Thread: Help!

Cry0smate is offline Member

Help!

Help!!

I started a new 10 week cutting diet yesterday but am stuck in a position now where I have to do cardio and weight training in the same session. I'm a firm believer in doing cardio on an empty stomach but I'm also a firm believer in the importance of timely PWO nutrition. I'm not really sure how to time this. I've done cardio and training in the same session before and haven't noticed any difference in strength and stamina as I've usually taken a 25 min break between the 2 and ate something before I trained. I guess that I'm not sure if I should do it before or after. Any suggestions you can offer are more than appreciated.

Option 1: 45 mins cardio 65-75% MHR, 25 min break and eat 1/2 cup oats, scoop of whey and 10g glutamine, then train. I'm thinking that even though this is some extra carbs it should aid in getting my glycogen stores on track, then lift followed by PWO 1 and PWO 2

Option 2: Lift 30-45 mins (if I'm by myself this shouldn't be a problem, then cardio) followed by PWO 1 and 2.

I just don’t want to eat anything prior to cardio for obvious reasons.

The rest of my diet looks like this:

PWO 1, PWO 2, Pro/Fat, Pro/Fat, Pro/Fat, Pro/Fat

I'm planning on doing this for the first 9 weeks then do Swolecats 7 dayer the last week.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also, I left my #@W! dex when I was out of state so I'm not sure what would be a good substitute to hit the simple carbs required in PWO 1 until I get another supply. Any ideas on that one?

GQSuperman is offline Banned

workout

eating the oats after your morning cardio is going to interrupt lipolysis. so, i'm not sure if this is a good idea to have them at that time or not. why not just leave out the oats and have a pro fat meal and then have your PWO carbs.

as for PWO carbs....use gatorade in place of dextrose.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah bro, hit a pro/fat meal after your cardio and then go after the weights

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I can't offer a suggestion I am comfortable with, as training 1/2 hour or so after cardio is insane. I know you don't have a choice in the matter, so that's not a flame towards you, just an outlook on the situation.

~SC~

Thanks all!! I appreciate it a ton. I'll switch over to a pro/fat after cardio.

SC, no offense taken at all, do you think it will have a negative effect on my ability to hold onto mass?

One more question. When you choose an activity level for your BMR, do you consider your current cardio sessions? Wouldn't that be somewhat counter productive since the whole purpose of cardio is to assist in creating a deficit?

Man my brain just doesn't work today, it feels like a MONDAY.....

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwacity
    Thanks all!! I appreciate it a ton. I'll switch over to a pro/fat after cardio.

SC, no offense taken at all, do you think it will have a negative effect on my ability to hold onto mass?

I'm not SC..... but I will tell you that most likely you will have issues because lipolysis can blunt anabolism. Plus your going to be tired for your workout after cardio.

<<LMO>>

Ugh... Only having one opportunity window now during the day to train sucks! Atleast it wont be everyday of the week. I can figure out a way to atleast still have 2 separate sessions on the weekends and just rotate my split.

What about just doing cardio after lifting? Sorry for being a pain here, this is just frustrating.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwacity
    Ugh... Only having one opportunity window now during the day to train sucks! Atleast it wont be everyday of the week. I can figure out a way to atleast still have 2 separate sessions on the weekends and just rotate my split.

What about just doing cardio after lifting? Sorry for being a pain here, this is just frustrating.
    def dont do cardio PWO, b/c that is went your muscle need those pwo shake nutrients ASAP

dcb

Thanks guys! I'll see what happens.. Hell I might try to change my hours at work. I hate doing this stuff this way.

Thread Information