...I just eat the regular stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim2884
    Trans fats are minimal ( when the mandatory trans fat labeling starts, it will say 0g. I read an article about it, but i lost the link) and so are the added sugars (maybe a gram more per serving)...I just eat the regular stuff.
    I just bought some natty PB and it has trans fat listed and with 0g.

-B-

mikeh is offline New Member
    Yea i know all too well about the **** almonds....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im so tired of almonds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-B-
    Why not swap for some walnuts for a while??
    I believe they are higher in Omega (I'll have to check)

or pistachios

dammit, i just got back from the store and bought more almonds.....I will check try those out when i finish up this package in a few days. Thanks

-B-

dammit, i just got back from the store and bought more almonds.....I will check try those out when i finish up this package in a few days. Thanks

-B-

Pistachios are mad good too dude, mm mmmm

mikeh is offline New Member
    I believe regular PB has saturated fats and lots of sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh
    Why not swap for some walnuts for a while??
    I believe they are higher in Omega (I'll have to check)
    what about regular peanuts?

Beernutz is offline Member
    I dont know how you guys dont like Natty Pb...I fuc#$% love it...I enjoy it more then the regular kind.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    I dont know how you guys dont like Natty Pb...I fuc#$% love it...I enjoy it more then the regular kind.
    if it didnt have so many calories i would eat it all **** day...i love it too...2-3 jars a week!!!!!!...when bulking...now i have to keep it at one...maybe part of a 2nd before the 7 days is up

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    Partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, fully hydrogenated vegetable oil, mono and diglycerides, etc. There is something about those ingredients that dont sound very appealing to me. The processed stuff is processed to the point that it will not go bad for years even if stored at room temp. The natural must be refrigerated because it is so much closer to being a "live" food. I just feel a lot better about the natural.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Natural PB is the only way to go..... there is too much other $hit in regular PB like others have stated. Plus regular PB doesn't have the EFA's natty PB does. The EFA oil in Natty PB is what makes it a good source of fat.

And yes it tastes D*amn good...... I hardly ever use it in my diet because it is hard to only have 1-2 tbsp as a meal lol.... I end up eating 1/4 of the jar

<<LMO>>

Thread Information