Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

reciprocation23 is offline New Member
    thanks guys, I am new here and feel at home already! I only crap 1-2 times a day tho lol.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    yes, an old thread.... but!

this link taking me to the Excel spreadsheet is no longer available. Anyone have a copy?

"We have included an excel document created by Elliot @ AR that will calculate your calorie needs for you, using the Harris Benedict formula.

Elliot's Harris Benedict Calculator for Males:
    http://www.geocities.com/arelliotness/
    Download the document named: harris-elliot.xls"

ALTOP is offline New Member
    This is a real big help. Gives me lots of ideas to help me plan better. Thanks to all who helped with this.

bntz305 is offline New Member
    i always find myself reading this post.... i think this will be the fifth time...!!!!

pkme is offline Junior Member
    awsome man thx. will try this b4 and durring my first cycle.

Callsign is offline Associate Member
    Great stuff!!! Gonna have to redisign my diet.. Thanks bro

ChevyHero is offline New Member
    I will put this diet to the test! Thanks for taking the time to put it together

V8Assassin is offline Junior Member
    Stats:
    36 yrs old
    6'2" 245-250lbs
    bf 12-14%

This is what I have been trying to stick to. Centers mainly around chicken and steak. I like to sub sweet potatoes and the occasional idaho spuds for the brown rice. I am trying to get around 5k cal/day.

meal 1: Pro/carb
    8 egg whites, 2 scoop of whey protein, 1 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup blueberries

75g protein / 64g carbs / 5g fat

meal 2: Pro/fat
    12 oz beef tenderloin, ¼ cup swiss cheese, green veggies

76g protein / 2g carbs / 24g fat

meal 3: Pro/carb
    2 chicken breast, 1 and a half cup brown rice (will sub with sweet potatoes)

60g protein / 64g carbs / 3g fat
    **disclaimer: Meal 3 can be a pro/fat meal if you are ultra sensitive to carb intake.

meal 4: Pro/fat
    12 oz beef tenderloin, 1/4cup swiss cheese, green veggies

76g protein / 2g carbs / 24g fat

workout

meal 5: Pwo nutrition
    2 scoops Dark Matter / 30 min later 2 scoops whey

50g protein / 80g carbs / 0g fat

meal 6: Ppwo
    2 boneless skinless chicken breast, ½ cup brown rice (will sub sweet potatoes)

60g protein / 70g carbs / 3g fat

meal 7: Pro
    2 scoops whey,
    50g protein /

meal 8: Before bed
    3 scoops of casein protein,

60g protein / 3g carbs /

ANY SUGGESTIONS????

Pkk
    Pkk is offline Junior Member
    Really good read thanks

coryfromtx is offline New Member
    I have a dumb question, should I be working out or just doing cardio during a bulk period. I know I am a rookie

jasonmarc is offline New Member
    will the first meal work for pre workout

Trunewb is offline New Member
    Anyone else have a hard time taking down 1 cup of oatmeal? Any suggestions? That just a lot of oatmeal lol!

pyschomab is offline Associate Member
    for years I still refer to this!

Dav
    Dav is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut View Post

Meal 1: Pro/Carb

8 Egg Whites, 1 Scoop Of Whey Protein, 1 cup oatmeal

50g protein / 54g carbs / 5g fat

Meal 2: Pro/Fat

Lean Ground Beef, ¼ cup swiss cheese, green veggies

55g protein / 2g carbs / 20g fat

Meal 3: Pro/Carb

Chicken Breast, 1 and a half cup Brown Rice

55g protein / 64g carbs / 3g Fat
    **Disclaimer: Meal 3 can be a pro/fat meal if you are ultra sensitive to carb intake.

Meal 4: Pro/Fat

2 Cans of Tuna, 1 Tbsp Full Fat Mayonnaise, Veggies

60g protein / 2g carbs / 13g Fat

Workout

Meal 5: PWO Nutrition

2 Scoops Whey Protein / 80g of Dextrose

40g protein / 80g carbs / 0g fat

Meal 6: PPWO

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, ½ cup Brown Rice (Measured Uncooked)

50g protein / 70g carbs / 3g fat

Meal 7: Pro/Fat

Lean Protein of your choice, 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
    50g protein / 5g carbs / 18g fat

Meal 8: Before Bed

3 Scoops of Whey Protein, 1.5 Tbsp. Flax Seed Oil

60g protein / 3g carbs / 21g Fat

That turns into approximately 420 grams protein, 250 grams Carbs, and 83 grams of fat. This is roughly 3500 calories

*Reminder: This is a PRIMER. It’s not mean to be comprehensive. Everyone is different, to find out what works for your body takes trial and error.

Here comes the fun part: Question and Answer….

Q: What about dairy?
    A: This is totally dependant upon your goals. If you don’t mind the bloat from milk then go for it. Skim milk is a better choice as far as mixing fats and carbs go. Remember you are bulking so you have more freedom in your dietary choices.

Q: How often should I eat?
    A: You’ll have to do the math to see how often you will have to eat to get your 7-8 meals a day in. If your up for 16 hours a day, then every 2 hours is how often you need to eat.

Q: Is sodium an issue?
    A: Outside of the bloating issue, or if you have high cholesterol, no.

Q. How do I make my meals not taste like cardboard?
    A. Be creative. Mix in some sugar free jam or splenda in your oats, some hot sauce or soy sauce on your meats, or pick up some sugar free ketchup.

Q. I don’t like old fashioned oats. Can I eat the pre mixed oats with fruit?
    A. No. Be a man. Those mixes have ridiculous amounts of sugar.

Q. What about fruit?
    A: Go for it, like with dairy you are BULKING. You have more freedom in your dietary choices.

Q: What are some good sources of Lean Protein?
    A: Eggs, Fish, Chicken, Steak, Ground Beef, Whey Protein, Turkey….. the list goes on forever. Do a search and look through other people’s diets for ideas on protein

Q: What are some good sources of complex carbohydrates?
    A: Rice, Pasta, Whole Wheat Bread, Yams, Oatmeal…. Same as above

As a final note we would like to thank SwoleCat and the rest of the diet forum participants for their help and influence on this post.

And we will end this sticky with a quote:

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

LMO & Rambo

--------------------------------

Sources:

http://www.weight-loss-i.com/calorie...s-benedict.htm
    Hi, I like the look of this meal plan but I have a couple of question I hope someone can help me with. It doesn't mention the weight of the chicken breasts, would this be a 6oz chicken breast. What size are the tins of tuna, in my local shop there are a few different sizes, also they are all either in brine or sunflower, the brine would be ok yeah?. Last question, for the last meal, do I mix the 1.5 table spoons of flax seed with the shake, like does the oil mix ok in a shake?

Thanks
    Dave

adamjames is offline Member
    oils fine in a shake, brine or sunflower doesent matter i prefer sunflower make sure its got more mono than poly, youl find hidden saturates in the meat u eat, post workout i take fats!

psillyness is offline New Member
    great diet thread. wouldn't it be a good idea to take in a little bit of BCAA before cardio on an empty stomach?

adamjames is offline Member
    take glutamine prior to cardio or 20 gs protein shake, theres a real good post somewere about cardio and muscle wasting if you can find it, the intensity of it is quite important to keep gains, u dont wanna go full wack keep it around 60 70% full heart rate, i think its a post by phate?

psillyness is offline New Member
    thanks. that was a good read too. should you take the protein around 25-30min before cardio? also, u say you take in fats PWO - immediately PWO? why exactly? i ask because there is a bit of controversy on this....

lepooj is offline New Member
    excellent post this will help me a lot.

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    interesting read and good diet for putting on lean mass

missionone is offline New Member
    great post to read for a new comer. I have only tried pro hormone for a 4 week trial and i saw huge gains....I'm going to do my research to see what is best for me now. Thank you for the starting info...

chi
    started this diet today and will post my results in a new thread

dt725 is offline Junior Member
    holy crap that is alot. I will take this into consideration. you must be a mountain of a man to handle that

Tamim_ibn_Aqa is offline New Member
    This is a superb and extremely helpful post! It definitely stands the test of time (7 years now!).

If I may nerd out for a second, though...

I didn't read all 5 pages of responses, but I thought I would point out for our international friends (I'm in the U.S.) that 'calories' and 'Calories' are not the same thing.

'Calories' with a capital 'C' are known as food calories, and are equal to 1000 calories (with a lowercase 'c'). It doesn't really matter to us Americans because our nutrition labels show 'Calories.' However, Europe and other countries (I think maybe Australia) show 'kcal' (kilocalories) and 'J' (Joules) as their units of energy (Joules is metric). Therefore, just to clear things up:

1 Calorie = 1,000 calories = 1 kcal

Not that anyone in Europe would think they have to eat only 3 Calories a day. Just saying!

eire-lifter is offline New Member
    First time poster on a course of 200 test prop, 100 decanate, 100 enanthate and anavar tabs and tamoxifen . Month in after putting on 5 - 6 kilos so fare. Just wondering is my diet Ok as I'm new enough to steroids and not quite sure how much my food intake should be. Im 23 years old, 86kilos and 6"0 tall play soccer for an hour twice/three times a week for cardio is this enough also?
    Meal 1

4 weetabix + milk
    6 egg whites

Meal 2

Post workout shake 50grams,
    Tub of muller rice

Meal 3

300grams of meat with 70 grams of brown rice/multicolred pasta + sauce

Meal 4

200grams of cod fillets in breadcrumbs

Meal 5

2 scoops of casein protein
    cheese sandwhich in brown bread

10-12 hours sleep

Just wondering should I be eating less/more? Im on a split body workout 4 sets of 12-10-8-6-12 on each bodypart so 8sets a day. day 1-chest/legs, day 2-back/shoulders, day 3-arms, day 4-rest day or cardio. Is this enough training? Just looking a bit of good advice basically to see if im on the right track.

Thanks.
    Last edited by eire-lifter; 02-18-2011 at 07:11 PM.

bozlet is offline Banned
    shouldnt meal 8 before bed be casein protein not whey?

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    ^^^
    it should be casein yes

bozlet is offline Banned
    and why is this diet have 420grams of protein for a 220 pounder wtf..... thats like how much roid munchers need lol

bozlet is offline Banned
    and also..... 3500 calories a day for bulking?? which BMR did did u times that by ... sounds a bit low for a 26 weighin 2200 unless they train like twice a week ? lol

Bigbody45 is offline New Member
    CASEIN before bed=MAJOR WEIGHT GAIN SON!

juan1122 is offline New Member
    hey im 26 years old 5'7 weight 120lbs,,, yes my friends only 120lbs i know its really sad 14 years old kids are bigger than me i recently met met a friend after 5 years and he used to be as skinny as my but now hes huge,,, hes been using roids and hes telling me to do the same thing,
    but a lot of people is telling me that roids are not for me right now cause i havent been training for long enogh but my friend is sayind that doesnt matter what should i do friends i need help over here

chi
    Quote Originally Posted by juan1122 View Post
    hey im 26 years old 5'7 weight 120lbs,,, yes my friends only 120lbs i know its really sad 14 years old kids are bigger than me i recently met met a friend after 5 years and he used to be as skinny as my but now hes huge,,, hes been using roids and hes telling me to do the same thing,
    but a lot of people is telling me that roids are not for me right now cause i havent been training for long enogh but my friend is sayind that doesnt matter what should i do friends i need help over here

FIRST of all your in the wrong section, you need to learn how to eat, and you need to read the site rules and stickies.

GabeS is offline New Member
    I noticed in the first post it mentioned it tasting like cardboard and how to make it taste better..

Can one use regular condiments lets say on the lean beef or chicken breast, like salt, oregano, garlic, etc...?

and on the sugar side, how bad is injesting sugar during bulking phase? I usually eat cake or similar deserts once a day or at least eod, keep in mind i am one of those super skinny/ripped guys, Starting my 2nd cycle of test e. 500mg p w.
    is this something i should completely cut out of my diet even thought It is literally impossible for me to gain even a gram of fat?.(exageration)

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    Really good thread, best side of it was that it was explained really simple

GabeS is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
    I noticed in the first post it mentioned it tasting like cardboard and how to make it taste better..

Can one use regular condiments lets say on the lean beef or chicken breast, like salt, oregano, garlic, etc...?

and on the sugar side, how bad is injesting sugar during bulking phase? I usually eat cake or similar deserts once a day or at least eod, keep in mind i am one of those super skinny/ripped guys, Starting my 2nd cycle of test e. 500mg p w.
    is this something i should completely cut out of my diet even thought It is literally impossible for me to gain even a gram of fat?.(exageration)
    200 posts in this thread and I cant get a simple reply for a simple question.?

BurntRbr is offline Junior Member
    great post and this diet section rocks

Twin is offline Associate Member
    good info

razorback74 is offline New Member
    As a new member, this is what i needed to see.. I'm going to start this "BULK" diet next week. Im stuck at 155-160 for a long, long time. I did a cycle of ph called 1-ad a few years ago and gained about 8 lbs. And of course lost it do to improper diet. My next cycle i think im going to keep the gains now! Thanks so much for this post and the others who added to it. I really like this forum and plan to stick around for a while!

Baxter0911 is offline New Member
    This is really great info and goes along with alot I've learned and have tried to implement so far. I do have one question, when talking about egg whites, is it ok to sub eggwhites in the carton for "real" egg whites, as that is time consuming, as for price I'm not sure which is cheaper. Hope someone can help, it just might be easier to keep a couple cartoons of pourable eggwhites for 1st meal as opposed to a couple crates of eggs in the frig.

ravid32 is offline New Member
    I'm 19 year old 5'8 135 pounds trying hit 155 within 4-6 weeks. Any recommended diets within a student budget and not time consuming? sorry for the double posts

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information