diesel21 is offline Member

need to fine tune diet, please help

I have a photo shoot aug. 8th,
    i'm around 7% boday fat, 25, 5'6," 185 lbs.....

i've been doing very well on my diet but need to really shred up some more.. i've researched some supplements to help burn fat, but none look that promising.....

I have around 2,500 calories a day, no more than 50 grams of good fat, no more than 200 grams carbs a day (which most are from pre/post workout), and about 200 or more grams of protien... i've read a lot of the sticky's and all, but what can i do to take it to the next level, thanx for any help

and i'll get some pics up too (trying to be as lean as swolecat) lol

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Hey there bro! Thanks for the shout out at "being lean".

Anyhow, it looks like you have 2050 kcals going by the numbers above.

50 (fat) x9 = 450
    200 (carbs) x4 = 800
    200 (pro) x4 = 800

Total = 2050

Even if you went over the 200 on protein (as you said "or more") you're still 450 kcals away from the 2500 mark, and could have up to 112 grams of protein more to reach this 2500 goal. (450/4 = 112.5)

~SC~

cool, sounds good.... I'm thinking of doing an hour of cardio a day...... everyday shouldn't hurt right? I'll do it early before my first meal as usual.... Any other tips or maybe supplements that could help me out would be great, thank again!

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    you could add an ECA, but all other OTC fat burners seem to be very BUNK

DCB

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Try swole's 7-day contest prep.. look for big greens journal.. seems to worked very well for him..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    An hour, you could, yes. But you can also do other things as well. Depends on when u are training, what your meals are like, etc. If you lay that out, I am sure we can find places to accelerate your progress.

~SC~

hmm..
    I get up around 5-5:30 mon - fri (cause i work)

example of a typical day

do cardio inbetween 5-7 o clock for 45 to an hr

then first meal,optimum nutrition whey protien 40 grams w/ flax seed or 1/4 cup almonds ( I alter oatmeal or some other type of carbs w/ 1st or second meal)

2nd meal 10:30 egg whites w/ onions/mushrooms salt, pepper, sometimes lean ham or chicken (i cook with non fat spray)

3rd meal 12:30- flounder 3 fillets cooked w/ lemon and pepper little balsamic vinegar or wild salmon, or 1% fat turkey meat or tuna and so on

4th meal 3:30- whey protien 40 grams and flaxseed or nuts

5th meal 5:30-6:30 pre workout- 2-4 rice cakes some kind of protien from chicken, turkey, tuna, or a shake, maybe an apple, or oj also

7:00 work out for about 1.5-2 hrs usually one body part per day (and mon, wed, fri abs)

6th meal 830-900 4-6 mini rolls of sweet tarts a shake

sometimes i do a 7th meal which would be 20-30 grams lean protien before bed.

I usually have a lot more carbs (I work well with carbs) but since i need to get read quick I cut back. Its very hard for me to decide if i need more or less because i work landscaping as well as training people.. I usually work landscaping/construction 3-4 days a week (but not killing myself type of work, I have a huge ride on mower but i still get off it constanly to lift stuff, plant ect... so i'm sure that burns a lot of calories as well.. my sleeping habits suck! i try to get extra hours on mt break around 11-2 if possible) When i start school again my schedule will be much better to follow. Also what about when I get very active and do clean ups or work like putting down mulch? Just eat more fat? And I'm not gonna lie, I do go out at least twice a week partying and drink diet coke and baccardi or a vodka and cranberry,not many 2 the most, i dance it off, lol)
    of course i will cut that out very soon, I'm currently 180lbs down a lil more body fat, but enough writing

And i definetly hope that the seven day prep works!

thanx in advance

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    CAPS BRO. . .

Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    hmm..
    I get up around 5-5:30 mon - fri (cause i work)

example of a typical day

do cardio inbetween 5-7 o clock for 45 to an hr

then first meal,optimum nutrition whey protien 40 grams w/ flax seed or 1/4 cup almonds ( I alter oatmeal or some other type of carbs w/ 1st or second meal)
    I WOULD KEEP THIS AT PRO/FAT, NEVER NE OATMEAL. THE FAT WILL HELP CONTINUE LYPOSIS

2nd meal 10:30 egg whites w/ onions/mushrooms salt, pepper, sometimes lean ham or chicken (i cook with non fat spray)
    ADD A FAT BRO

3rd meal 12:30- flounder 3 fillets cooked w/ lemon and pepper little balsamic vinegar or wild salmon, or 1% fat turkey meat or tuna and so on
    I AM NOT SURE HOW MUCH FAT IS IN FLOUNDER, BUT I THINK AGAIN YOU NEED TO ADD A FAT

4th meal 3:30- whey protien 40 grams and flaxseed or nuts
    GOOD

5th meal 5:30-6:30 pre workout- 2-4 rice cakes some kind of protien from chicken, turkey, tuna, or a shake, maybe an apple, or oj also
    I WOULDNT THINK YOU NEED THIS, BUT YOU SAID YOU REPSOND GOOD WITH CARBS SO I AM NOT SURE

7:00 work out for about 1.5-2 hrs usually one body part per day (and mon, wed, fri abs)

6th meal 830-900 4-6 mini rolls of sweet tarts a shake
    DEF NEED SOME WHEY HERE BRO, 2:1 DEXTROSE:WHEY RATIO
    sometimes i do a 7th meal which would be 20-30 grams lean protien before bed.
    YOU SHOULD ALWAYS DO THIS MEAL, VERY IMPORTANT TO ADD A FAT WITH IT TO DIGEST THE PROTEIN WHILE YOU SLEEP
    I usually have a lot more carbs (I work well with carbs) but since i need to get read quick I cut back. Its very hard for me to decide if i need more or less because i work landscaping as well as training people.. I usually work landscaping/construction 3-4 days a week (but not killing myself type of work, I have a huge ride on mower but i still get off it constanly to lift stuff, plant ect... so i'm sure that burns a lot of calories as well.. my sleeping habits suck! i try to get extra hours on mt break around 11-2 if possible) When i start school again my schedule will be much better to follow. Also what about when I get very active and do clean ups or work like putting down mulch? Just eat more fat? And I'm not gonna lie, I do go out at least twice a week partying and drink diet coke and baccardi or a vodka and cranberry,not many 2 the most, i dance it off, lol)TISS TISS TISS, NOT GOOD LOLOL
    of course i will cut that out very soon, I'm currently 180lbs down a lil more body fat, but enough writing

And i definetly hope that the seven day prep works!

thanx in advance

DCB

Thread Information