Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: UNoffical "How to Bulk" thread and sample diet...

un4gettable is offline New Member
    great post

Phoenix18 is offline Junior Member
    What an incredibly informative post. This site is growing on me more and more each day!

hell911 is offline Associate Member
    so what does FIBER do in bulking?

smile is offline Junior Member
    Good Diet !!

629 is offline New Member
    Reading threads like these really make me realize how much work my diet needs...

smile is offline Junior Member
    Are Quaker Quick One-Minute Oats a good choice ?
    What about baked sweet potatoes ?

JonSnow is offline New Member
    Second post,
    Glanced over first post, disagree with a number of things.

1)Meal time/frequency does not matter in the sense of overall body composition/health. It can have affects on performance. Someone who has consumed 2,000 calories before working out is going to perform better than someone who has only eaten 250. more here: bodyrecomposition. com/muscle-gain/meal-frequency-and-mass-gains. html

2)Dislike the term cheating and meal examples. People should be educated on how to track their macros/micros. The majority of literature provides evidence that no more than 0.82g/lbs bw on protein is not needed (more is needed for AAS users). 0.5g /lbs fat is safe and the rest of your caloric requirements can be carbs. For calories 18 cal/lb is a good starting base, if not gaining any weight increase by 250kcal or so and adjust from there. There are lots of apps to track this myfitnesspal is a good one.

3)The notion that the timing of carbs is ridiculous. Nitpicking over the GI of individual foods is yet another potential pathway to pathological eating perfectionism and false food discrimination. Ultimately, worrying about the GI is an unnecessary burden that won't necessarily lead to better health. The GI of a food type is meaningless in a mixed diet for satiety & health, exercise performance or for insulin response. Read here for more bodyrecomposition. com/research-review/glycaemic-index-effects-on-fuel-partitioning-in-humans. html

4)Postworkout Nutrition- Unless you're an endurance athlete, you don't need to worry about this. Having food 15 minutes or 4 hours later, there will be no difference. bodyrecomposition. com/muscle-gain/muscle-growth-and-pos-workout-nutrition .html

5) Glutamine - "Helps prevent catabolism. Best used in dosages of 10grams daily, 5 grams before cardio, 5 grams at another interval, but not after workout as it fights for absorption with the glutamine peptides in whey." - what? you get enough Glutamic Acid from a protein-rich diet. Additional supplementation will not have any benefits

sorry about the links, i cant post them so i need to add spaces.

deadliftnow is offline New Member
    Great post!
    Really helpful… for my diet but what I have been struggling on is pre workout meals…I mean I realized that you stated that timing is a big thing for carbs and the main times are breakfast, PWO and PPWO but would carbs be alright for pre workout cause I notice that I get very hungry during my workout this makes me think that I should eat more carbs right before workout.

nussnussbaby is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for posting!

Lee_1978 is offline Member
    It's interesting, I've just used both the Harris Benedict and the Katch McArdle formulas to work out my calorie needs and the difference between the two is quite substantial. The H.B clearly overestimates.

bjn6802 is offline New Member
    in the sample diet, some of the foods like the rice and stuff is measured out but all the meats aren't. how much do I have to eat for it to equal the sample number of protein, carbs and fats?
    can I use pasta instead of the rice?
    what are some good veggies?

Varenagan is offline Banned
    This is the worst piece of garbage I've read.

3g protein per pound of body weight?! LOL!
    Only have carbs with 3 meals?! LOL!
    Twice as much protein as carbs?! LOL!

6 time Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates recommends 1-1.5g protein and 2g carbs per pound of body weight.

OP may be a veteran member but the dude is a moron for writing this nonsense. Don't follow this terrible advice.

Muscle1988 is offline New Member
    Agreed. This stickied post is outdated. I think the protein intake is way too high. Much more complex carbs needed , best way to do it is to splt it through day, breakfast and post workout might not be enough but than it's up to individual. But please don't think timing of carbs really matters. Don't let that hold I back from getting enough carbs on a bulk especially for hard gainers. Complex cabs though. To be honest a little juice at breakfast or lunch wouldn't hurt anything either.

finishstrong is offline New Member
    I realize this is a 2004 thread, put I am trying to follow a very balanced lean muscle gain diet program. So Varenagan & Muscle1988, if this is completely off do you guys have a link to a diet plan that would be more up to date for lean muscle gain?

jesse4466 is offline Member
    Agreed, instead of people criticizing (obviously its an old post) it would be more helpful to update this with what would be a better alternative.

Dale38 is offline New Member
    I am curious on your supplement list. Should BCAA, OR amino acids be consumed also

Girthquake is offline New Member
    In response to Mr. Snow: all of your sources are from the same location. This is a bad thing. It points out nothing more than the fact that you disagree because you agree with someone else. Balanced sources make for credible arguments. And I dont completely disagree with you, but dont think a new trend in nutrition so easily overthrows something that has worked a million times before. The best proof is found in pudding.
    Last edited by Girthquake; 08-19-2014 at 09:40 PM. Reason: fix reply

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread Information