Thread: Need Some Help!

bmfwalton is offline New Member

Need Some Help!

Ok I've been reading a lot about cutting diets. What I love about it is I can still eat my morning bowl of oatmeal. It's like I can't function without it. Although with further reading I have realized I need to do my cardio in the morning. Thats fine but following cardio you need to have a protien/fat meal. This is where I need help. All the cutting diets say eat your carbs in the morning but do your cardio on an empty stomach followed by a protien/fat meal. So when do you eat your carbs for the morning? Am I out of luck for the oatmeal?

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmfwalton
    Ok I've been reading a lot about cutting diets. What I love about it is I can still eat my morning bowl of oatmeal. It's like I can't function without it. Although with further reading I have realized I need to do my cardio in the morning. Thats fine but following cardio you need to have a protien/fat meal. This is where I need help. All the cutting diets say eat your carbs in the morning but do your cardio on an empty stomach followed by a protien/fat meal. So when do you eat your carbs for the morning? Am I out of luck for the oatmeal?

your pretty much out of luck bro.. depending on how many days a week you do cardio.. i would eat it on my non-cardio days

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You can still have oatmeal after your morning cardio. Just wait 15-30 mins before you eat. Many just have fat/pro, but many also have clean carb/pro in the first meal. There is no one right answer here, see how both approaches treat you.

~SC~

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    Swole,
    If I'm hitting cardio first thing in the am (empty stomach), is it better to have those oats if I work a demanding job over the next 6 hours? I always hit the weights after work (landscaping) so I feel that those morning carbs help. Otherwise, I don't have the required glycogen to work OR workout later in the day? Make sense?
    You da man!
    -HB

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by homeboybonanza
    Swole,
    If I'm hitting cardio first thing in the am (empty stomach), is it better to have those oats if I work a demanding job over the next 6 hours? I always hit the weights after work (landscaping) so I feel that those morning carbs help. Otherwise, I don't have the required glycogen to work OR workout later in the day? Make sense?
    You da man!
    -HB

Do your cardio, then shower/dress and wait about 30-40 mins to eat your first meal w/the oats. (protein too of course!) Pop about 100-200 mgs of ala and you're good to go.

~SC~

doctorcc is offline Junior Member
    I concur with swolecat. He knows what he's talking about. Wait for an hour or so before eating your morning oatmeal. You heart is still pumping, and ideally using stored energy, not recently eaten energy.

Thread Information