Phyll is offline Associate Member

Yet Another Diet/CKD Thread... Please help!

Hey bros

I am thinking about going into a CKD diet for 5 weeks.

I have been following the cutting sticky for 6 weeks and at the beginning it worked well. Been doing 45 min cardio on empty stomach 5 days a week, and so far I lost like 5 lbs. During the last 1-2 weeks I am stuck though. I reached some plateau and it is really frustrating. So I have been reading a lot about CKD and I think that it could help me shed the last 5-10 pounds off. I just started a cycle too so I am not too concerned about muscle loss.

What you bros think? Is that the right way to go?

Also, in the low carbs days do you still have a PWO with dex?

Thanks all!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you do a CKD, you have no carbs at all for 5 or 6 days, depending on when u want a refeed.

I can tell you that you will lose fat NO faster on a CKD than w/the cutting sticky. You need to adjust your amounts and watch the pwo carb amounts, change your workout approach (whatever it is), and add some more cardio perhaps as well. You WILL run the chance of losing more lean mass on a CKD however, contrary to what you hear about them being "protein sparing". Try telling that to your lean mass that gets torn apart, but never reaps the benefits of pwo carbs/protein, which is the most CRUCUIAL stage in muscular recovery/growth. Very key, especially "on cycle" as well as you are. CKD's on a cycle I see as pretty pointless.

But go for it if you think it'll work for ya!

~SC~

thanks Swole... I am really confused... I have been trying to shed these last pounds for a while now and it has become really frustrating... Specially when I see bros posting great before/after pics in as little as 5 weeks in the pics forum, and I feel like I have been doing everything right, as far as I know.

Here is a little bit of my routine:

I have been working out 3 days a week:
    TUE - Shoulders + Legs
    THU - Chest + Tris
    FRI - Back + Bis

Cardio every morning for 45 minutes (been dragging lately too; guess it's because I haven't seen too many results.) Sometimes I will do cardio Sat morning if I wake up feeling inspired.

I feel like I have upped the amounts of fat I have been eating... Like for instance, in the afternoon I will eat a protein shake and some nuts for fat. Same thing after cardio. I wonder if I am eating too much fat? As far as carbs are concerned, I have only been eating the complex kinds. No refined sugar or anything like that. For lunch I usually eat a sweet potato or brown rice with 2 chicken breasts and some brocolli/cauliflower.

The rest of the day I pretty much have protein and fat. Most of my protein outside lunch and dinner comes from a low carb protein shake. Lately for dinner I have started eating only protein and fats. My last carb meal of the day is my PWO on weight days and on the other days I try not to eat any carbs after 4.

I guess that's it... It is just frustrating I will be going on vac soon and I am not where I thought I would be after 6 weeks dieting, I am starting to wonder if my genetics are that bad...

I am open to ideas, if you think I should just stick to what I am doing, hey who am I to disagree? You know this game a lot better than I do.
    Last edited by Phyll; 07-16-2004 at 02:40 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Have you ever had your natural testosterone levels examined?

See if results get better on cycle, and that may be not just because you can assimilate more protein, it may also be because your normal levels weren't normal before you began.

Just a thought........gym time!

~SC~

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I had the same problem as you, I followed something similar to the sticky diet, basically a tkd, and I got stuck probably where you are right now. When i got stuck on the tkd, I wasn't sure what to do, so I started doing stupid things, like lowering cals too much and overdoing cardio. Fortunately, I decided to give the CKD a shot, I was able to raise my cals and missing PWO carbs turned out not to be a big deal since I was able to eat more and my body sucked it up no probs even without the carbs. I think the TKD is still a good diet, but for most endomorphs I don't think it will take you to the single digits BF.

On the low carb days, you should be under 30g for the day. I generally was around 10g or less, basically just trace carbs (excluding fiber). I carbed up once every four days, and just made sure to take in my protein before the carbs, even if it was just a shake.

As far as the AAS, I would have started the cycle before you started the diet.

thanks bro... I think I will try that too

Thread Information